• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about this overall vague question, but I need help installing brawl+. My current problem is that I kind of messed with the "boot.dol" file in the codes folder. I know this was a HUGE mistake and if somebody could please help me get the original wii easy hack menu folder to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Sorry about this overall vague question, but I need help installing brawl+. My current problem is that I kind of messed with the "boot.dol" file in the codes folder. I know this was a HUGE mistake and if somebody could please help me get the original wii easy hack menu folder to me, I would greatly appreciate it.
You can just make directories. Right click, add new folder.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by that? I'm saying that everytime I try to redownload the wii easy menu hack it gives me the messed up "boot.dol". Could somebody please give me the original wii easy menu hack folder with nothing messed up inside of it?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
What do you mean by that? I'm saying that everytime I try to redownload the wii easy menu hack it gives me the messed up "boot.dol".
Wait, you are talking about how to install HBC? Not to be discussed here sorry, PM me for.... more information on...... (wink) why it is not allowed here and about it (:))

BG3

Smash Journeyman
OK, sure I'll PM you, but installing HBC is not my concern. My problem was that I need the original wii easy menu hack folder. On top of that, I even have wii menu 4.0 to take care of (using bannerbomb).

BG3

Smash Journeyman
I can't install homebrew because I have 4.0 wii menu version, so I'm trying to use bannerbomb, but I'm having trouble using that because I think I accidentally corrupted one of the "boot.dol" files. Hope this can be fixed.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Yes because you can install HBC with 4.0.....

I know that, I'm saying that I'm having trouble using the bannerbomb method because the "boot.dol" is messed up every time I try to redownload it.

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
This isnt listed in the Q/A but its similar

in step 2 i get a message that says "no pallette detected"

Im on gimp and have tried advice and guides from all over

some fixes I have tried have notified me that there is no alpha layer for that texture, especially a few "fixs" ive tried with indexing

im using ROB to test the solutions to my problem as he isnt +1 or +2

I have tried RLE compression on and off bottom left and bottom right

I have tried adding an alpha chanel

I have tried with and w/out indexing and w/ and without dithering of transparency

I have tried 32,72,and 255 for color pallettes

any chance someone could walk me through it so ill notice what i did wrong?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This isnt listed in the Q/A but its similar

in step 2 i get a message that says "no pallette detected"

Im on gimp and have tried advice and guides from all over

some fixes I have tried have notified me that there is no alpha layer for that texture, especially a few "fixs" ive tried with indexing

im using ROB to test the solutions to my problem as he isnt +1 or +2

I have tried RLE compression on and off bottom left and bottom right

I have tried adding an alpha chanel

I have tried with and w/out indexing and w/ and without dithering of transparency

I have tried 32,72,and 255 for color pallettes

any chance someone could walk me through it so ill notice what i did wrong?
No palette detected means you didn't index it. If it has no alpha layer, don't index it.

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
after indexing i get no alpha layer

how am i supposed to avoid both, indexing fixes one and causes the other

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Random Question:

I heard that the debug folder for Brawl is empty. What if we try to make our own debug menu using the SD loader code? It should let us see hitboxes.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
How do I save the RSBE01.gct code for both Brawl+ and the texture file replacer in the same folder when one always insists on overriding the other due to having the same name?

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Hey, does the size or brand of an SD card affect whether the Wii can read it or not? I have a generic 256mb SD card that works perfectly with the most recent Brawl+ Nightly Build and a good collection of Textures, but when I attempted to copy the EXACT files from the 256mb to a new PNY Optima 4gb SD card neither the Wii nor Homebrew are able to detect any files to load with.

Suggestions? =/

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
Even though the wii is SUPPOSED to be fully sdHC compatible, it's not. You may be able to get it to work, but I've never heard of it working/ don't know how/ doubt you can. if the wii and homebrew truly aren't compatible to sdHC cards, then the biggest sd card you can work with is 2 gigs.

I suggest you return the 4 gig card for a 2 gig.

Question: if i copy homebrew channel (or gecko channel) to an sd card can it be put on another wii (with same wii menu, ie: 3.4u) from the sd card and work on that wii?

Arkaether

Smash Ace
The Wii does indeed work with SDHC, however, Brawl does not. Brawl was designed before SHDC-compatibility and doesn't support it.

Cyrtrs: I'm pretty sure you can't. Never tried it, though.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
I said it isn't <b>fully</b> compatible, not completely non-compatible.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
I have some problems with custom music. The Victory themes of Kirby, F-Zero and Metroid don't play and freeze at the end. Target Smash doesn't loop and freezes once completed.
How can it be fixed? I'm using a 8GB Flash drive for loading and Androu1-Brawl-BRSTM-MasterVersion for converting the music.

Revven

FrankerZ
I have some problems with custom music. The Victory themes of Kirby, F-Zero and Metroid don't play and freeze at the end. Target Smash doesn't loop and freezes once completed.
How can it be fixed? I'm using a 8GB Flash drive for loading and Androu1-Brawl-BRSTM-MasterVersion for converting the music.
Either the converter bugged the songs and you should try doing them again or it's the songs themselves and you need to replace them with something else.

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
Portrait pics

i don't want to start creating the portrait pictures (yet) i just wanna know how to insert them, how do i do that? do i still need cupash?

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
The songs all should work fine, are you sure you are properly splitting the stereo? Oh and did you check to see if your Flash drive is fully compatible?
It's okay. I used diffrent victory themes and redid the Target Smash song, it worked no problems.

There's something else. When I convert a song to brstm and play it in Winamp it loops perfectly. However in-game some of the songs not all of them have a minor delay when it loops.

I have a Freecom flash drive btw.

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
I don't know exactly where this belongs, but I'll ask here. I unzipped the brawlplusery4.1full onto my SD card, and then ran homebrew channel and tried running Gecko, but it went to a black screen and never loaded Gecko.

I'm using Gecko 1.9.0.1
My wii version is 4.0u
I've reinstalled the homebrew channel.
I tried previous versions of Gecko, all of which had "exception (DSI) occurred" errors.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ok. I have no idea where else to ask, so here seems good enough.

A friend of mine installed homebrew and gecko on my wii today, as well as some texture hacks. Unfortunately he got the GCT file wrong, and now i have brawl+.
i want to keep my specific hacks, but eliminate the brawl+ codesets (character movesets).
So keep:
infinite camera
infinite replays
replays have name tags
texture hacks.
use pokemon individually

i dont know anything about codes.
can anyone please help me?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok. I have no idea where else to ask, so here seems good enough.

A friend of mine installed homebrew and gecko on my wii today, as well as some texture hacks. Unfortunately he got the GCT file wrong, and now i have brawl+.
i want to keep my specific hacks, but eliminate the brawl+ codesets (character movesets).
So keep:
infinite camera
infinite replays
replays have name tags
texture hacks.
use pokemon individually

i dont know anything about codes.
can anyone please help me?
Thats a complicated codeset, give it to me, it might take a second. It might not be differentiable from Brawl+ but I can definitely give you some of it. I'll post the codes and you save them as a .txt file and check every one when you want it. I will not have the fatigue codes in and you will swap out but you can have custom characters start. IE, I won't be changing brawl but I will make it look good.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Do I need the Homebrew channel to run brawl hacks? What procedures do I have to go through to set it up also?

Really, I'm clueless about hackzorz...

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Do I need the Homebrew channel to run brawl hacks? What procedures do I have to go through to set it up also?

Really, I'm clueless about hackzorz...
The HBC is the starting point, after that you need to have an app for it called Gecko and that's where the codes get applied to whatever game you're loading up. So yeah, you need the Homebrew channel. Now, discussing how to install homebrew on your Wii isn't allowed here so you can either google a tutorial for that (There's a few methods out there now, depending on what version Wii you currently have) or PM illinialex for details on that. Gecko you can get from a couple of threads here (Like from the site in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232823). You'll need an SD card of course (2 gigs and under should work just fine without fail). It may sound like a lot but it isn't hard to setup.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
The HBC is the starting point, after that you need to have an app for it called Gecko and that's where the codes get applied to whatever game you're loading up. So yeah, you need the Homebrew channel. Now, discussing how to install homebrew on your Wii isn't allowed here so you can either google a tutorial for that (There's a few methods out there now, depending on what version Wii you currently have) or PM illinialex for details on that. Gecko you can get from a couple of threads here (Like from the site in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232823). You'll need an SD card of course (2 gigs and under should work just fine without fail). It may sound like a lot but it isn't hard to setup.

I find it odd that you can't discuss that... Well, thanks a bunch!

Edit: Do I need the twilight hack?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I find it odd that you can't discuss that... Well, thanks a bunch!

Edit: Do I need the twilight hack?
It's only recently that you can't discuss it anymore. Ever since the boards got a... new owner, so to speak hehe.

The twilight hack is one of the methods I mentioned to get homebrew on your Wii. I don't know exactly how much I'm allowed to discuss so I'll say, depending on your version of Wii, you miiiiiiiight :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom