• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hey Alex.

I'm trying to get HBC on my Wii, and I've downloaded the newest Boot.elf and all that stuff, but when I put my SD card in my Wii and go to Channels to try to install it, it sends me to a black screen where I can't do anything. It asks me if I want to run Boot.elf or something like that, then when I click yes, it loads for about a second and sends me to the black screen.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No, you can only make the logo have transparency, an easy way to test is anything that has _14 or is +2 can potentially have transparency, if its _14, just make it transparent, and if its +2, make it magenta. Use Photoshop CS4 though, its best for ASH. But no, from what I recollect, his cape cannot be invisible. Unlike Ike I believe.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
K so i messed around with a giga bowser code and forgot alloys don't crash and others don't wreck my music, now half of my delfino plaza songs don't work. I know its not the disk since it works for delfino songs on another wii but its the save file is there any resolution to this, thanks in advance,

P.S. if i have to absolutely delete my brawl data, is there a code to unlock boss battles/ all characters?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
K so i messed around with a giga bowser code and forgot alloys don't crash and others don't wreck my music, now half of my delfino plaza songs don't work. I know its not the disk since it works for delfino songs on another wii but its the save file is there any resolution to this, thanks in advance,

P.S. if i have to absolutely delete my brawl data, is there a code to unlock boss battles/ all characters?
What you have to do is copy all your snapshots, stages, and replays to an SD card, then delete your Brawl data (these are stored in your data normally), create a new save game data This should be the easiest) and use a code to unlock everything. Should be part of the regular Wiird database.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.

or you could try the delfino plaza my music reset
here's the code
4A000000 9017EC1C
14000000 00002720
14000004 00000232
14000008 0000271A
1400000C 00000232
14000010 0000271B
14000014 00000232
14000018 00002721
1400001C 002D0232
14000020 00002722
14000024 00AE0232
E0000000 80008000

i had a problem very close to this and the my music reset codes solved it. if it doesn't work, do what alex said

codfish92

Smash Ace
i have discovered a small little problem with custom bootstraps. it isn't serious so i didn't feel it necessary for it to be it's own thread, but i found it. If your using a custom bootstrap, and start the game and get to title screen and do nothing, it will cycle through the movie, how to play, random battle, or the bootstrap again. if it does the bootstrap again, the screen stays white and freezes. the only way to get out of it is to manually shut off. this isn't that huge of an issue, but if anyone is looking for something to do, they try to figure out why this happens. again, it's very small and hardly requires any attention. just thought it should be out there.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Is it just with File Replacement or does it affect ISO hacking??
so far i believe it only happens if ur using File Replacement.

i have a request, can someone tell me what these codes do?
WITH ANYONE - Basic Brawl Multiplayer [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1000
10000000 0000000C

*Must Be Host. You must also start the Waiting Room before someone else joins (kinda like having someone join your game instead of you joining theirs).

WITH ANYONE - Team Battle Multiplayer [Phantom Wings & Jose Gallardo]
4A000000 90180B44
38000000 00FF1100
10000000 0000000C

*Works without being the host, but the same rule applies for starting the Waiting Room before others join (have them join while you are in the waiting room).

no description was given for what the code actually does. if any one knows, please tell me.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I just have a small request. Can someone link me to a guide on how to edit strap loaders? I have StrapEn.pac, CUPASH, and GIMP, but I can't extract files from the strap.pac like I could with common_en.pac. I'd just like to know what I'm doing wrong and once I do extract the files, how to properly edit the loader. I'm still a noob with GIMP, so a lil info should get me on mah way. Thanks for helping.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I just have a small request. Can someone link me to a guide on how to edit strap loaders? I have StrapEn.pac, CUPASH, and GIMP, but I can't extract files from the strap.pac like I could with common_en.pac. I'd just like to know what I'm doing wrong and once I do extract the files, how to properly edit the loader. I'm still a noob with GIMP, so a lil info should get me on mah way. Thanks for helping.
Use ASH to extract them.

codfish92

Smash Ace

Tub

Smash Apprentice
When i have them on my sd and try to join a game it freezes.. it's the texture pack that Youko put together, if thats any help.

codfish92

Smash Ace
When i have them on my sd and try to join a game it freezes.. it's the texture pack that Youko put together, if thats any help.
youko's pack has had problems with online based off the reports. I think if you were to remove the ingame character portraits, that might stop the freezing. also try using the latest file replacement(patch) code. stage textures also will have trouble online. As far as i know, CSP's might cause trouble online. actual character textures shouldn't cause anything.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
How can I make stage textures or objects transparent? I'm trying to get rid of pesky trees and stuff on bridge of eldin.

BloodFire

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just tried to install character portraits with no luck. So I deleted the system folder in my wii card. Now I only have fighter sound and stage. But now everytime I load brawl, go into a regular brawl and select a stage, my wii will freeze. Everytime.

What's happening?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Hey, I just tried to install character portraits with no luck. So I deleted the system folder in my wii card. Now I only have fighter sound and stage. But now everytime I load brawl, go into a regular brawl and select a stage, my wii will freeze. Everytime.

What's happening?
i most likely ur my music is messed up. try going to my music and selecting the stage ur always trying to select. if it freezes, it means ur my music messed up. the quick fix is my music reset codes(happens to me a lot). if you go to my music and select the stage and it doesn't freeze, then i have no idea what is wrong.

codfish92

Smash Ace
yeah i have a question, i'm trying to use move swap hacks, but the game always freezes. i understand moveswaping will freeze the game if you try to make someone crawl who can't, but the game freezes as soon as i choose the level. do only a few move swap codes work, or am i an isolated case?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
It should be an isolated case, although I heard something else. Make sure you replace the XXXX values, and for each proper character. Try Pikachu with Ganondorf in him, its a very well known and generally working code, called Manchu.

codfish92

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to modify the first line of the frame data code. Spunit262 says its however many lines you have X 16. then that number is converted into hex.
You need to modify the byte count when adding new lines, it's the second part of the first line "Frame Speed Mod Data". The value is 8 per line, I alway count it by count line pair (excluding the first line), multiply that by 0x10 (16 decimal) and add 8 if the number of lines is odd.
im trying to get a frame data code with 15 lines of data to work(and yes that is excluding the first one). so i get 240 decimal which is 00F0 in hex. i put that in the first line, but that just freezes the game. does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

also while i'm at it, with the deathboundary mod, does a lower number mean closer to the center. if i wanted to make the bottom deathboundary much larger(meaning you would have to fall down a lot farther to get ko'd), would i make the number large or small?

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
K so i messed around with the gigabowser code and forgot alloys don't crash and others dont wreck my music, no half of my delfino songs do no work, i know its not the CD since it works in other wiis for the music, and other CDs don't work on my wii for the music, is there a way to fix it?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
K so i messed around with the gigabowser code and forgot alloys don't crash and others dont wreck my music, no half of my delfino songs do no work, i know its not the CD since it works in other wiis for the music, and other CDs don't work on my wii for the music, is there a way to fix it?
Yes, delete your save data and use codes to unlock everything. Its your save data, not your Wii that was corrupted.

Oh and codfish, I'm not exactly sure, can you post the exact code and what you want to do and I might be able to help. I haven't personally used it but I do hex.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Yes, delete your save data and use codes to unlock everything. Its your save data, not your Wii that was corrupted.

Oh and codfish, I'm not exactly sure, can you post the exact code and what you want to do and I might be able to help. I haven't personally used it but I do hex.
Death Boundary Mod Data [spunit262]
065A9000 00000010
15F00000 00000FC8
35F0F510 AF000000

Format is [spunit262]
065A9000 000000ZZ
XXY0LLLR RRTTTVVV
XXY0LLLR RRTTTVVV
X=stage
Y=sub-id,F=all
Z=it the byte count of the data, It's 8*number_of_lines **IN HEX**.
LLL=left-boundary in hex.
RRR=right-boundary in hex.
TTT=top-boundary in hex.
VVV=bottom-boundary in hex.

frame mod data
065A9400 00000018
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV
FF000061 UKEMROLL
Format is [spunit262]
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is charactor id and need the following code to work.
YY is the first frame the speed mod is applyed (experimental)
ZZZZ is the action Id
LLLLLLLL is the multiplier for frame speed.
Notes:
1. The first one on the list that matches is used.
2. It detects the end of the list, by reading 00000000, this means that you can't modify Mario's standing animation starting with the first frame (who care), And you need to make sure that there are zeros after it.
3. FF is use as the Character id for every one.
4. You need to modify the byte count when adding new lines, it's the second part of the first line "Frame Speed Mod Data". The value is 8 per line, I alway count it by count line pair (excluding the first line), multiply that by 0x10 (16 decimal) and add 8 if the number of lines is odd.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
hmm, is there another way?

like i used to have preloader (sucks) and i backed up my brawl i think b4 i did this so if i got preloader back, deleted my current, then installed it again would that work as well?

OR can i just delete like the 1player stuff

codfish92

Smash Ace
hmm, is there another way?

like i used to have preloader (sucks) and i backed up my brawl i think b4 i did this so if i got preloader back, deleted my current, then installed it again would that work as well?

OR can i just delete like the 1player stuff
if you used the save game extractor before you did everything, you can safely delete ur save file and use the save installer to put ur old data back on.(it works i've used it before)

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
no i mean its just a save game thru the wii menu meaning if i get preloader again, and install it thru there, and if it works and get rid of preloader ill be good to go correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom