• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 5th

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
He's proud of his games, I don't blame the guy. Kid Icarus might not have been hi to begin with but he's made it what it is today and he rightfully takes pride in that. Of couse there are other series that need reps but humans are selfish in nature, that's not exactly a bad thing unless they decide to be super selfish, but he's going to mainly rep what hes proud of and enjoys himself while also thinking of the fans. Also... I doubt it'll be 1hit KO when your at )%, I've survived a Dragoon, it's hard but it's hard work at playing the game to do it and it's well worth it. That's all I'm trying to say pretty much.

And thank you xD @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER xD
No prob :p.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
He's proud of his games, I don't blame the guy. Kid Icarus might not have been hi to begin with but he's made it what it is today and he rightfully takes pride in that. Of couse there are other series that need reps but humans are selfish in nature, that's not exactly a bad thing unless they decide to be super selfish, but he's going to mainly rep what hes proud of and enjoys himself while also thinking of the fans. Also... I doubt it'll be 1hit KO when your at )%, I've survived a Dragoon, it's hard but it's hard work at playing the game to do it and it's well worth it. That's all I'm trying to say pretty much.

Can't reallly say anything about this other than true.If sakurai wants to represent kid icarus he should represent kid icarus.It's a great franchise even though it only has 3 games.Those 3 games are great.He can add what he wants.I just don't care about this item.I was hoping for a reset bomb to a item.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Can't reallly say anything about this other than true.If sakurai wants to represent kid icarus he should represent kid icarus.It's a great franchise even though it only has 3 games.Those 3 games are great.He can add what he wants.I just don't care about this item.I was hoping for a reset bomb to a item.
Who knows, we could still get one, I could see that.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Look I'm sorry but this is way too much KI content. People who haven't played it will be like WTF is (insert item here)

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Look I'm sorry but this is way too much KI content. People who haven't played it will be like WTF is (insert item here)
I sense a strategy here... maybe now they'll go any play it. Possibly an unintentional strategy, but it's Sakurai, so who knows.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
And the fact there's more KI content than Mario or even Kirby content bugs me.
Mario doesn't have much content that I could see in it to begin with. xD LOOOOVE Mario, but it's true. I do agree with the Kirby thing though but like I said, he'll represent whatever he wants to, how ever he wants to in his game and people will still buy it and enjoy it... So really, complaining is pointless xD

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
My guess is the design team is thinking of everything, but is only adding in items that they know for a fact would be fun.

And lets be honest here, Im a HUGE mario fan, but I dont see them adding much mario items unless that want to make a new model for each fighter for each power up... Because.. You know... mario is mostly power ups.

Last edited:

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Goddamnit I just want a Hades assist trophy.

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
I never managed to assemble Daybreak on KI:U, so I never got to see its design in a concrete fashion. Not bad, though I think it was much larger in the original game, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

el_profe

Smash Cadet
I'm excited about this, but I liked the Dragoon. It's fun to collect all of the pieces before your friends. It's like a mini, purposeful collectathon.

I didn't realize a PoTD could hurt so many feelings. Sure don't see the same level of face rain over all the Pokemon **** in the game. But okay. ITT people dislike KI:U saturation way more than Pokemon saturation.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Just beat uprising a couple days ago, nice to see more kid icarus content. I hope they could add more characters from that game, Magnus would be awesome!

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Huh, that's indeed a thing. A thing I didn't know existed,but a thing nonetheless.

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Not liking this at all. I hated the Dragoon item, it's the one item that I ALWAYS turn off when playing casually, a second one means another item to turn off, lovely.

Also, what the **** is up with so much Kid Icarus content in this game? Look, I understand Kid Icarus: Uprising was a unique game and Sakurai made it, but that doesn't mean you over represent it. I'm honestly surprised that Sakurai said Dedede was not added to Melee because he felt he was over representing the Kirby series when he does this in this game.
***** DID JEW PLAY KI:U? THAT GAME WAS THE BOOOMB.
Also it was like..screaming smash brothers.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Just sayin'. Seriously, is all anyone does here is complain? If you don't like it, don't. Buy. It. Have you seen how many Kirby items there are? Sakurai is going to represent his stuff how he wants, complaining changes nothing. Just enjoy what you have and stop being ungrateful children.
My thoughts exactly. Complaining does absolutely NOTHING. There are going to be items, stages, characters, music, ect in this game that you don't like but someone else will like. That's just how it is, you cannot please everyone fully.

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
The problem is that Kid icarus does not deserve more than one character at all with the current roster, but biased Sakurai is biased Sakurai.
It doesn't matter if a series has 1 game or 10, if the game itself has potential for great movesets, sakurai includes them. Ice climbers was in 1 game and they were put in, was this a bias too?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Why shouldn't an amazing franchise like KI be represented, especially after the success and critical acclaim of KI:U? Just because you think there's an over saturation of KI content doesn't mean your right, especially since there are individuals like myself who want to see more KI representation. Sakurai can't please everyone. There are going to be things in this latest version of Smash Bros. that you will dislike but your going to have to deal with cause it's in the game now. And for people who haven't played it, them wondering where this item came from will lead them to KI:U which in turn will drive more sales for a game that, in my opinion, deserves it.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It doesn't matter if a series has 1 game or 10, if the game itself has potential for great movesets, sakurai includes them. Ice climbers was in 1 game and they were put in, was this a bias too?
Actually yes- Sakurai loved Ice Climber

Uffe

Smash Hero
Not liking this at all. I hated the Dragoon item, it's the one item that I ALWAYS turn off when playing casually, a second one means another item to turn off, lovely.

Also, what the **** is up with so much Kid Icarus content in this game? Look, I understand Kid Icarus: Uprising was a unique game and Sakurai made it, but that doesn't mean you over represent it. I'm honestly surprised that Sakurai said Dedede was not added to Melee because he felt he was over representing the Kirby series when he does this in this game.
Mario is overrepresented when you think about it. While Jumpman/Mario starred in the game Donkey Kong, the two were pretty much put in other titles similar to that. Mario was then put in his own game called Mario Bros. Oh, hi, Luigi, who was probably around sometime already. Jumping ahead to Super Mario Bros., we see Princess Peach and Bowser. Go straight to Super Mario Land, and there we're introduced to a princess named Daisy.

Then there was Yoshi who came around in Super Mario World. He then had his own title Yoshi's Cookie, and then went on from there to having Yoshi's Island. There were probably some games in between at the time, but I'm not going to create a whole timeline for him. Somewhere along the way we got to see a character named Wario in the game Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. Then there was Super Mario Galaxy. Hi, Rosalina.

Even though all these characters I've mentioned have their own series, well, most of them anyway, they still branched off of a particular series, which is the Mario series. If anything, Mario characters are overrepresented. Play some Mario Kart or Mario Party. You'll still see most of these characters in a Mario game.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm not particularly a fan of the collectable items. Dragoon was routinely one of the few items I turned off altogether in Brawl, it got in the way of things. Like the Smash Ball, which I liked far more.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Take the Bazooka, and then combine it with Dragoon, and this is what you get. As an item i'm OK with it, though this will probably de-confirm the bazooka from brawl.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
And the fact there's more KI content than Mario or even Kirby content bugs me.
There is a decent amount of Kirby content in the game, but that isn't my primary concern. I have done a bit of research to see if the kid icarus series has more content than the mario series.

The Kid Icarus Series so far has a total of 2 characters, 2 stages, 6 items, 2 assist trophies, and 16 smash run enemies.
The Mario Series has a total of 5 characters, 6 stages, 6 new items, 13 returning items(19 items total), 3 assist trophies, and 11 smash run enemies.

While Kid Icarus has more smash run content, Mario beats the series in everything else content wise. This is proof that Kid Icarus is DEFINITELY not being over represented and is actually getting a rather fair treatment. Now everybody can hopefully calm down a little bit.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Aww, I thought Sakurai was gonna show Ganondorf.
DIRECT-ly [DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA] to us.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
There is a decent amount of Kirby content in the game, but that isn't my primary concern. I have done a bit of research to see if the kid icarus series has more content than the mario series.

The Kid Icarus Series so far has a total of 2 characters, 2 stages, 6 items, 2 assist trophies, and 16 smash run enemies.
The Mario Series has a total of 5 characters, 6 stages, 6 new items, 13 returning items(19 items total), 3 assist trophies, and 11 smash run enemies.

While Kid Icarus has more smash run content, Mario beats the series in everything else content wise. This is proof that Kid Icarus is DEFINITELY not being over represented and is actually getting a rather fair treatment. Now everybody can hopefully calm down a little bit.
You forget though- Mario IS Nintendo. He's been around over 30 years. Kid Icarus Uprising, the game everything is based on that reps Kid Icarus, is one game that came out two years ago. These are no way comparable.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
You forget though- Mario IS Nintendo. He's been around over 30 years. Kid Icarus Uprising, the game everything is based on that reps Kid Icarus, is one game that came out two years ago. These are no way comparable.
That is no excuse. Kid Icarus may have one game it is specifically repping from but that really isn't the point of the matter here. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other won't. The fact that Kid Icarus is even getting rep this time around is a good thing. Its a great series that is getting even further recognition and as a result a greater revival.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today is the PotD that draws worse reactions out of Smashboards than it does out of Miiverse. I thought we were supposed to be the classy Smash community.

The only thing that could possibly make you guys react in a more rage filled/whiny fashion is if Sakurai put up a PotD of an airdodging character near the floor, and said "lol wavedashing is gone cus its dumb".

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm fine with KI getting a bunch of representation, since it is a good series, but I just hope there will be more franchises getting similar treatment. Smash Run enemies I'm fine with, but I want to see items, NEW stages, assists, and characters from some of our other beloved franchises.

While there are franchises that we really can't get content from (like a FE item or an F-Zero smash run enemy), I'm hoping to see more content from series like Kirby, DK, Metroid, Star Fox, and Earthbound.

Top Bottom