• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 19th

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Now let's get Ike in a Thong!

...or I call Sexism.

Last edited:

Tiptup

Smash Cadet
"But thanks to the determination of her female designer".

Great way to defend against the critics. Combat efficient shorts=buff

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Sakurai couldn't take off Link's hat yet he is just fine with stripping Samus down.

That aside, this REALLY surprised me. Not only the nature of the alternate outfit and gives me hope that just about every character will get an alt outfit of some kind. I really like this one since I like Zero Suit Samus, I like Metroid Fusion, and it was one of the outfits I wanted. Now it's a waiting game to see if Sakurai delivers and makes a Military Garb Samus or a Civilian Samus from Other M.

I also hope they release official character models but with their alt outfits instead of their default.
And just imagine if this was an Amiibo collectable.
To be fair, the Link Costume you're referring to isn't a True Alternate Costume, its an Alternate Texture thats only made to resemble the Skyloft Link outfit..chances are Link will have a completely different Alternate Costume that actually changes his Model..like, say, Hyrule Warriors Link or Fierce Diety Link or something.

I kind of think that we'll only be getting one True Alt Costume per character, to be honest, unless they make more later for DLC or something.

I would love official renders of them in their alts..and even more-so Amiibo of them in their alts, particularly if Skyward Sword Zelda DOES become an Alt for Zelda <3

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thank you for the fanservice, Sakurai. Hopefully tomorrow will be an even BIGGER reveal!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Kind of disappointing she isn't incredible ripped

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That based female designer and Sakurai playing for the home team.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's biker butt when????

But seriously, I hope everyone character gets a legit model swap like this.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Most PotD's lately don't get 4 pages worth of comments throughout an entire day. This one did it in the first couple of hours. Well played Sakurai, at least these costumes actually appear in Metroid games. Can't wait to see what other alt costumes there may or may not be. (please speedo Captain Falcon, dat 6-pack of justice)

Gef

Smash Cadet
Nobody would be mad about this, I don't know why half the comments are about feminists

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
If you have a problem with this you should have already had a problem with Metroid: Zero Mission as these are p much identical save for the boots.

Oh, you didn't? Shut up then.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
lol! I thought I'd see this in Project M before Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Lol @ potential controversy. Parents happily take their kids to beaches where women are clad in skimpier outfits than this.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Have to admit, I wasn't expecting this to make it in. Pretty neat to see a reference to past games like this. Makes me hope for a potential alt for armored Samus. :D

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
I guess this means a shirtless in shorts Marth and Ike are coming?
Hopefully a shirtless in thong WFT too ^_^. B
I actually really like the costume. The fact there's going to be controversy over ZSS wearing a custume she wore in her games Is what bothers me.

Why can't SJWs and 'Feminists' get a life?
Because their purpose is to complain (especially about anything involving women) even when there is nothing to complain about. If female characters in video games were frumpy, fat, and unattractive,they would complain that women are being made fun. They would outcry that these women shouldn't represent them just as they do now with beautiful female characters.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The 3DS version really is meant to be played in the bathroom ;)

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, Smashers, we accomplished something today. We finally exposed more of Samus's skin in official material. Great, that's progress. But we gotta keep working! Birthday Suit Samus is not too far away!

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting Peach from Super Mario Strikers (not Mario Strikers Charged Football) for a long time.

Seeing today's image proves that they dare include these outfits. But i would rather have Peach than Samus midriff; Peach is cuter.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Isn't hot outfits for Teens generally? Mature is more into sex, drugs, profanity, nudity... this outfit isn't that and should be classified as Teen.

This is correct, right?

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Now let's get Ike in a Thong!

...or I call Sexism.

Great. Now I have to clean even more blood off the bed.

Anyways, it took Miiverse commenters about a few hours to realise Brinstar was on there. Welcome to the ultimate distraction. ZSS dittos. Everywhere.

I'm still hoping for that Ike alt

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Holy smokes, are you serious!? :0

I bet most, if not everyone, is gonna overreact when they see that...

And another Melee stage makes a return on the 3DS version.

Top Bottom