• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
erm not sure where this would go but google was certainly not my friend on this one, a question that Im sure has been answered many times:
where do all the files go/what files do I need for Character Select Portraits?
I found a guide on how to MAKE them, but that's not what I wanna do. I simply wnat to get files I already have to work.
I have a bunch of character#_big.png, character#_small.png, character#_big.tga, and character#_small.tga for some textures I've got going.
Which of those files do I need? I downloaded a few that only came a single .tga (Strikers Charged outfit characters, lookin' at you) but also some with the 4 files above.
Are the .tga the only character specific ones I need? I know I need some other generic thing from the ISO (which I'm sure I can find on google, don't worry).
Where do they go on the SD card?
I couldn't find this anywhere else for some reason, so I figure I'd ask here.

In a nutshell: where do all the files for a CSP go on an SD card, and what files do you need?

edit: I have a Mac, so I'm extremely limited on what I can do concerning programs I need to run...
i have never done csp's so i don't know, but if in a couple days it hasn't been answered here, try asking in falco400's texture hack quide.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I have a bunch of character#_big.png, character#_small.png, character#_big.tga, and character#_small.tga for some textures I've got going.

Which of those files do I need? I downloaded a few that only came a single .tga (Strikers Charged outfit characters, lookin' at you) but also some with the 4 files above.
Are the .tga the only character specific ones I need?

Where do they go on the SD card?
1) PNG files are simply so you can easily view them in Paint or something. TGA can be viewed in Photoshop or GIMP, if you want to modify them or something. In short, you will only need the TGA files.

2) Search for and download CUPASH. This program will take your TGA files and convert them into the appropriate files for Brawl. You will also need ntcompress and texconv, but I can't link to those.

CUPASH and related files (there's a pack) can be found in a link here: http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ontopicdiscussion&action=display&thread=309

Doval

Smash Lord
What, precisely, do the "Default Large Custom Stage Death Boundarys [spunit262]", "Walkoff Large Custom Stage Death Boundarys [spunit262]", and "Stage Editor Edge Code v2 [PizzaBoy]" codes do? I'm not really getting it just from the names and descriptions.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
did the old code work with the partial size modified characters, and are you using custom textures? also the code is still very new and may have a few kinks in it. Wait until the updated version comes in and that might solve your problem.
Yes I used the old File Replacement code problem solved. Still looking forward to the File Patch fix.

codfish92

Smash Ace
What, precisely, do the "Default Large Custom Stage Death Boundarys [spunit262]", "Walkoff Large Custom Stage Death Boundarys [spunit262]", and "Stage Editor Edge Code v2 [PizzaBoy]" codes do? I'm not really getting it just from the names and descriptions.
Default Large Custom Stage Death Boundarys most likely enables death boundary data to be used on large custom stages

Stage Editor Edge Code v2 most likely makes it so when that you can place objects outside the normal "edge" of the map.

Walkoff Large Custom Stage Death Boundarys most likely is death boundary data for large custom stages that allows you to "walkoff" the screen in die much like you can in some parts of delfino plaza when you have placed objects outside the edge of the screen.

not 100% sure if thats what the mean, but those are most likely it.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I asked this a couple days ago, thought id try again.

Warios bike, is it possible to texture hack it?

KenHitokiri

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I just found out about the Music SD Loading. But I have a question: Is there any way to make it so that whole victory themes don't have to be replaced? As in, can I just replace Bowser's without the whole Mushroom gang? And ect, ect?

Danke.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Ok, so I just found out about the Music SD Loading. But I have a question: Is there any way to make it so that whole victory themes don't have to be replaced? As in, can I just replace Bowser's without the whole Mushroom gang? And ect, ect?

Danke.
no you can't since that victory theme is used for the entire mushroom gang.(there is only 1 theme song for 4 characters. not 4 theme songs for 4 characters.)

codfish92

Smash Ace
I asked this a couple days ago, thought id try again.

Warios bike, is it possible to texture hack it?
probably, just no one has done it since the bike is probably in wario's effects and the items area at the same time(it's wario's move but after it comes out, it is an item). i don't think anyone has isolated it's location yet. but anything thats loaded can be changed in some way or form.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to the help I've received from this topic, I've been able to take snapshots in Brawl and then use them to create portraits successfully. However, I've run into a slight problem. I downloaded a .rar file entitled "CSP Tools" which came with CUPASH and bunch of files which I turned into templates.

This was all well and good until I tried to export my portraits into Brawl. Some of the templates I had came edited already. Now, I have some portraits that I didn't want. For example, I have a Bowser portrait over the original costume when I don't have a texture for it. Is there a fix for this?

Edit: An addition to my problem. I've been trying to run the step2_create program and I get the message that my portraits have too many colors. I've double checked the colors and all the indexed colors are less than the original portraits so that's not it. Anybody have an idea?

Second Edit: Forgot to mention, this happens with: Bowser, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Peach, Pikachu, and Toon Link

C-Money17

Smash Rookie
I'm having some trouble with the item swap codes. I'm basically trying to swap an existing item for out for Manaphy, but it's not working correctly. I tried swapping out Goldeen, but then neither Goldeen nor Manaphy appears when I throw the poke ball. It's just empty. I noticed that Manaphy was highlighted yellow in the item swap codes posted on the first page. What am I doing wrong here?

codfish92

Smash Ace
I'm having some trouble with the item swap codes. I'm basically trying to swap an existing item for out for Manaphy, but it's not working correctly. I tried swapping out Goldeen, but then neither Goldeen nor Manaphy appears when I throw the poke ball. It's just empty. I noticed that Manaphy was highlighted yellow in the item swap codes posted on the first page. What am I doing wrong here?
make sure the Z value of the code is 3 if you want just one thing to come out. it's however many you want + 2

KenHitokiri

Smash Rookie
Thanks. Another question: Are there any textures for the menu, or the title screen? I've heard people talk about them, but I've never seen any.

C-Money17

Smash Rookie
make sure the Z value of the code is 3 if you want just one thing to come out. it's however many you want + 2
Z value? The item swap code only has X and Y values that I'm supposed to change.

Item Swap
4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C0600XX 40820008
38C000YY 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

Is there something else I'm supposed to change in the code above other than the X's and Y's?

codfish92

Smash Ace
4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C0600XX 40820008
38C000YY 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

that bold 3 would be the z value, so it looks right, what values are you replacing for xx and yy?
if your trying to make say food a pokemon, it probably won't work since pokemon have to come out of pokeballs, i think it's a condition within the code.(pokemon to pokemon will work though)

codfish92

Smash Ace
Thanks. Another question: Are there any textures for the menu, or the title screen? I've heard people talk about them, but I've never seen any.
i know the menu textures exist(don't know where to find them though). don't think there have been any title screen changes. there are boot strap texture changes ( the boot strap is just the opening part where it tells you to be careful with the wii mote and blah blah). there is one boot strap texture for brawl+ here and another random bootstrap texture at kitty corp.

C-Money17

Smash Rookie
4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C0600XX 40820008
38C000YY 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

that bold 3 would be the z value, so it looks right, what values are you replacing for xx and yy?
if your trying to make say food a pokemon, it probably won't work since pokemon have to come out of pokeballs, i think it's a condition within the code.(pokemon to pokemon will work though)
That's what I was trying to do. I want to have the XX value to be 81, which is Goldeen. The YY value will be 78, which is Manaphy. The probelm is when I try the code, nothing comes out of the pokeball. It's just empty. I don't understand what the problem is.

codfish92

Smash Ace
That's what I was trying to do. I want to have the XX value to be 81, which is Goldeen. The YY value will be 78, which is Manaphy. The probelm is when I try the code, nothing comes out of the pokeball. It's just empty. I don't understand what the problem is.
is it when you throw the pokeball every time nothing comes out, or is when you throw the pokeball and its goldeen that nothing comes out?

C-Money17

Smash Rookie
is it when you throw the pokeball every time nothing comes out, or is when you throw the pokeball and its goldeen that nothing comes out?
It's when I throw the poke ball and it's Goldeen that nothing comes out. I've tried to swap out other pokemon with Manaphy and got the same result. One thing I've noticed is that every time I get that certain pokemon that was meant to be swapped with Manaphy and nothing comes out, it permanently decreases the amount of items that can spawn at any given time.

I can usually spawn four poke balls in Training Mode, but after getting "Goldeen" twice, I was only able to spawn a maximum of two poke balls.

codfish92

Smash Ace
It's when I throw the poke ball and it's Goldeen that nothing comes out. I've tried to swap out other pokemon with Manaphy and got the same result. One thing I've noticed is that every time I get that certain pokemon that was meant to be swapped with Manaphy and nothing comes out, it permanently decreases the amount of items that can spawn at any given time.

I can usually spawn four poke balls in Training Mode, but after getting "Goldeen" twice, I was only able to spawn a maximum of two poke balls.
that item swap code is most likely NTSC-u and will not work with the other versions.

4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C060081 40820008
38C00078 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

this might seem weird put copy that code in again(i had this problem with another code a bit back, re pasting it made it work)

the reason the maximum amount you can have at a time because when "nothing comes out", a pokemon is present, this means when you threw the two nothing pokeballs, two pokemon r already out, so it will limit you to 2 pokeballs(max is 4 - pokemon out). since nothing ever ends, the max limit decreases.

C-Money17

Smash Rookie
that item swap code is most likely NTSC-u and will not work with the other versions.

4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C060081 40820008
38C00078 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

this might seem weird put copy that code in again(i had this problem with another code a bit back, re pasting it made it work)

the reason the maximum amount you can have at a time because when "nothing comes out", a pokemon is present, this means when you threw the two nothing pokeballs, two pokemon r already out, so it will limit you to 2 pokeballs(max is 4 - pokemon out). since nothing ever ends, the max limit decreases.
I tried the code you posted, but I still got the empty poke ball result. Gah, this is driving me nuts.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
I think my question may have been lost in the void so I'm going to try posting it again:

Thanks to the help I've received from this topic, I've been able to take snapshots in Brawl and then use them to create portraits successfully. However, I've run into a slight problem. I downloaded a .rar file entitled "CSP Tools" which came with CUPASH and bunch of files which I turned into templates.

This was all well and good until I tried to export my portraits into Brawl. Some of the templates I had came edited already. Now, I have some portraits that I didn't want. For example, I have a Bowser portrait over the original costume when I don't have a texture for it. Is there a fix for this?

I've also been trying to run the step2_create program and I get the message that my portraits have too many colors. I've double checked the colors and all the indexed colors are less than the original portraits so that's not it. I even set the non-working ones down to 100 colors and got nothing. Anybody have an idea?

This happens with: Bowser, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Peach, Pikachu, and Toon Link.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
anyone know where i can find the link to all the brawl plussery characters?

example: roy and doctor mario
I don't think there's one particular topic that lists all of them, but most of those can be found by just searching through the boards. I believe the Roy one is on the front page still.

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with the small character portraits. I followed your advice here:

If you have small CSP's but none are working and becoming inface.brres's, then rename them all to character1_small.tga and re-run the program. Then, when copying them over to your pf folder, change the last digit to the number it would have had on the .tga
but my game freezes the moment the portrait is suppposed to appear.

Edit: Nevermind, the updated file replacement code fixed it.

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
****, I cannot find this Super Mario Galaxy for FD stage texture. Can anyone that has it or know where it is give it to me? :x

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
065A9800 00000014
GGHHIIJJ KKLLLMMM

GG character id
HH original damage
II original KB gain
JJ original Base KB
KK original Element
LLL original launch angle
MMM action id

Could someone edit this for Squirtle's Withdraw? I'll do the other part(the part of the code I didn't provide), but I need someone else to do the first part because I'm not sure about some of the things.

C-Money17

Smash Rookie
i'm sorry, but i can't seem to find the problem, it's not just goldeen to manaphy, it's exchanging any pokemon for another that seems the cause the problem. so i don't know.
Oh, well. I've found another code that makes all the poke balls spawn Manaphy no matter what. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it'll do. I just wanted a code that would make Manaphy appear more often with all the other pokemon, because the extremely low probability that it has is just ridiculous. I'd never have seen Manaphy if it wasn't for me haciking my game.

Thanks for all your help, though. I appreciate it.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Oh, well. I've found another code that makes all the poke balls spawn Manaphy no matter what. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it'll do. I just wanted a code that would make Manaphy appear more often with all the other pokemon, because the extremely low probability that it has is just ridiculous. I'd never have seen Manaphy if it wasn't for me haciking my game.

Thanks for all your help, though. I appreciate it.
you could use the only legendaryies pokemon code, that will increase the chance of getting manaphy, but still let you have other pokemon(they'll all b legendary too).

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
I have a problem with the Partial Size codes. After 2 matches or so I have to restart the game or else it'll freeze before the match or even in the character selection screen. Can this be fixed without turning off the codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom