• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 7th

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Ok so I was looking at the second image:

and I noticed that the background of the top screen shows fighter silhouettes, like Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer. What bothers me though.....is the silhouette just above the "G" on the bottom corner. Speculation?

jigglover

Smash Lord
o_O Wow. To basically deconfirm Tingle like that. He was an AT in Brawl... It looks like he's getting relegated to trophy-only status...

I guess you won't have to throw Trophy Stand Frisbees at the Smash Run enemies to get their trophies this time, thank goodness.

and I noticed that the background of the top screen shows fighter silhouettes, like Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer. What bothers me though.....is the silhouette just above the "G" on the bottom corner. Speculation?
It's Sonic, I do suspect.

Last edited:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Well this is cool! Thanks for all the trophies Mash Potato Samurai!

jigglover

Smash Lord

That's Sonic, I just zoomed in as I'm on my iPad and it is clearly Sonic in a running position when zoomed in more. You're right, though, it's not very clear.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I guess you won't have to throw Trophy Stand Frisbees at the Smash Run enemies to get their trophies this time, thank goodness.

It's Sonic, I do suspect.
AH I see it now. Thank you

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
o_O Wow. To basically deconfirm Tingle like that. He was an AT in Brawl... It looks like he's getting relegated to trophy-only status...
Tingle was an assist trophy in the demo, he was deconfirmed a while ago

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice

You're right. Rosalina and Luma on the bottom left with Greninja.

The one you mention seems to be Sonic.

What about the one on top of the Phantom? The one sitting on the right is Villager, but on its left?

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord

WAIT

FARTHEST ONE TO THE RIGHT BY PHANTOM'S HEAD. THAT IS NESS.

Strange, because those silhouettes are of the fighters themselves (notice Peach in the bottom left corner) as opposed to their franchises but that is undoubtedly NESS!!!

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
WAIT

FARTHEST ONE TO THE RIGHT BY PHANTOM'S HEAD. THAT IS NESS.

Strange, because those silhouettes are of the fighters themselves (notice Peach in the bottom left corner) as opposed to their franchises but that is undoubtedly NESS!!!
Lol that's Villager.

Sorry bro.

Zero Suit and Yoshi
Good eye, sir. How about the ones next to "Unlocked"? Bowser and...?

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
You're right. Rosalina and Luma on the bottom left with Greninja.

The one you mention seems to be Sonic.

What about the one on top of the Phantom? The one sitting on the right is Villager, but on its left?
Oh LMAO I didn't see the Luma there. I wasn't sure if it was Peach or Rosalina. Now I know :p

Lol that's Villager.

Sorry bro.
Oh GDI. I guess you make things into what you want them to be when you're hopeful. I can see that it is clearly Villager now though ;O;

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Lol that's Villager.

Sorry bro.

Good eye, sir. How about the ones next to "Unlocked"? Bowser and...?
Hmm, I think that's Little Mac, unless it is an unrevealed character

Last edited:

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I would love it if the Melee trophies returned, I love the slightly better than N64 look that they had. Plus many characters like Pit and Meta Knight were first rendered as 3d models for the Melee trophies. It would be really cool to get some of those back unchanged, especially if were going to have 600+ trophies in the game.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
"OK, I give up. Sorry about all of the trouble. I'll go quietly..."

"I don't trust you Wily! I'm gonna do what I should have done years ago!"

"You forget, Megaman. Robots cannot harm humans..."

"I am more than a robot!! Die Wily!!

And this is one reason why the Megaman series is awesome.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
*2nd Picture*
Shut up & take my coins.

But really thank you, a simple common vendor of going to a vault, press-select option, & going in to simply buy trophies. Thank you

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
being able to buy the trophies is gonna kill the time of collecting. Dunno if that is a good or a bad thing... Anyways, I hope there's a different collection available every day and not just all the trophies every day.

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
seriously whats with people constantly complaining about pics of the day? other than stage reveals, what are they even expecting? i doubt sakurai would reveal anything like a character in just the pic of the day. get over it, this is actually a pretty neat detail.

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
The buying system sounds really good but i have the feeling it will take away the surprise factor melter and brawls trophies had.
Not knowing what the trophies were going to be was one of the best parts of the trophies for me.
Other than that, keep up the good work Mashed-potato Samurai!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
His model looks kind of sunk into the trophy base somewhat. And is that Ness I spy in the second pic? Wait, no, that's Villager. :(

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
"OK, I give up. Sorry about all of the trouble. I'll go quietly..."

"I don't trust you Wily! I'm gonna do what I should have done years ago!"

"You forget, Megaman. Robots cannot harm humans..."

"I am more than a robot!! Die Wily!!

And this is one reason why the Megaman series is awesome.
I know man i thought for second oh my god did he just reprogram his own code!?

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
A definite upgrade of the Coin Launcher from Brawl. Hopefully the game will actively try to offer you trophies you don't have instead of spamming duplicates.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, that makes collecting every trophy in the game a lot easier now. Gotta get me all, right? xD

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Actually, they're bought with the in-game Smash Coins. As you see, trophies are priced at 300, so if they were to use Play Coins, you'd have to reach the maximum and spend it all on one! :p

EDIT: Although there IS an option to buy Smash Coins with Play Coins.
EDIT: I'm blind. I see the option now. Forgive my insolence.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Just a trophy shop? Awww, I was hoping for another minigame like in Brawl. I enjoyed that one. D:

I hope it doesn't become too easy to obtain all the trophies. Hopefully there's a selection of trophies that can't be obtained through buying them

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I love how people think the silhouettes in the background of the second screenshot's top screen have yet-to-be-revealed characters. They're all characters we know are in so far, really need to stop misleading one another by jumping the gun on things like this.

I did think the one to the top far right was Ness for a second, but I realized it was just Villager by checking it out closely before blurting possibly incorrect things out like some have already.

That aside though, I'm loving the shop's addition. I never bothered with Melee or Brawl's trophy collecting because of the huge amount of them there are, and how long it takes to get them. Being able to outright buy them as well as obtaining them through other means might give me more of an incentive to actually collect more of them, and maybe even all of them.

Last edited:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I collected every idol in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Can't wait to collect every trophy in this game!

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
THIS is the image for Dr WIly they decide to use?
Is this peculiar to anyone? To me it certainy seems to indicate he has at least one other trophy, if not an Assist Trophy in him.
I would not be able to handle this disrespect as to only show him in such an inferior position. This is a Japanese made game.

Wily does this a lot, how is this strange?
And yeah, its Japanese. What does that have to do with it?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
This will make collecting trophies even easier and we finally get to put those coins to good use, since they were all but useless in the past 2 Smash games.

Also that Dr. Wily trophy pose, hilariously epic & awesome, that's right bow down and surrender to Smash Bros (that's seems to be what he's doing), because they got Megaman right unlike Capcom.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This is awesome! I love the use of play coins for these, though 300 is a bit pricey. I guess it encourages you to find the trophy through normal means.

I wonder if there will be a shop in the Wii U version, and what currency that'll use?

Also, that Wily pose is awesome. They sure are putting a LOT of detail into the extras!

Top Bottom