• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 19th

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
TV
well there was a swimsuit dlc in FE Awakening...
Imagine an outfit for Robin that put him/her in their Sorcerer swimsuit outfit that had Chrom in his swimsuit in the Final Smash (it would explain Nosferatu).

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
No, actually it is the perfect one. Tell me what the problem is with zero suit samus wearing this short outfit while people on beaches also wear bikini's, even topless etc. How can Samus be harmfull for kids while there's even more nude in reallife where kids are also seen?

this is just so ignorant...
You must've missed the last part where I AGREED with you on the fact that this outfit is NOT inappropriate for children. And yet I'm ignorant. :V

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
"Fanservice" yeah whatever stfu
I know it's the internet, complaining about everything is a trend and all but seriously people who claim this is fanservice is childish. I honestly don't see the problem at all neither I understand why people should care about it. It's just a canon and different outfit for another great nintendo character.

God I hate that word so much.
One could argue the original outfits were fanservice though. Especially since they were bonus stuff, something to excite the player and drive them to achieve.

I have no issue with fanservice though. Anyone -upset- that the creators are trying to appeal to fans are probably just upset that they weren't the fans they tried to cater to in this instance.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
H-HOT.. y'know, the lava in Brinstar is hot. I'm glad it's a returning stage!

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
And just what are those reasons?
When people get offended by a picture of a character in a bikini, and people say "kids go to the beach all the time", it's not usually just a girl in a bikini. It's usually a girl with a very large chest, in a very small bikini, in an, erm, alluring pose. Now, if it's just a NORMAL picture of a girl in a bikini, and she's just standing there or whatever, that shouldn't be a problem to anyone except super conservative people, or whatever.

And also, to clarify, I do not think this alt is inappropriate in the slightest.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
can we please enjoy zero suit samus with out anymore arguments on her sex appeal , she looks great and i can't wait to play as her. let's not have a repeat of the jet heels.
Prepare Yourself! It's April 8 all over again.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I AM DONE... WTF LOOOOOL. SAKURAI IS DEFINITELY ON SOMETHING! I mean... I dont mind it... but WTFFFFFFF HOW DID THIS EVEN GET IN????????

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
I don't see the problem. Sure, it's practically shameless fanservice for pervs, but it does actually appear in Zero Mission and I do appreciate callbacks to games.

And because this game is getting help from Namco, the same company that gives the big breasted Ivy outfits that gradually get more and more revealing every SC game (except for SCV), this shouldn't surprise me.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
"Oh no guys are expressing knee-jerk arousal of fictional skin in a controlled environment! Oh the humanity!"

Tumblr pls go
It's one thing to express attraction, it's another to get rapey. Not all of the "knee-jerk" arousal comments are offensive, but some of them are, hence the comments.

I don't see what's wrong with expressing dislike over said rapey comments either.

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
Woah! Holy wow! Bam! This changes everything....

because Brinstar is a returning stage! What, you thought I was a pervert? I-Idiot!

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
It's one thing to express attraction, it's another to get rapey. Not all of the "knee-jerk" arousal comments are offensive, but some of them are, hence the comments.

I don't see what's wrong with expressing dislike over said rapey comments either.
I didn't see a single "rapey" comment, but I wasn't referring to people complaining about those either.

And sure, people can complain about non-issues. I can call them an over-sensitive limp-wristed white knight for it too, though.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Meh, as a woman I'm not really upset about this. It just upsets me how the "radical" feminists on Tumblr are taking this, giving feminism a bad name. :<

what I would like to see though are shirtless alts for Link, Captain Falcon and Ike. DAYUM. We kinda do have one for Little Mac if it counts too (his FS)...

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
No, actually it is the perfect one. Tell me what the problem is with zero suit samus wearing this short outfit while people on beaches also wear bikini's, even topless etc. How can Samus be harmfull for kids while there's even more nude in reallife where kids are also seen?

this is just so ignorant...
One time i saw an old lady topless at the beach WORST IMAGE EVER! Good thing I wasn't wearing my glasses or else I would've seen her droopy bags in its HD horror

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Warning for Spam

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I still hope for Justin Bailey Suit recolor. But this is alright too.

What the devil is going on here? I thought people were going to be mature about this. We Have Giga Mac exposing a whole upper body, and male Wii Fit Trainer for the ladies. Not to mention Captain Falcon. XD

Oy, there Brinstar! Great to have you back! Was it Melee Brinstar or 64 Brinstar the one with flying Ridley in the background?

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Prepare yourselves, this hints at a shirtless Pikachu reveal coming soon. :troll:

But on a serious note, I've not played the series thoroughly enough to know where these suits came from, but hey, if it's in the game, I'm in support of the Metroid fanbase getting some credit in here. Also, Brinstar, hooray!

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
If I made a my little pony shirt and posted it on ebay would you guys buy it?

Brawlknight

Smash Rookie
Sexy samus just made the game for mature audiences lol so making the laser ggun look childish wwas all for nothing sakurai you troll

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Prepare yourselves, this hints at a shirtless Pikachu reveal coming soon. :troll:

But on a serious note, I've not played the series thoroughly enough to know where these suits came from, but hey, if it's in the game, I'm in support of the Metroid fanbase getting some credit in here. Also, Brinstar, hooray!
Isn't Pika already nude to begin with? If anything he should have some of those cosplays from OR/AS (although that would force a gender change, then again we already have that with the Miis, Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers and recently Robins).

Also 1 of my favorite Melee stages is back (right up there with Hyrule Temple (hopefully it's in the Wii U) and Corneria (which is all but replaced this time around).

Top Bottom