• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wars - Online Tournament POOLS ARE LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best101

Smash Ace
Sign me up for the tournament. My username will be Lank! for now(Didn't want to use Link) until I feel like changing it, but I'm sure it doesn't matter right now

My region is easy to figure out (just look to the left)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You MUST go to the first post and sign up using the registration page if you want to compete. You CANNOT just post and say you want in. Go to the FIRST POST and click on the registration link!

sammitch

Smash Rookie
I tried searching this thread, but it didn't let me. My friend is entering the tournament and i've been practicing with him. I was wondering if there was any way for two people to play on the same Wii, or would that be against the rules?

I know people could play for other people, but they could do that any way if they lived in the same area, and it's only hurting yourself if you do. I don't have a Wii yet, will probably buy one soon as I get the extra money. So I was just wondering if I can get on the tournament or not.

Thank you.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
I would like to clarify something:

On Saturday March 29th, I will not be available all day long. I have read that you can play at any time before 9 P.M. How many matches should I expect to have to play that day? I should be able to get in a good few hours of games but not an excessive amount. Can someone please clarify how the pools will work that day? Thanks!

Zixion

Smash Cadet
I'm Spanish, so I put New york... It's the nearest... I'm really sorry if it causes lag...

By the way, if been in online tournaments before, and I know it's kind of shame to have someone so new to the boards occuping a spot, so i'm sorry again, but i just love smash...

I feel kind of bad because all this trouble -__-

Zero%

Smash Cadet
i got a question can i copete in the tornament if im from Puerto Rico ? please answer me.

chronojinx

Smash Rookie
I'm really stoked about this, this will bring back memories of when i would play LAN MK:DD on Warp Pipe.

I have two question: can I play on my friend's wii (wii are both signed up for this tourney)?

Secondly, how will stages work out if we don't have all of them.

Firebert

Smash Ace
I'm really stoked about this, this will bring back memories of when i would play LAN MK:DD on Warp Pipe.

I have two question: can I play on my friend's wii (wii are both signed up for this tourney)?

Secondly, how will stages work out if we don't have all of them.
Not sure about the first question, but as for the stages, just use the legal stages you already have for it.

DQP

Smash Ace
count me in. i hope i'm not the only alaskan here...

i also hope that's not during spring break, where i can't participate...

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
So, I see the stage bannings are listed.
How do you ban jungle japes but allow stages like Pictochat and Norfair? Pictochat is one of the only stages that's banned in the competitive open, and jungle japes was tournament legal in Melee. And then there's the matter of Onett and the other walk-off edges, which are easy to camp and for some characters to chain-throw out of. Flat Zone 2 is banned, and I doubt it's because of the flying meat. All I'm really saying is, there should be a matter of consistency in the stage banning.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this sure is a lot of people entered.

Approximately how many people are going to be in my pool? If it's over 12 I don't think I want to participate.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'd like to say that I love the stage selection and it's great that you guys aren't banning a huge selection of stages right off the bat.

So, I see the stage bannings are listed.
How do you ban jungle japes but allow stages like Pictochat and Norfair? Pictochat is one of the only stages that's banned in the competitive open, and jungle japes was tournament legal in Melee. And then there's the matter of Onett and the other walk-off edges, which are easy to camp and for some characters to chain-throw out of. Flat Zone 2 is banned, and I doubt it's because of the flying meat. All I'm really saying is, there should be a matter of consistency in the stage banning.
Why was Pictochat banned in the competitive open o.o; It's a great stage.
Jungle Japes has changed since Melee. Due to the swimming mechanic, there's a period where you can't react after you hit the water and it will carry you away to your death.
The wall-off stages should be tested first imo. Abuse it to win and send in some videos to prove it if you think it should be banned!
Flat Zone 2 I think is banned for some of the mini-games that happen during it which take up almost the entire stage (coughCAGEcough).
You did not list a reason for Norfair being banned.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
i was reading the legal and banned stages but i didnt see castle seige is it allowed or disallowed (sorry if this has been said) on a side note anybody want a training partner :)

TheKingofDes

Smash Apprentice
Im 14, i think the 15 years of age rule is the biggest load of crap ive ever heard

14-Mature Television-Myspace

16-Driving

18-Adult

and apparently at 15 smash Tournaments

zer0balance

Smash Rookie
Challenger Approaching...

zer0balance (and no that is not a typo) has joined, just note that I'm in British Columbia not Washington (no provinces on the list so I picked the closest state) so if that could be fixed ASAHP (as soon as humanly possible) I would be very appreciative of the efforts to make Canadians such as myself feel more welcome in the tourney. Oh, and let's not forget our friends south of the US. I hope to learn a lot from this experience (first Smash tourney I've had the pleasure of experiencing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom