• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wars Results Thread

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Congratulations, Overswarm, congratulations to our regional champs, and congratulations to everyone who participated. Here are the final results:

Grand Champion:
Overswarm

Regional Champions:

MW - Overswarm
NE - Oakwood
SE - Everlastin Yayuhzz
W - Bardull

This forum will remain open until later tonight, at which point it will be replaced by a results thread in the Tournament Results forum.

Huge thanks to everyone who participated. Together, you made this the largest single Smash tournament ever. That's right, ever. By more than double.

Also, special thanks to the staff:

M3D
Xsyven
Omnigamer
Virgilijus
Yeroc
WGWolverine
Dr Drew the Dragon
Buzz
Eor
Crom
Kirbyking

Stay tuned to WifiWars.com and Smashboards.com for more information. We have recordings of the Regional and Grand finals, which will be posted on Youtube.

Edit:

Full brackets and finals videos will be up tomorrow. For now, I'm making this the results topic.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
just for the record, I'm pretty sure the real grand championship happened in the second round of the midwest bracket...Overswarm vs Pink4Life

JCav

Smash Lord
great tourney it was a lot of fun and greatly organized, my thanks goes out to everyone who organized this and congrats to overswarm

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I wish the nationals were double elimination :(! Overswarm's stage selection caught me by surprise as well as ROB's...playability. No johns though, he won, but I want my rematch soon!

Eaode

Smash Champion
I wish the nationals were double elimination :(! Overswarm's stage selection caught me by surprise as well as ROB's...playability. No excuses, he won, but I will get my rematch soon! :laugh:
makes me sad that everyone underestimates ROB :(

But then it makes me happy cuz ppl don't know how to fight him

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
HA HA HA! R.O.B. for top tier!

Personally I would love if we knew who was each person's main was, I bet it would prove that Brawl is extremely well balanced.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
just for the record, I'm pretty sure the real grand championship happened in the second round of the midwest bracket...Overswarm vs Pink4Life
Not to john it up, but I haven't lost to him in the wifiwars ladder yet either, and those were my first games of the day. Pink was good, but it was not the finals.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
ggs everyone.

Though this was ... very time consuming, I'm looking forward to the next one. :) I'm definitely going to win for the West next time >:o

cya guys

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
hey, are you guys going to upload the updated, completed bracket?

oh, and, BarDull uses Marth. -- and a very annoying one at that xD

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to everyone, especially Overswarm for becoming the Grand Champion. I wish I could have stuck around in the tournament longer! I hope we can see many more similar smashboards tournaments in the future.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
azen forfeited well before it was time to play that match. he didn't lose.

Revenant01

Smash Rookie
good times although i didn't make it to the end i still had fun playing and made some new friends.

I can't wait till the next one.

Rev.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Mad Azen and I dropped out....Azen woulda won tho....

-Ciao
Maybe. I don't disagree that Azen is very good, I know I've played him, but online is a different kind of game. Even under the best conditions there is often a 1/4 or 1/2 second lag and thats something that is difficult to play with and it takes a different kind of play style. Thats my opinion anyway. Personally I have never been able to pull off the things I can offline.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
gratz OS this tourney was the s***, i only got to the 1st round of the brackets..but still, mb if i didn't kill myself bout 3 times i woulda made it further XD but yea im comin for all ya ppl next time >:7

Top Bottom