• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neb

Smash Lord
REPOST:

I'm pretty confused... So, I was using Gecko OS 1.07, and then one day it stopped working. Now I'm trying to understand what everyone's talking about, with all these different names, and versions, I don't know what I'm suppose to be downloading. So basically, I need to know what I need to download, and how to, since my Gecko OS 1.07 isn't working. You guys need a technical dictionary or something, I'm sure not everyone is computer savvy, :/.

Thanks, and sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm just so lost right now, >_<.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
REPOST:

I'm pretty confused... So, I was using Gecko OS 1.07, and then one day it stopped working. Now I'm trying to understand what everyone's talking about, with all these different names, and versions, I don't know what I'm suppose to be downloading. So basically, I need to know what I need to download, and how to, since my Gecko OS 1.07 isn't working. You guys need a technical dictionary or something, I'm sure not everyone is computer savvy, :/.

Thanks, and sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm just so lost right now, >_<.
Oh sorry, lets focus on why it isn't working. Can you open it?

And anyway, you should get GeckOS 1.9 if it isn't working but I still like both. I can do a double gct only with GeckOS 1.07 personally, but thats just me.

Neb

Smash Lord
Well I go to Homebrew, then Gecko OS, when I click it, everything is there but the menu. It has the Gecko OS title, the black box and border, with the green lizard icon on the bottom left, but that's it. Everything that's suppose to be inside the box (words/numbers) is not there. I have to reset my Wii and everything, I've tried re-downloading it many times, same result.

Gecko OS 1.9, alright.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Neb, this is a pretty common problem, but do you have any GCN memory cards plugged in? If you do, just unplug it, and try again!

Kief

Smash Ace
So basically the reason i got homebrew was to get the music hack. I know i've heard places that you can use it on wifi, and it would work fine. Both you and the other players would hear the swapped music without problems. However, in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221814 , it says you wii will freeze when playing online. So, is this the main music hack? Or are there others? I'd like to get one where i can still play online with my swapped music.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I honestly have no experience with music hacks, someone else here can likely help you out more. I have known they have bricked Wii's rarely but I have avoided them because I received complaints about it on my channel.

I believe you need to do something wrong but still.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Ok, I have a few questions:

1. I can't figure out how to get my Bowser textures to work, the first 3 I downloaded (I could only get the .pcs) don't show up. The other one (came with .pcs and .pac) freezes when I load it. =/

2. Where do I put stages and items in the folders? (A link to a directory or w/e would be ideal)

3. How do I get CSPs to work? I downloaded Lord Kanti's textures (with CSPs in already) and they don't show up.

That's all that questions that I remember having, hah.

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Lord, I can answer most of your questions.
1) Not entirely sure why it freezes, but to convert your other pcs to a pac, you need to download lz77ex.exe, a link to which is located in a number of threads on the smash workshop, just look for topics offering a guide to texture hacking

2)in your pf folder, follow this file path:
pf/stage/melee/[your stages here]
Items are another story, Alex may be able to help you with that, but you'll likely need to get a folder called 'common3.pac' From him, one that I am also patiently waiting for. He suspects he'll be able to upload it Wednesday.

3) You sound like you need to download cupash.

http://meowmix.xtreemhost.com/?p=835

Follow this link to a CSP guide, and when it tells you to make your own, skip the step because you have them already. I've had trouble with other people's CSPs before, so best of luck to you. The best way I've found is to only add 4-5 of them every time you're at your computer, so you can easily find which ones are corrupted (if any). Also, if step 2 of cupash closes for no apparent reason, there's something wrong with the character portrait of character it displayed right before crashing. It only shows the name for just a second, but look carefully. I don't know how to remedy this problem, I usually end up deleting the portrait and making my own.

Good luck to you! If you have any further questions, I will try to answer them for you if Alex isn't around.

Kief

Smash Ace
I honestly have no experience with music hacks, someone else here can likely help you out more. I have known they have bricked Wii's rarely but I have avoided them because I received complaints about it on my channel.

I believe you need to do something wrong but still.
Oh...just to clearify i meant like, music swaps. For example, putting Bramble Blast on Yoshi's Island. Not adding songs TO brawl.

Kief

Smash Ace
are there any others? just because i want to be able to play online. and it says there that your wii will freeze if you do so :ohwell:

The Yeti

Smash Cadet
here's my problem:
i downloaded the new sd loader and custom stage loader and such but my wii still sometimes freezes after you pick a stage. is there anyway that i can get this to work everytime? i love the texture hacks but i find myself not using them because i have to restart my wii everytime it freezes. i've tested the textures themselves and all the textures work. so what's the problem? is there no way to have texture hacks without it freezing every one and awhile?

please help me in any way you can by either answering my question, or directing me to someone who can, or somewhere will someone will know. please help!

Breakerwind

Smash Rookie
I have a question.
My brother wants to use some Textures, but he also want to keep his old codes...
So... is there a way we can mantain our old codes and also mantain the File Replacement Code?

[sorry for my English, I speak Spanish...]

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you have the .txt file, yes. I'm not sure if you can turn a .gct back into a .txt file, though.

If you have the text file, just add the file replacement codes. Although if you're playing Brawl+, the easiest thing to do would just use one of the Plussery sets, as they've got the texture codes already.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
can someone link me to a post that teach how to use codemanager so i can add the codes i want ? thanks

Breakerwind

Smash Rookie
If you have the .txt file, yes. I'm not sure if you can turn a .gct back into a .txt file, though.

If you have the text file, just add the file replacement codes. Although if you're playing Brawl+, the easiest thing to do would just use one of the Plussery sets, as they've got the texture codes already.
Thanks!
I downloaded a Plussery set, and now we're able to play with codes & the texture codes.

---
EDIT

Moar questions...

I downloaded a Kefka texture for Marth, but there are some CSP files, do I need to rename them or what do I need to do with them?
Also, my game keeps freezing in the Character Selection Screen or in the Stage Selection Screen...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
CSP files needed to be put into CUPASH and then it should give you a few files inside folders called menu, system and info. If you want to use them PM me on how to do it.

And codemanager is so easy to use. Open the .exe, click file open text file, go to the one you want, and check all the boxes you want.

If a code you want isn't in the text file, paste the code over another code and check the box. Then export to gct and your done. Remember, if you change the code, store all modifications.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Do you have to Update to 4.0 to download Wii Shop games?

If so can someone link me to a guide to safely update to 4.0 without bricking my Wii?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Also, sMexy, there was a thread about safe updating on the first page of the Workshop! (here)

Also, I'm having trouble loading Plussery codesets
Codes error. Too many codes
1058 lines of code found, 425 allowed
I'm running the original Gecko 1.9, if there have been any changes. Also, bubbles are turned on, and I have a custom background, but those should be only cosmetic, right?

Desire

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know how to download Geko 1.9? or 'update' the channel?
I already downloaded the file, I just dont know how to install it.

Details please, or link would be great

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Just put a folder in SD\apps with directly inside it:

boot.dol
the .png
meta.xml

And you should be good. Just name it something and its installed.

Oh and you have to make one more file if you want to 8000 lines of code. Its in the guide.

Edit: Oh and Water. You need the config text file to get 8000 lines to work.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Page 1, this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447

You need to make something called "gameconfig.txt" in the root of the SD card and paste into it exactly:

Code:
RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Okay, I seriously can't get my textures and no tripping/longer replays to work at the same time.

I can run the textures by themselves.

I can run the codes by themselves.

But if I have both saved to an SD, the codes override the textures...help.

:093:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
They shouldn't, want me to make the .gct file? Your using 2.1a right??

I use 2 of those codes fine. I use longer replays and textures all the time, and Brawl+ I don't think has tripping so when I do Brawl+, I use all 3 I believe. Not sure, haven't played much Brawl+.

EDIT: Try textures and longer replays and tell me what happens.

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Alex, do you have a link to the common3.pac folder yet? Sorry to bug constantly, but I've had no luck finding the blasted thing.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They shouldn't, want me to make the .gct file? Your using 2.1a right??
Yeah, I'm using 2.1a. The codes are all saved under RSBE01.gct.

I use 2 of those codes fine. I use longer replays and textures all the time, and Brawl+ I don't think has tripping so when I do Brawl+, I use all 3 I believe. Not sure, haven't played much Brawl+.
Hm..well I don't have Brawl+ codes in :/ Just no tripping and longer replays.

EDIT: Try textures and longer replays and tell me what happens.
Alrighty..

EDIT: The code worked, but not the textures...hold on, I'm going to try something quick...

:093:

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Hmm. While that could be useful, what I'm looking for is common3.pac, as in the folder that's supposed to (eventually) result from running common3_en.pac through SSBBextract. I said it somewhere earlier, that it gives me an empty file when I do this, and you said you'd be able to hook me up with the file, as you found a download link to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom