• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 10th Part 2

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Fox disappears ....Year 2014: Miis arrive The reign of Fox 20XX ends... Year 2015: Nintendo Characters at the brink of extinction (Nobody Plays them) Year 2XXX: Attack on Mii begins...

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Fox disappears ....Year 2014: Miis arrive The reign of Fox 20XX ends... Year 2015: Nintendo Characters at the brink of extinction (Nobody Plays them) Year 2XXX: Attack on Mii begins...
LMFAO! Sadly enough, Mii's are more then likely to show their ugly mug on EVERY youtube video concerning smash 4 once both versions are out as people will make "Thor vs Loki in smash 4" or "PEWDIEPIE VS iJUSTINE in smash 4" vids thus no one will give a sh*t about most of the other characters no matter how cool they are :/

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
... This is even more insulting than wii fit trainer. I'm seriously pissed.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Sooo guys how bout that Palutena babe ehh? Another female fighter is always welcome, but ehh I think I would have appreciated it more if Mii wasn't announced at all!
... This is even more insulting than wii fit trainer. I'm seriously pissed.
Man so many people agree mii should've just been three more new or returning characters
Agreed also how bout pit clone tease
I didn't know there was a character limit
Sakurai Obviously is going over a thousand so uh yeah there's gonna be one

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, considering the nature of the Miis and the mechanics(customizable specials), they will be banned swiftly. :(
Lets see it from another perspective. They are partially customizable, for that reason, we may be able to create even more balanced characters from Miis than the standard characters. At the end this process may would take years, but the correct way to include Miis to competive play is creating an standard list of Miis that are allowed to be used in tournaments.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
lol@ all the Mii salt, they're important parts of nintendo's history and important characters. And no, we will not see all of those "celebrity vs. celebrity" all the time, probably the first two days and then people will stop, why are you guys so salty?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
No doubt all the competitive players have memorized all the moves from all the characters already whats the problem with 36 more(not including normal attacks).

Depending on how balanced the mii's are I'm all for letting them being in tournament.

Why are people saying 3 slots lost? This could have been 3 slots less than what could have been in the game. Take it as icing on the cake and not the filling.

How to have Mii's in tournament.

The default Mii provided by the game(if there is one) must be used.

The opponent gets to see what the Miii's special moves are going to be before the user can play that mii.

MDaddy

Smash Rookie
So much butthurt grow up guys. As if the Nintendo characters don't look like Disney characters in comparison to Master Chief, Kratos, Dante, or Tommy Versetti. I am really excited for this the customization abilities seem sick!!! Bravo Nintendo! I am even hype about the little toy dudes because I'm not some broke whiney punk without a job. I'll buy a falco figure for $20 in a heartbeat dude IDGAF!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
My thoughts exactly off all the potiental and so many Nintendo Franchise characters you put a character that isn't fitted for a game like this i mean i can think a 100 characters better mii but damn i mean sakurai are you either trolling and saying yes i destroyed everyones dream right here and now and no i don't give a damn or are really just say psyche the roster is far from finish
Do you come from a planet where there is no such thing as periods?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
lol@ all the Mii salt, they're important parts of nintendo's history and important characters. And no, we will not see all of those "celebrity vs. celebrity" all the time, probably the first two days and then people will stop, why are you guys so salty?
Important part? are you kidding me? it's like saying F zeros captian falcon wasn't an important part or even mario himself Miis were introduce on wii as form of a avatar not a game changing franchise character

Do you come from a planet where there is no such thing as periods?
i come from the planet "idc its the internet"

Last edited:

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Why all the hate for Miis?

"Mii's will be banned from competitve play"
Uh, the game hasn't been released. Every character has customizable specials, will they all be banned?

"Mii's are wasting a spot on the roster"
I hated the idea, but the way they implemented it feels ok, I am warming up to the idea. Granted, this is an opinion, but they seem like a pretty cool idea.

"Smash bros is dead cuz they wasted 3 spots on Mii's"
Give me a break. You think that because of not having 3 characters, Smash 4 won't sell well, won't be competitive, won't have be hype at all, the game is ruined, etc? Why the doom and gloom. Even if Smash 4 is an abomination, Brawl pulled through (no offense intended, but Brawl is everything that Melee wasn't, so it had the odds stacked against it, aside from being the new game).

"They don't fit in a fighting game"
What does that even mean? You do realize these are cartoony Nintendo characters, right? None of them fit in a fighting game (well, Snake, but you get the idea). They are all really cartoony and meant for kids.

I for one am choosing to be optimistic about Smash 4. I am trying not to whine and complain that this character or that character isn't in it, this technique or that technique won't be there, etc. Smash 4 will be fun to play regardless whether I can play as Ridley or Geno or Pacman. The fact that so many people are supposedly giving up on this game because of 3 characters is baffling to me. It makes me call into question just how devoted to Smash you really are. I have been playing smash almost my whole life (i remember when my cousins brought it to my grandma's house and they told me "jump using the c button" and I couldn't figure out how cuz I had never called it the c button). For real though, get a grip. One or 2 characters not being there will not make or break the game. So far everything seems to be good about it (a bit of unccertainty with custom movesets though). Everybody will get over it after the invitational and we see how competitive this game really is.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Lets see it from another perspective. They are partially customizable, for that reason, we may be able to create even more balanced characters from Miis than the standard characters. At the end this process may would take years, but the correct way to include Miis to competive play is creating an standard list of Miis that are allowed to be used in tournaments.
The problem comes with transferring those Miis and mass producing them.
If they cannot be mass produced easily and hassle free across everyone who has the game, the will sadly be banned post haste, because characters with limited availability such as console exclusive characters(Link, Heihachi, Spawn in SC2, Evil Ryu in CVS2 for some examples) will get banned from tournaments without question. Not to mention with how ban happy certain community members are......

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I am disappointed in many of you. The Miis in no way ruined smash.They will be a unique and fun playstyle, allowing for a great deal more fun to be had.

Get over yourselves and have fun with it!

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Just throwing it out there that the Sal/Gematsu leak has yet to be disproved. I'm just waiting for the Chorus Kids to be revealed. After the fits of rage I have seen many people display today I can only assume that the level of salt will be through the freaking roof when they are revealed.

Not that I am a major supporter of the leak or anything. Mostly impartial. I just think it would be kinda funny.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Why all the hate for Miis?

"Mii's will be banned from competitve play"
Uh, the game hasn't been released. Every character has customizable specials, will they all be banned?

"Mii's are wasting a spot on the roster"
I hated the idea, but the way they implemented it feels ok, I am warming up to the idea. Granted, this is an opinion, but they seem like a pretty cool idea.

"Smash bros is dead cuz they wasted 3 spots on Mii's"
Give me a break. You think that because of not having 3 characters, Smash 4 won't sell well, won't be competitive, won't have be hype at all, the game is ruined, etc? Why the doom and gloom. Even if Smash 4 is an abomination, Brawl pulled through (no offense intended, but Brawl is everything that Melee wasn't, so it had the odds stacked against it, aside from being the new game).

"They don't fit in a fighting game"
What does that even mean? You do realize these are cartoony Nintendo characters, right? None of them fit in a fighting game (well, Snake, but you get the idea). They are all really cartoony and meant for kids.

I for one am choosing to be optimistic about Smash 4. I am trying not to whine and complain that this character or that character isn't in it, this technique or that technique won't be there, etc. Smash 4 will be fun to play regardless whether I can play as Ridley or Geno or Pacman. The fact that so many people are supposedly giving up on this game because of 3 characters is baffling to me. It makes me call into question just how devoted to Smash you really are. I have been playing smash almost my whole life (i remember when my cousins brought it to my grandma's house and they told me "jump using the c button" and I couldn't figure out how cuz I had never called it the c button). For real though, get a grip. One or 2 characters not being there will not make or break the game. So far everything seems to be good about it (a bit of unccertainty with custom movesets though). Everybody will get over it after the invitational and we see how competitive this game really is.
Good for you half the people agree though that miis we're not necessary for a game like smash they really weren't

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Good god the butt hurt!!!

I think the Miis are neat.

And I hope Captain Falcon stays out. He makes no sense in a fighting game. How is this guy that never fights in his games so good at it? And what is a Falcon Punch? They just made that poop up. Are all NASCAR drivers masters of the knee of justice? Get over yourselves.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm happy to see Miis in smash, but I am disappointed that there are 3 different Mii characters. That's seriously a lot. People complain enough about smash clones as it is.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I'm happy to see Miis in smash, but I am disappointed that there are 3 different Mii characters. That's seriously a lot. People complain enough about smash clones as it is.
I'm not sure how you get "clone" from three different characters with different weapons and customizable movesets.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
I hated how the idea of the Miis were presented. "Look! You can now play any character you want! Even a celebrity! Isn't that hilarious?" Yeah, sure, it's gonna be funny... for a few hours...

In the end, we will be left with three extremely bland and creatively similar characters. This is like triple landmaster, except applied on characters rather than simple final smashes...

Maybe they will grow on me, but they definitely have some way to go...

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Important part? are you kidding me? it's like saying F zeros captian falcon wasn't an important part or even mario himself Miis were introduce on wii as form of a avatar not a game changing franchise character

i come from the planet "idc its the internet"

There's such a thing as professionalism. You can justify speaking in broken English all you want with "it's the internet," but it doesn't make you look any less bad for doing it. Punctuation isn't that difficult and writing like that makes it hard to take you seriously because it makes it seem like you don't grasp the fundamentals of the language.

PaperX

Smash Cadet
This reveal as generated more tears in 2 hours than the Greninja reveal did in 2 months.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Good god the butt hurt!!!

I think the Miis are neat.

And I hope Captain Falcon stays out. He makes no sense in a fighting game. How is this guy that never fights in his games so good at it? And what is a Falcon Punch? They just made that poop up. Are all NASCAR drivers masters of the knee of justice? Get over yourselves.

I'm just saying with so many potiental Nintendo characters at the heart of the nintendo
we get a character that's avatar and simple designed to take the place of many hell i be happy with even tingle and i sayed he was annoying

There's such a thing as professionalism. You can justify speaking in broken English all you want with "it's the internet," but it doesn't make you look any less bad for doing it. Punctuation isn't that difficult and writing like that makes it hard to take you seriously because it makes it seem like you don't grasp the fundamentals of the language.
Oh well don't care

Last edited:

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I didn't care much about the miis before, but after seeing them implemented. Yes there will be a lot of stupid ones, but I liked the gameplay video of them. It was smooth and they don't just copy a move set. Also I didn't think they took up 3 spaces (could be wrong), but rather you make one then select them and scroll through, change costumes, until you find it.

I like chrono trigger and now I could make frog or robo, heck maybe everyone depending on the given options! (Still hoping for Crono though)

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I mean, nobody said anything about a character limit. Obviously we can't have infinite characters, but for all we know there could be twice as many as we have seen so far.

I'm just saying it's way too early and we know way too little for people to be getting so salty about this of all things. We've been catered to so much and shown so much beauty from Sm4sh already, we don't need this one thing that we know very little about and for all we know could be cool as hell to be blown out of proportions before anyone even touches the game.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
The Miis will NOT take up 3 slots in the roster. You will be able to select one of your Miis, and give them each a moveset. I'd imagine it would be similar to the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl (as selection goes). I still don't think that these guys will be used in For Glory mode.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The Miis will NOT take up 3 slots in the roster. You will be able to select one of your Miis, and give them each a moveset. I'd imagine it would be similar to the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl (as selection goes). I still don't think that these guys will be used in For Glory mode.
But there still Technically "3" new fighters

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Whether they're banned or not (I'm kind of hoping they will be, but I'm willing to see how it plays out), I definitely think an all-mii side event would add some flair to a tournament.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I dig. These are three distinct archetypes that take multiple forms in other represented characters.

Brawler = Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Little Mac, etc.
Swordsman = Link, Toon Link, Marth, Ike, Pit, etc.
Gunner = Samus, Mega Man, Fox, etc.

Makes enough sense. With 36 specials to choose from in customizing your Mii, that's quite the variety. I enjoy this level of customization and welcome it warmly.

Seriously... did any of you think that Miis actually didn't have a chance?
Swordsman looks like they got counter. xD

pickle962

Smash Lord
Let's face it guys! Mii's delayed the 3ds version of smash! (someone should make a meme about that by the way)

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
I'd still play Mii. But what if someone finds a combination or a moveset for the Miis to where Melee Fox TAS level could get destroyed? "Please Understand" No one really knows but i don't see them as playable in some big tournament like EVO. Just my opinion really.

Top Bottom