• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 3rd

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Ah! You got the order wrong, shame on you!
:mario64::dk64::link64::samus64:
:yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64:
(if I ****ed this up from my memory, I will feel baaaad)

Otherwise, yesh, this has to be done
I wasn't trying to go in order... but it does look nicer. Shame on me indeed!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Sakurai You always have a very delectable choice of menus and you show your humour a lot and even though The Fanbase whines and complains a lot we still Ruv You :gova:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm not the only one sad about the loss of a Story mode. I know people dislike SSE but I LOVED IT. I loved having a single player experience where I could explore and fight with a cast of Nintendo friends, joining together, to kick ***. Than the cutscenes... and I actually LIKED the maze. Like I am one of the few people who really loved SSE.

Everything is multiplayer in the new game and as an adult who finds it hard to gather other working adult friends together I don't see myself getting a lot of use of all the other modes. Like that party board game thing. Wish I had some aspect of smash I could've played a lone. I am so bummed out about a lack of an adventure mode.

I'm contemplating whether I really want the Wii U version. I enjoy for glory matches as is on the 3DS version. The controls aren't my preferred option but I'm getting used to it... and I already have things like homerun and target smash or whatever.... can't say I even play these modes much.

Maybe I'll wait for Captain Toad instead.
Smash has ALWAYS been a multiplayer experience, even with SSE in Brawl. If you're trying to find a solo experience, Smash Bros. is not the series for you.
Real talk I'd rather have SSE 2 than like 95% of the single-player modes you said.
I'd rather have those modes than a single mode that won't even entertain me after beating it once.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I actually LIKE these menu PotDs... It's the thing you're going to see every time you boot up the game and as you're switching between modes... Basically you're going to be seeing them a lot. Having them right here on my computer captures the magic of the game more than a funny positioning of characters for me...

the8thark

Smash Lord
You're saying the menus were better mathematically?
I meant the menus were many times better than this SSB4 one. But I think if you looked at the placement of the buttons and other things they just fit better on the screen. The right amount if blank space around them etc etc.

The whole darker theme for the melee menu screen worked so much better. And having the images of what you selected on the right hand side of the menu screen was a nice touch.

Dude, they look nothing like the silhouettes in this game. I also doubt that Apple could trademark the uses of silhouettes.
Apple has trademarked a rectangle with round edges (in relation to the iPad). I would not be surprised at what Apple could get trademarked. This is a fault of the trademarking office though. They allow things to be trademarked that are much much too general to be trademarked.

And i think SSB 64's is better than all of them (especially the music), so to each their own.
But a cool bonus feature (that will most likely never happen) would be if you could unlock old school menu skins
from the previous games. You can already change the menu music, so changing the design as well could be kinda cool.
Well at least you and I both agree the SSB4 menu screen is not the best. The 64 one was pretty good to actually.

I second the idea for unlocking old game menu skins. This would be amazing.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Still waiting on that Duck Hunt trailer Sakurai. We know it exists for you did tease it a while back in one of the PotD's. Might as well show it off now that there's no more secrets to be kept hidden! ;)

SmashBoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
7hugtoadboo
The menu is pretty beautiful with this silhouettes in the background.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
"New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U info now available! Check it out!"

Really? I don't see it.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Don't worry, because a lot of these modes can be played single-player; Smash Tour, for example, can be played against computers.

As a consolation so SSE, there are plenty of opportunities to head-canon in these modes. Classic is now more open, pitting you with a rival, and watching other characters get taken off the board. The events seem more complex this time around. Then there's Master/Crazy Orders.
I would still prefer an adventure mode with story to be honest. I've never been into classic mode much. I'll beat it with one character and be good. I don't want to play the Smash Tour game at all. Just the rest doesn't appeal to me honestly. I'm not into Crazy orders and such cause it just seems like a bunch of special battles. I mean if I want to switch my fighting up I can always just go into special battles and mess with the settings... I dunno. The Wii version as far as modes just isn't appealing to me. Smash Run actually seems like a better mode than Smash Tour.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Smash has ALWAYS been a multiplayer experience, even with SSE in Brawl. If you're trying to find a solo experience, Smash Bros. is not the series for you.

I'd rather have those modes than a single mode that won't even entertain me after beating it once.
I know this but again we got SSE which was a great game to play alone just fine. This time around we got nothing like that so yeah. Just miss that. I think that's a valid thing to miss and yes this game MAY not be for me which is exactly the concern I was sharing. So I think all this is further convincing that I should skip it.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
After seeing the 50 facts extravaganza, I honestly don't expect anything new or epic out of the PoTD.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I would still prefer an adventure mode with story to be honest. I've never been into classic mode much. I'll beat it with one character and be good. I don't want to play the Smash Tour game at all. Just the rest doesn't appeal to me honestly. I'm not into Crazy orders and such cause it just seems like a bunch of special battles. I mean if I want to switch my fighting up I can always just go into special battles and mess with the settings... I dunno. The Wii version as far as modes just isn't appealing to me. Smash Run actually seems like a better mode than Smash Tour.
Why not both?

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I know this but again we got SSE which was a great game to play alone just fine. This time around we got nothing like that so yeah. Just miss that. I think that's a valid thing to miss and yes this game MAY not be for me which is exactly the concern I was sharing. So I think all this is further convincing that I should skip it.
If anything, SSE is more boring alone. The scenery is dull and generic, the story is somewhat confusing, the gameplay is repetitive, and the cutscenes are hardly memorable.

I'm not trying to convince you to buy this game. If anything, I'm advising you to skip it, because this game has the opposite of what you are looking for.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
If anything, SSE is more boring alone. The scenery is dull and generic, the story is somewhat confusing, the gameplay is repetitive, and the cutscenes are hardly memorable.

I'm not trying to convince you to buy this game. If anything, I'm advising you to skip it, because this game has the opposite of what you are looking for.
Yeah I know that folks don't like SSE but I enjoyed it A LOT. I disagree A LOT about the cutscenes. It was fun for me. The Maze portion reminded me of Kirby's Amazing Mirror which is another game I loved.

So yeah, I'm skipping Smash Wii U unless there's something else of worth in terms of modes. At this time, there is not.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Yeah I know that folks don't like SSE but I enjoyed it A LOT. I disagree A LOT about the cutscenes. It was fun for me. The Maze portion reminded me of Kirby's Amazing Mirror which is another game I loved.

So yeah, I'm skipping Smash Wii U unless there's something else of worth in terms of modes. At this time, there is not.
Okay.

Bilbao

Smash Rookie
NNID
sebastian.bilbao
3DS FC
2122-6607-0665
The big question is , will it be able to move whit the c stick ?

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
This game is looking great the HD is too great. Can't wait to get my hands on it once I actually get the Wii U for the holidays. As well as the adapter can't play with a Wii remote GameCube controllers all day.

Top Bottom