• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 3rd

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
uhh....heh.....
That's not Mewtwo/Ridley....^^;
What were you honestly expecting? I was thinking of them being more like secret characters.

Also, Dark Samus deconfirmed? HA! I laugh at her Assist Trophy!

Tiptup

Smash Cadet
I hope the koopaling rumour is true so i can constantly beat the crap out of that character every time i turn on the game. They ruined mario kart and i won't let them ruin smash!

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
so many colours but no actual alternate costumes for samus. how can a fan made hack do a better job with costumes then nintendo themselves
Because Nintendo has a lot of things to focus on like press and release dates while the only thing Fan made games ever need to focus on is fan service

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Not glad Dark Pit gets his own slot, whilst Dark Samus is an alternative costume. I mean come on Nintendo Metroid is one of your most iconic videogame series, how is it that all your other iconic series have at least 3 playable characters.

Edit: With the exception of Animal Crossing, but hey that has only just had a rep, whilst Samus has been around since the start.
Sakurai didn't develop the most popular samus game to date.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Really like this leaked roster with exception to one thing. Where is the new Zelda rep. Regardless wasn't Impa part of the leak or was that a separate one.
Seperate leak saying Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mach Rider, and Impa would be in.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Omg, I'm really hyped for this. I hope we get Dark Peach, Shadow Mario alt.! Also this Sakurai pls!

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
uhh....heh.....
That's not Mewtwo/Ridley....^^;
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. Sorry.

Nice colors on Samus' armor. The first 6 armors feel really familiar from the metroid series while complementing the sharper look of her armor, and the last 2, while familiar to players of the metroid series, will be a little bit refreshing for players new to samus or the smash bros. series. Looks really awesome so far.

Last edited:

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
That's your opinion, but that doesn't change anything. Also, look at what I mentioned earlier.
It's nobody's opinion. Leaks are not always reliable, and there's no way to confirm if any of it is actually true. I never said it was impossible, but DOUBTFUL that Ridley or Mewtwo would make it back to the series. Note that I said "probably not going to happen."

Analyze what you're saying before you jump down someone's throat kid. If you can find HARD evidence that proves the leaks to be reliable, maybe I'll be inclined to believe you.

Besides, this topic is about colors, maybe contribute to the discussion at hand?

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Every single one of those Samus colors are ****ing beautiful. Especially the Light Suit. And also the Dark Samus one. I just had a Metroidgasm.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Just give me Isaac already! And make his alt costumes older Isaac, Matthew, Felix, older Felix and put some other Earth adept in there as well for all I care.

Isaac for Smash 4!

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Seperate leak saying Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mach Rider, and Impa would be in.
Ah man I got to chose between either Chorus Men or Impa, when it comes to which leak I prefer. There has gotta be another Zelda rep in DLC, so I'm going to go with the first leak you posted.

Sakurai didn't develop the most popular samus game to date.
Good point!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
While these recolors are very nice and all, Sakurai missed a big opportunity to model Samus' genuine alternative suits from the Metroid series.

Metroid Prime 2 and Fusion in particular.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
DAT SAMUS COLORS OOOOOOOOOOOOOH AMAZING!!! I. AM. HYPED!! I need a new Avatar lol :p

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
It's nobody's opinion. Leaks are not always reliable, and there's no way to confirm if any of it is actually true. I never said it was impossible, but DOUBTFUL that Ridley or Mewtwo would make it back to the series. Note that I said "probably not going to happen."

Analyze what you're saying before you jump down someone's throat kid. If you can find HARD evidence that proves the leaks to be reliable, maybe I'll be inclined to believe you.

Besides, this topic is about colors, maybe contribute to the discussion at hand?
Kid? Sorry, outta high school, so I can't technically be classified as such. Also, the leak shown is related to the Roster/ESRB leak shown awhile back, which has proven itself over the past 2 weeks with gameplay footage and the fact that Shulk is the exact same as shown in the trailer. As for Mewtwo and Ridley, they are the most requested Veteran and Most Requested Newcomer, I doubt Sakurai would pass them by. If you were implying I have no idea what the hell I'm saying, you're rather wrong, as I do a LOT of research so I'm not just backing something that isn't credible/highly believable. Last thing, if you take note, they said 8 costumes for each character, Shulk would have 5 Monado Arts with Gaur Plains as his stage, Bowser Jr would fight in his clown car (shown in one of the leaked videos), etc. As for the colors, I'm curious and anxious to see what each character will have. Lucina could get her mask as an alt, Meta Knight can get Dark Meta Knight, Donkey Kong could get Funky Kong (which would make me laugh for hours), etc.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
*Spoiler alert for people who don't know the whole thing with the leaks* Wasn't this it? Because if so, then HYPE OVERLOAD!View attachment 23933
Guys, stop making the same mistake. This is not the original leak.

Here you have it. The Dixie / Mewtwo / Ridley is pure speculation, not included in the original leak,

http://i.imgur.com/EEMDHp8.jpg

If we are to believe that, the only thing to confirm now is the missing characters. Which won't be confirmed until launch.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Kid? Sorry, outta high school, so I can't technically be classified as such. Also, the leak shown is related to the Roster/ESRB leak shown awhile back, which has proven itself over the past 2 weeks with gameplay footage and the fact that Shulk is the exact same as shown in the trailer. As for Mewtwo and Ridley, they are the most requested Veteran and Most Requested Newcomer, I doubt Sakurai would pass them by. If you were implying I have no idea what the hell I'm saying, you're rather wrong, as I do a LOT of research so I'm not just backing something that isn't credible/highly believable. Last thing, if you take note, they said 8 costumes for each character, Shulk would have 5 Monado Arts with Gaur Plains as his stage, Bowser Jr would fight in his clown car (shown in one of the leaked videos), etc. As for the colors, I'm curious and anxious to see what each character will have. Lucina could get her mask as an alt, Meta Knight can get Dark Meta Knight, Donkey Kong could get Funky Kong (which would make me laugh for hours), etc.
This still isn't proof that Ridley or Mewtwo will exist in the title.

Most requested characters in the series? Ok, well that's fine. Wouldn't be the first time a developer for a major game title left out content that people wanted.

Shulk was actually announced nearly a week ago. This is old news. http://smashboards.com/threads/shulk-confirmed-for-super-smash-bros-3ds-and-wii-u.365718/

Also there was a roster leak recently proven to be false. Could it possibly be the same one you're referring to?

So far your so called "research" is useless, and yes I am implying you don't know what you're saying. You still lack ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE.

If you want to ride the Hype Train, that's absolutely fine, but don't try to pass it off as fact when all you have is hype that so far isn't proven to be factual. If you believe these things without the actual evidence to back up your claim, you might as well start believing in Santa Claus again, kid. ;)

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Hmmmm, I wonder if this means Mac and the gender swap characters are the only ones getting true alt costumes. (unless others were shown and I don't remember)

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Not really, remember now there will be colors above the player so you could choose whatever color/alt costume you want.

(will edit later with Sakurai's post)
Maybe he is accounting for competitive team matches, where the rules will likely require the players to use the color of their team

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Dark Samus is playable...as an alternate costume...this is bittersweet indeed, and technically it's the Echoes one, whereas the Corruption one is still an AT...I'll still play as DS even if it feels utterly wrong...why Sakurai...why Dark Pit and not Dark Samus...

D

Deleted member

deleted account

Last edited by a moderator:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
This still isn't proof that Ridley or Mewtwo will exist in the title.

Most requested characters in the series? Ok, well that's fine. Wouldn't be the first time a developer for a major game title left out content that people wanted.

Shulk was actually announced several days ago. This is old news.

Also there was a roster leak recently proven to be false. Could it possibly be the same one you're referring to?

So far your so called "research" is useless, and yes I am implying you don't know what you're saying. You still lack ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE.

If you want to ride the Hype Train, that's absolutely fine, but don't try to pass it off as fact when all you have is hype that so far isn't proven to be factual. If you believe these things without the actual evidence to back up your claim, you might as well start believing in Santa Claus again.
1. Perhaps.
2. He could, but it'd be a rather idiotic move.
3. Yes he was recently confirmed, but these leaks were weeks BEFORE his reveal.
4. Not the same one.
5. Yes, I do. Leaked footage kinda proves the point. Here's some good videos to watch:
a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KBNLg0c07Q
b. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig36DHVp4lk&list=UUkmP59n7648ESU0PJsJMiRw
c. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGUTKv2oN4&list=UUkmP59n7648ESU0PJsJMiRw&index=2
6. I'm riding the hype train, yes, but there is evidence backing it up, I'm not blind.
Edit: Here's the leaked roster, in case you haven't seen it.
ssb4-leak-3.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom