• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 6th

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
This is exciting. Mostly for the fans of the Yoshi's Story series, such as myself. Can't wait to see it in action!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
That rocket looks like a penis.
It's a rocket. They share a basic shape similarity. It doesn't make the rocket obscene.

The thought never crossed my mind until you mentioned that, though. It's one of those things that your mind will only see if your mind wants to see it. My mind's not in the gutter, so I didn't even notice. To me, there isn't even anything to notice.

Sometimes a rocket is just a rocket.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I absolutely LOVE this Yoshi's Wooly World stage! <3 :happysheep:

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
People are still complaining about stages... we have battlefield, skyloft, lylat cruise, town & city, castle siege, and fd already. That's the same amount as melee and with more variety in layouts. Sakurai will give us a proper set of non-janky stages. Stop complaining about it on anonymous forums because it really isn't a problem.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
if there are omega versions of each stage, can alpha stages be created? Basically a final destination version, but with platforms. So they can be used in tournaments and in for glory online?
Love this.
I have been thinking a lot about alpha versions that involve stages without hazards, making stages like Warioware, Magicant, and Find Mii viable options. I doubt that it will happen (I'm pretty sure Sakurai said something about not wanting to give an option of removing hazards) but it would be awesome nonetheless.

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
Why is everyone crying about walk offs? Not only is there an omega form for everthing. The Stage builder looks like you can make anything you could ever want.
Welcome to Smashboards, where everyone complains about everything xD

This stage looks cool, I'm not interested in that Yoshi game at all but /shrug

And who is complaining about no Tropical Freeze stage!? Jungle Hijinx and Congo Jungle returning...gtfo! xD

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
We want platforms and no walk offs
You say "we" as if everyone wants it. I could personally care less. This is coming from someone who actually played Melee / still plays Project M and respects / understands the competitive values of platforms / no walk offs. This issue is already addressed through the greatly modified stage builder. So yeah, there is really no reason to complain. At all.

If something like this is an issue to anyone, you might as well stick to playing Melee and Project M.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Oh great, more walk-offs.
Yeah, let's complain about it, totally.
It's a rocket. They share a basic shape similarity. It doesn't make the rocket obscene.

The thought never crossed my mind until you mentioned that, though. It's one of those things that your mind will only see if your mind wants to see it. My mind's not in the gutter, so I didn't even notice. To me, there isn't even anything to notice.

Sometimes a rocket is just a rocket.
He didn't say it made the rocket obsene? He was only saying it looks like a penis?

Sometimes a comment in the PotD comment page is just a comment in the PotD comment page.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Really cool to have a stage from a game that's not even out yet, I gotta say.
K.K. Slider in Animal Crossing. Was in the game before he was even sitting on a crate playing K.K. Safari!

Who here is getting Woolly World?

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
So yoshi gets special treatment and gets a stage from a game that isn't out yet... why isn't there a tropical freeze stage.
There is a DKC stage based off returns which obviously similar to tropical freeze. I don't see why people are complaining here, atleast DKC got a cool new stage, people will complain about anything I swear...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
If :4yoshi: could get a new stage, then I hope :4falcon: can get a new stage on the Wii U version.
I notice some pattern here:
3DS has the crappy Brinstar and Wii U has Pyrosphere.
3DS got Mute City Wii U got Air Port Drive
3DS has Magicant Wii U has crappy Onett.
3DS has that Garbage Jungle Japes and Wii U has Jungle Hijynx.
See the pattern?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
There is a DKC stage based off returns which obviously similar to tropical freeze. I don't see why people are complaining here, atleast DKC got a cool new stage, people will complain about anything I swear...
Hopefully you can make jungle hijinx snowy, I want some HD snow and Snowmad music.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
I think I found a new favorite stage in the Wii U version! It looks so beautiful!

On another note, I doubt it would happen this late in development, but wouldn't it be awesome if there's a Splatoon themed stage?

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
You say "we" as if everyone wants it.
Lol this fallacy tells me that you're just looking for an argument. I do not say "we" as if everyone wants it; I say "we" to refer to a group of people that of which I am a part of, which just so happens to be the people that want to play on competition-legal stages that are not Final Destination. To our dismay, the 3DS version only had 2 of those said stages. I am afraid something similar will happen in the WiiU version.

This issue is already addressed through the greatly modified stage builder. So yeah, there is really no reason to complain. At all.

If something like this is an issue to anyone, you might as well stick to playing Melee and Project M.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe I have already brought this up with you: there are only around 5 stage themes in stage builder (which I hope will be expanded on). It will be sickening to see those same bland stage designs over and over, which is what happened in Brawl for me.

Also, don't act like you know people; it makes you look stupid. I am not a Melee elitist -- I have never owned the game.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I hope to see a Kirby: Rainbow Curse stage down the line :3

and a Yarn Yoshi alt. :0

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
I notice some pattern here:
3DS has the crappy Brinstar and Wii U has Pyrosphere.
3DS got Mute City Wii U got Air Port Drive
3DS has Magicant Wii U has crappy Onett.
3DS has that Garbage Jungle Japes and Wii U has Jungle Hijynx.
See the pattern?
Yeah, I noticed.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
This stage is banned until Yoshi's Wooly World has officially released, but don't worry I'm sure Mewtwo will be playable by the time that happens.:troll:
People are getting early copies...

isoldmyname

Smash Cadet
Aw man! Sweet!
Yoshi's Story was the first game I ever played; It's so nice that not only are we getting a spiritual sequel, but that sequel is getting a stage... wow. Just wow.
YESS.jpg

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
Lol this fallacy tells me that you're just looking for an argument. I do not say "we" as if everyone wants it; I say "we" to refer to a group of people that of which I am a part of, which just so happens to be the people that want to play on competition-legal stages that are not Final Destination. To our dismay, the 3DS version only had 2 of those said stages. I am afraid something similar will happen in the WiiU version.
Really!? I count at least 7 competition-appropriate stages in S43DS (addition to FD and omegas). At least 7. But in reality there are more like 12 good stages for competitive play.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Really!? I count at least 7 competition-appropriate stages in S43DS (addition to FD and omegas). At least 7. But in reality there are more like 12 good stages for competitive play.
Show me the list of competition-appropriate stages for 3DS that are not Final Destination (like I mentioned). The only two that come to my mind are Yoshi's Island and Battlefield.

The only other stages that I believe you might be referring to are Arena Ferox, Prism Tower, Rainbow Road, and Tomodachi Life. Still, I want to see what YOU mean.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
Show me the list of competition-appropriate stages for 3DS that are not Final Destination (like I mentioned). The only two that come to my mind are Yoshi's Island and Battlefield.

The only other stages that I believe you might be referring to are Arena Ferox, Prism Tower, Rainbow Road, and Tomodachi Life. Still, I want to see what YOU mean.
In addition to those you mention, I find Mute City, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Unova Pokemon League, 3D Land, Reset Bomb Forest and Paper Mario all quite appropriate for competitive play. If you include doubles, Corneria and Pac-Maze are worthy mentions.

Now, some of these I more strongly support than others (We all have our favorites). And a few borderline appropriate stages I leave unmentioned. I wish we had a few more good neutral stages, but overall I'm quite happy with the given diversity.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
cool stage... too bad it is a walk off so i'll probably have to go for the FD version

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
In addition to those you mention, I find Mute City, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Unova Pokemon League, 3D Land, Reset Bomb Forest and Paper Mario all quite appropriate for competitive play. If you include doubles, Corneria and Pac-Maze are worthy mentions.

Now, some of these I more strongly support than others (We all have our favorites). And a few borderline appropriate stages I leave unmentioned. I wish we had a few more good neutral stages, but overall I'm quite happy with the given diversity.
Unova is full of hazards from those terrible Dragon legendaries how could that be a competitive stage

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068

Fair enough. I disagree with you on a few of those stage choices (namely Unova and PacMaze) and Im iffy on a few (Paper Mario, etc.). Of course, stage legality is not entirely up to me; we'll just have to see.

Either way this goes, my point was that I tend to play on more neutral stages that are usually tournament legal (even wheb playing for fun), and when I see another that does not fit the bill, Im going to get discouraged. People that tell us to stop complaining when this is actually something important are just as annoying as those that complain over menu potds.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
Unova is full of hazards from those terrible Dragon legendaries how could that be a competitive stage
You seem to be operating on several common misconceptions. Firstly, the presence or lack of hazards does not solely determine how competitive a stage is. For example, I do not advocate the use of Mushroomy Kingdom, Golden Plains and Gaur Plain, despite that they are completely hazard free. Reversely, numerous stages with hazards have been staples of competitive play since Smash Bros. 64 (and every other Smash game). Some people don't like 'em - that is certainly their prerogative - but there is do denying that many, many, many high end, exciting and competitive matches have been played on such stages. Like it or not, they are a huge and memorable part of Smash history and will likely continue to be for years to come.

Secondly, Unova is certainly not "full of hazards." It has some significant hazards, yes, but the hazards aren't always on - in fact they are off much more time than they are on. The hazards have a very regular and predictable window - there's tons of warning for them and they have strong tells. When they do come, they are not too difficult to avoid and always affect less than half the playable area at a time. You can certainly be thrown/knocked into them, or be cornered into dealing with them, but that is part of the strategic and skill-based play and counter-play the stage offers. Yes, it can favor some characters over others, but that is the point of counter-picks. No stage is truly neutral (unless you are playing a mirror match) as there are always attributes that make a stage more favorable for one character over another. Again, this stage may be not your cup of tea, and that's good - it would be extremely boring if we all had the same likes and dislikes - but the stage is very playable at a competitive level, I assure you.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
He didn't say it made the rocket obsene? He was only saying it looks like a penis?

Sometimes a comment in the PotD comment page is just a comment in the PotD comment page.
The things that we say ought to have weight and meaning to them. To say that the rocket was overly phallic in nature is not only a expression of personal interpretation, but it is leading to a moral question. Ever seen the original cover of the Little Mermaid VHS tape? That's the America I grew up in.

I agree that these POTD threads are overly frivolous in general, but tossing that around that is either in really bad taste, or the person must have a strong conviction about what they are saying. You and I are talking past one another; we're speaking to opposite reasons for saying the same, dumb thing.

Top Bottom