• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 10th

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The Japanese demo uses those 5 characters only. I wouldn't say it's confirmed that the other demos will have these characters too, but it's highly probable that it will indeed be the case if you ask me. Don't see a reason for them to have different characters per demo.
That could be true. And @ LunarNinja LunarNinja I found the information from a Twitch Stream. Thanks for the info though.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
It makes me sad that he says stay tuned for more news.. I want to know when I can play this game, I have never had a chance to play it..
But I'm not angry though.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It makes me sad that he says stay tuned for more news.. I want to know when I can play this game, I have never had a chance to play it..
I have played the game before at the Best Buy Smash Fest event. I tried both Little Mac and Bowser.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
I have played the game before at the Best Buy Smash Fest event. I tried both Little Mac and Bowser.
I really want to play as little Mac!
but i guess that's not a big surprise to anyone here..^^

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh no. My life is ruined because I can't play this demo now.
not-happy-1.png
Get a grip, guys.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I really want to play as little Mac!
but i guess that's not a big surprise to anyone here..^^
Agreed. Though as a heads up, if nothing significant has changed between the Final Build and the Demo Build in Little Mac's case, Little Mac is about spacing and letting your attacks loose as fast as possible.

There seems to be a little bit of lag after releasing a hard hitting punch and you will have to memorize the spacing of Little Mac's attacks.

All in all, Little Mac is solid.

Quick Note: Don't underestimate his running speed.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Here's my take on all of this:
To the impatient, I understand where you're coming from. We're on a Smash site, talking about Smash, and finding everything out that's Smash-related. We even had to wait a whopping three years, and three months, since the first reveal at E3 2011. That's an agonizingly long time to wait for a game we already knew was going to be awesome. To top that off, we can finally play, and train, with the demo, and the more time we have before the full game, the better. It doesn't matter who the fighters are; it's SMASH.
And to the patient, many of us have had to go back to school, with the game being released on a Friday, and not Sunday, like it used to be. With all the commitments and stress we have going on, on a daily basis, we need this game, badly. There's nothing else we can possibly do, that can fill the pre-Smash void. I know it's not right to whine, complain, or get emotional, over just a video game. But there's a reason why this site's up. And there's another reason why Smashers, like me, sold all three of the previous Smash games, with a Wii, just to buy more 3DS games; Smash 3DS.
The 3DS is the single most amazing system I have ever played, and that comes from 27 years of gaming experience. And the reason is simple: I can play classic games, all the way back to PONG. When this game releases, I KNOW I'm going to be in gaming heaven, so much so, that this is going to be the very last full-release game that I will ever buy, ever again. That means I will still get the odd game on the eShop, but not 3DS games, or any other, on any other console.
THAT is how big this game is, to me. And THAT is why we are here. Because when you play a game with over 30 years of history and story, that's the very pinnacle of ALL video gaming.
This post isn't meant to be preachy, emotional, or philosophical, in any way, just a statement of the facts, regarding this game.
Thanks for reading.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Japanese demo uses those 5 characters only. I wouldn't say it's confirmed that the other demos will have these characters too, but it's highly probable that it will indeed be the case if you ask me. Don't see a reason for them to have different characters per demo.
The reasoning for only 5 characters likely has to do with memory usage, and the amount of time that it takes to download the demo; multiple downloads might result in a strain on the servers. The retail demos don't have that liability, which can explain why only the major gaming events get to try out more characters and stages.

Super Izzy

Smash Cadet
Wow...

****ING WOW SAKURAI!!!!

This is even worse than that close up of Luigi's nose we had for the 100th pic of the day and no I am NOT joking or trying to be witty!

Hackers, your mission should you choose to accept it is...ahh screw it! Picture of the Day will cease to be relevant by Friday anyway....*sigh*

Still, this is absolutely the worst picture of the day we have ever had!
You need to relax.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
You need to relax.
He's entitled to his own opinion just like anybody else is, I agree that this is the worst PoTD we've ever had. But it's not like we've gotten any stellar pics in like the last 2 months besides Shulks reveal and Meta Knight.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
He's entitled to his own opinion just like anybody else is, I agree that this is the worst PoTD we've ever had. But it's not like we've gotten any stellar pics in like the last 2 months besides Shulks reveal and Meta Knight.
Calling out to hackers to attack Sakurai and/or the game is not an opinion, it's a temper tantrum. I think 'You need to relax' was a more than appropriate response.

People need to stop viewing 'opinions' as a blanket allowing them to say what they want and still feel like they're in the right.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
The reasoning for only 5 characters likely has to do with memory usage, and the amount of time that it takes to download the demo; multiple downloads might result in a strain on the servers. The retail demos don't have that liability, which can explain why only the major gaming events get to try out more characters and stages.
Uh... Where'd that come from? I'm not questioning the small amount of characters nor the characters themselves. I was just informing Oracle_Summon that the Japanese demo contains those 5 characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man), and that while it's not confirmed by an official source or anything, the demos outside of Japan will most likely share the same characters from the Japanese demo, instead of, say, Fox instead of Pikachu, or Bowser instead of Villager, etc.

Last edited:

LunarNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ask Me First
Where did you get this information? Just curious.
The Japanese demo has these characters. And they're just a few of the characters that were confirmed back in 2013. So it wouldn't make sense for them to shuffle the characters since the demo is already released in Japan. It would take more time and resources to port new/more characters in.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
[quote="KenboCalrissian, post: 17523952, member: 219713"I ]Calling out to hackers to attack Sakurai and/or the game is not an opinion, it's a temper tantrum. I think 'You need to relax' was a more than appropriate response.

People need to stop viewing 'opinions' as a blanket allowing them to say what they want and still feel like they're in the right.[/quote]

I never even said that what he said about the hackers was an opinion, clearly I was suggesting that this being the worst PoTD was his opinion, which it is. He's entitled to say whatever he wants even if you don't agree with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol @ people getting annoyed/angry that a demo for a game developed in Japan is being released in Japan first.

If a person new to Smash was to look at these forum posts, they'd understandably assume that the Smash community is comprised of a bunch of 10 year old boys. Nice job everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is the first PoTD I'm upset about. I love Sakurai and I love the pics he's given us, but I can't say I'm too happy about this one. I understand he just basically confirmed a North American demo, and I'm extremely excited and thankful he's confirmed it, so it gives this pic worth, but aside from that, I'm sorta ticked off with Sakurai.
I understand his game was leaked, and that is reason enough to be mad. I mean, it's like if you poured yourself into making an amazing sculpture of something, and then someone stole it and presented it to a huge crowd and cameras. It's enough to make your blood boil. But, that doesn't mean you should punish everybody who saw it and, in this case, everybody who cares about the your work. It's like one of those mean teachers (and we've ALL had them, so don't act like you don't what the heck I'm talking about) who gives the entire class detention or silent lunch because one or two students acted up. It's unfair and pointless. If he's upset about the game being leaked, then he needs to find a way to punish the hackers alone or just come out and say it. I don't think we deserve this, nor does anyone else who merely saw the leak.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
This salt is too delicious, sucks to be you if you don't have a Japanese 3DS! As for me, I'm waiting for the game to come out on Wii U (where the real game is) so this just gives me what I want a little bit sooner.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Here's my take on all of this:
To the impatient, I understand where you're coming from. We're on a Smash site, talking about Smash, and finding everything out that's Smash-related. We even had to wait a whopping three years, and three months, since the first reveal at E3 2011. That's an agonizingly long time to wait for a game we already knew was going to be awesome. To top that off, we can finally play, and train, with the demo, and the more time we have before the full game, the better. It doesn't matter who the fighters are; it's SMASH.
And to the patient, many of us have had to go back to school, with the game being released on a Friday, and not Sunday, like it used to be. With all the commitments and stress we have going on, on a daily basis, we need this game, badly. There's nothing else we can possibly do, that can fill the pre-Smash void. I know it's not right to whine, complain, or get emotional, over just a video game. But there's a reason why this site's up. And there's another reason why Smashers, like me, sold all three of the previous Smash games, with a Wii, just to buy more 3DS games; Smash 3DS.
The 3DS is the single most amazing system I have ever played, and that comes from 27 years of gaming experience. And the reason is simple: I can play classic games, all the way back to PONG. When this game releases, I KNOW I'm going to be in gaming heaven, so much so, that this is going to be the very last full-release game that I will ever buy, ever again. That means I will still get the odd game on the eShop, but not 3DS games, or any other, on any other console.
THAT is how big this game is, to me. And THAT is why we are here. Because when you play a game with over 30 years of history and story, that's the very pinnacle of ALL video gaming.
This post isn't meant to be preachy, emotional, or philosophical, in any way, just a statement of the facts, regarding this game.
Thanks for reading.
You sold all three of your other Smash games? You're never going to buy another 3DS game again after this? That seems like radical decisions.

Oh no. My life is ruined because I can't play this demo now.
Get a grip, guys.
This wins best internets.

I can agree that this is probably the worst Pic of the Day we've had. One of them had to be, and this is just a picture of the menu and a tip.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I understand his game was leaked, and that is reason enough to be mad. I mean, it's like if you poured yourself into making an amazing sculpture of something, and then someone stole it and presented it to a huge crowd and cameras. It's enough to make your blood boil. But, that doesn't mean you should punish everybody who saw it and, in this case, everybody who cares about the your work. It's like one of those mean teachers (and we've ALL had them, so don't act like you don't what the heck I'm talking about) who gives the entire class detention or silent lunch because one or two students acted up. It's unfair and pointless. If he's upset about the game being leaked, then he needs to find a way to punish the hackers alone or just come out and say it. I don't think we deserve this, nor does anyone else who merely saw the leak.
The leak came from a Nintendo employee. Sakurai is not punishing North America for a leak committed by an employee of the company he works for - there's no business sense, let alone logical sense. Don't forget - the entire rest of the world does not have the demo yet. We have not been singled out over some petty feud.

Japan's earlier release date was confirmed well before the leak ever happened. It's a simple matter of profitability. A Japanese-written game already exists - to hold up its release until it's been translated to all other regions in the world would be leaving money on the table. There's nothing more to it than that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is the first PoTD I'm upset about. I love Sakurai and I love the pics he's given us, but I can't say I'm too happy about this one. I understand he just basically confirmed a North American demo, and I'm extremely excited and thankful he's confirmed it, so it gives this pic worth, but aside from that, I'm sorta ticked off with Sakurai.
What punishment are you even talking about? We've gotten constant new information for the past month (some of which confirms the leak) and the only reason why Sakurai hasn't provided the big reveals is because they for the most part either are unlockables, or because he might want us to experience it when we get the game.

If you are talking about the fact that he's saying "Hey Japanese audience, you can play a demo now. Rest of the world, we don't have your demo ready yet, so stay tuned!" in the pic of the day and proclaim it as "punishment", you're blowing it way out of proportion. Japan gets a demo first because the game is coming out in Japan first. Their first priority has been to get the Japanese version ready to launch, and they're working on the rest afterwards.

It's not an effort to punish us. It's simply how their business has been going for the past years in general. If Sakurai truly was mad about this, he would actively be removing content from the game or something to deconfirm the leaks. He didn't though, and none of us are suffering for that.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
ITT
Japan gets a demo before the US? Troll! Rage! Hate! Entitlement!!

My response
Umm...Japan gets the actual game before the US, too. And you all knew that. And have been ok with that. Like, chill?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The leak came from a Nintendo employee. Sakurai is not punishing North America for a leak committed by an employee of the company he works for - there's no business sense, let alone logical sense.

Japan's earlier release date was confirmed well before the leak ever happened. It's a simple matter of profitability. A Japanese-written game already exists - to hold up its release until it's been translated to all other regions in the world would be leaving money on the table. There's nothing more to it than that.

Don't forget - the entire rest of the world does not have the demo yet. We have not been singled out over some petty feud.
Ah. OK. I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'm wrong about that. I still think this might be he worst PoTD, but I'm no longer upset about and can appreciate it for what it is: a confirmation of a North America demo. Thanks again.
Oh, and not to start anything, but I don't think I said anything about release dates. I'm fine with Japan getting the game first. It's the norm, and plus we get to see all the characters before it comes to here, so I can at least have a taste of what I want my main to be. I apologize if I implied a release date complaint. I didn't mean to if I did.
What punishment are you even talking about? We've gotten constant new information for the past month (some of which confirms the leak) and the only reason why Sakurai hasn't provided the big reveals is because they for the most part either are unlockables, or because he might want us to experience it when we get the game.

If you are talking about the fact that he's saying "Hey Japanese audience, you can play a demo now. Rest of the world, we don't have your demo ready yet, so stay tuned!" in the pic of the day and proclaim it as "punishment", you're blowing it way out of proportion. Japan gets a demo first because the game is coming out in Japan first. Their first priority has been to get the Japanese version ready to launch, and they're working on the rest afterwards.

It's not an effort to punish us. It's simply how their business has been going for the past years in general. If Sakurai truly was mad about this, he would actively be removing content from the game or something to deconfirm the leaks. He didn't though, and none of us are suffering for that.
I was referring to the fact we got a relatively pointless PoTD, and like I said above, I didn't know everything I should have, and made several incorrect assumptions. My previous post can considered null. Anyways, also like I said above, I'm fine with Japan getting the demo/game before us, it's the norm and I'm fine with it.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
If you want news on alternate colors, go here!

http://imgur.com/a/vtRyf
Dude, there is sooo much I want to say about that! Let us know if a new thread pops up for it. Nice find!

Oh, and not to start anything, but I don't think I said anything about release dates. I'm fine with Japan getting the game first. It's the norm, and plus we get to see all the characters before it comes to here, so I can at least have a taste of what I want my main to be. I apologize if I implied a release date complaint. I didn't mean to if I did.
No worries! I've seen that argument made before alongside the "punishment" sentiment, so admittedly I assumed. Hope it didn't sound like I was yelling about it. It pains me to see people feeling punished by the staggered demo releases, and some have been more upset than others. It gets difficult to tell through text alone where one person stands when there are so many voices saying roughly similar things at different volumes.

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I don't know what everyone is so pissed about. He's all but confirmed that we're getting a demo as well. The Japanese demo came out 3 days before it's release over there. We might get the same amount of demo time. We might get it earlier who knows? The positive note there's a demo coming our way.

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
Oh look a pic of- WOAH! I just fell over! There was all these impatient tears of raging fangirls!

Skides

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skides
3DS FC
1289-8354-1948
You guys are clearly missing the meaning of the picture.

Smash Run: Participants and Prizes

Now take the first letters of that title and you get

SR : P&P

Another meaning of this would be

Small Rivalries in Pride & Prejudice

One small rivalry in Pride and Prejudice was of Lydia and her older sisters Lizzy and Jane. Even though she was the youngest, she wanted to prove that she was just as good as her other sisters. I won't tell more because some of you haven't read the novel.

Anyways, you are probably asking : How the heck is this related to Smash? Well the answer is simple, really. Lydia, Jane, and Lizzy were sisters, or SIBLINGS. Who else were siblings in Smash? Popo and Nana. Still don't know who the heck that is? Gtfo!

ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED FOR SMASH. SAKURAI IS A GENIUS WITH THESE PICS (I have too much time on my hands)
I cried reading this! XDXDXD

GazWithPie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gazwithpie
Were probably getting a demo when the american version is close to release.

Top Bottom