• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Xanadu Weekly Tournament - Every Tuesday. Doors open at 6PM EST. Baltimore, M

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So looks like I might be able to keep these hours at work so I'll be dropping by around 8:15 each night going forward

If people don't start buying controllers to help me pay for the xanadu fees though, i'll have to stop coming at some point because I can't spend 20 a month on smash + tournaments

BTW Gimr the free tourney idea is a great idea, we should do it each week and rotate the events

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
we've grown a lot. Tons of people are coming out. Just because the thread is dead doesn't mean the event is!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Putting this up for future reference. If you provide a Project M setup for Xanadu, or know someone who does, please put this file on your SD card in the following folder: SD:/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/system/

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3vujeclyww6gte/common5.pac

It contains the Xanadu logo as well as a custom stage list represented on the stage select screen.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Oh man, I would love to attend one of these. Trying to get back into the smash scene, at least a bit :)

Garrbie

Smash Rookie
i live near by and Was thinking about coming down sometime, are there people to teach me how to do some of the advanced tech stuff. im trying to learn how to L cancel

Nurok

Smash Lord
I actually live in towson ATM, but for sure man. I did join the melee FB group too, my name on there is Edun

Bones0

Smash Legend
i live near by and Was thinking about coming down sometime, are there people to teach me how to do some of the advanced tech stuff. im trying to learn how to L cancel
Yeah man, people are really helpful if you ask. Just try to practice on your own as much as possible because no one can really teach you much until you are able to perform basic techniques and tbh, you won't be very fun to play against. lol Here's a helpful video to get you started with all the main tools you need:

Morphine

Smash Cadet
Anyone around the Delaware area that would be willing to give a ride this next tuesday? My first public smash outing ever so I'm gonna be all lonely lol

shellin

Smash Rookie
I really wanna attend but getting there without a car is a bit tough (1.5 hours+ on public transportation). Does anyone live around the Homewood area?

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
Is there anyone that lives in the Silver Spring area? I looking to hitch a ride to Xanadu's..

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Went on a business trip to leesburg and am working here till Friday. I work till five making it perfect for me to go to one of the weeklies :D would anyone be willing to give a fellow smasher a ride? I requested to join the FB group waiting on being accepted so I can ask someone there.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Putting this up for future reference. If you provide a Project M setup for Xanadu, or know someone who does, please put this file on your SD card in the following folder: SD:/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/system/

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3vujeclyww6gte/common5.pac

It contains the Xanadu logo as well as a custom stage list represented on the stage select screen.
Would you or anyone be able to link me to a BRSTM Pack for the one they use on the stream setup for Project: M currently?
The tracks on it are so hot, and add so much hype!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I've got a better pack I'm building. Once I'm done with it, I'll release it...but it needs some more playtesting. Been procrastinating making it, so I'll get to that very soon hopefully.

lemonayd

Smash Cadet
Hey guys just a quick question, I haven't played in a few years and I was just looking for people to play with to practice, are there enough people around willing to do friendlies on Tuesday nights?

edit: Talking about Melee, not PM or Brawl

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey guys just a quick question, I haven't played in a few years and I was just looking for people to play with to practice, are there enough people around willing to do friendlies on Tuesday nights?

edit: Talking about Melee, not PM or Brawl
I'm 40 mins east of Hampstead, but I go to Xanadu on Tuesdays...

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!

I was thinking about coming out this Tuesday. Are the times still the same? I mainly play Melee so are the signup times still the same? Its my first tourney so I'm so hyped.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey guys!

I was thinking about coming out this Tuesday. Are the times still the same? I mainly play Melee so are the signup times still the same? Its my first tourney so I'm so hyped.
There's a full-fledged tournament on Sunday if you want to go then (details on the MDVA Mele group). For Tuesdays, the venue opens at 3 and Melee signups close at 7-7:15.

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
There's a full-fledged tournament on Sunday if you want to go then (details on the MDVA Mele group). For Tuesdays, the venue opens at 3 and Melee signups close at 7-7:15.
What do you mean by a full fledged tournament? How is this different than the weekly?

bushy Royo

Smash Rookie
Too bad i cant switch my user name to royo..... but yea "ROYO" the hidden challenger has arrived on tuesday. lookin forward to smashin with yall. i know ill find someone better than me i have too

Top Bottom