• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot 2: The Sequel! 2/17/06 San Antonio Tournaments

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Felix15c said:
As always, please bring TVs and consoles.
I actually had this in the first post... but just in case...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING TVS AND CONSOLES!!!

And in regular caps so i don't kill anybody's eyes...
Please, Please, Please bring tvs and consoles!!!

The tournament will run more smoothly, and more friendlies can be played and I won't have to be such a **** about kicking people off who arn't playing tourney matches.

Reqy, its ok... i don't think I had time for a rematch, i was quite busy that day. Also never played armored core... but I imagine that it would be more complicated than virtual on.

Mr.C

Smash Master
im holding on your rope got me ten feet off the ground
and im hearing what your saying but i just acnt make a sound
u tell me that u need me then you go and cut me down BUT WAIT
you tell me that ur sorry didnt think id turn around annddd saaayyaayyy

ITS TO LATE TO APOLOGIZE to laattteeee to late to apologize

id take another chance, take a fall take a shot for you
and i need you like a heart needs a beat
but its nothing new, i loved with a fire red now its burning blue, and you say
sorrry like the angel heaven let me thing was you
but im afraid its TO LATE TO APOLOGIZE TOO LAATEEEE to late

jotun

Smash Ace
I see that nothin's changed
Insist on playing games
Some waste of time you are
And you're so popular
Well this is it you *****
I got to make a switch
You find some other john
I know what's goin' on

Your move what do I have to lose
Stalemate, too late, too late

I thought you were for real
Just one more rip-off deal
Don't give me all that crap
I just escaped your trap
You think you see the joke
But you're just chasin' smoke
'Cos now the thrill is gone
I know what's goin' on

Misunderstanding me
The way you felt so free
I'm gonna jump the gun
I'm gonna cut an' run
Your credibility
Don't cut no ice with me
You're just a feeble con
I know what's goin' on

forkgirl

Smash Lord
ah, i didn't see that, but I can bring a tv/gc.

Also, my little sister lost one of our controllers at the last one...we looked everywhere so I dont think its at Gamelot, i think someone might have accidentally walked off with it? it wasnt labelled and it was purple :/

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
So you don't think its there, or you think it is???

In the cleanup all we found was ugly's controller and hat....

More news

They just bought 8 tvs!!! All 8 will be setup whenever there is a tournament, so TVs won't be so much of a problem anymore, but don't stop bringing them! We can still use the exstra tvs for free play and what not. That being said, we need consoles and cubes... at least 8. So bring some please :D

jotun

Smash Ace
I think you're missing quite a few banned stages...

from MLG rules:
6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
you've left out Great Bay, both Mushroom Kingdoms, Yoshi 64, Yoshi pipes, Venon, Peach's Castle, Big Blue, and Kongo Jungle.

Mr.C

Smash Master
just put in the first post (MLG RULESET) and your covered.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Fixed the banned stages.

just put in the first post (MLG RULESET) and your covered.
But MLG doesn't have smash as a game anymore... :(

So at Riceburner's tourney yesterday there were too many tvs and not enough cubes. People need to bring cubes and the game for there to be a well run tournament and cubes for friendlies.

Mr.C

Smash Master
MLG ruleset is the national ruleset for smash

quit johning

actually go back to moast ruleset so i can pick onett/peachs castle so i can never lose.

tsetse

Smash Lord
MLG ruleset is the national ruleset for smash

quit johning

actually go back to moast ruleset so i can pick onett/peachs castle so i can never lose.

Correction I meant, only the game rules not the maps themselves. Yeah Peach and Onett are kinda biased to some char. Or is it cuz Robbie is just that smooth.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I never liked the MLG ruleset anyway. Not being able to ban randomstages because they're all "neutral"? Try telling a Peach or Jiggly player who has to play a Marth or a Fox that Yoshi's Story is "neutral" -_-

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea it's a good thing, but I've had Yoshi's story come up twice in a row on random before in a tourney match >.<

And I suck on Dreamland <.<; That stage is good for Fox and Marth too, then again, what stage isn't?

Mr.C

Smash Master
ya lets ban neutral stages

because jiggs, peach suck on fd, battlefield, dl64
but we shouldnt ban dk64, brinstar, mutecity
that would be just silly

lolllls peach and jiggly get the most out of any counter pic level ever invented quit johning

my sig is pretty

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well the thing is, you can ban any of those stages. The fact that I can't ban Yoshi's makes me sad. Marths don't counterpick stages that are meant to be counterpicks, they just stick to the "neutral" stages. Fox can counterpick somewhat with stages like GreenGreens.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't even see why you are complaining about one stage. The whole point of counter picking is to have a stage to counter pick. It's not like Jiggs is bad on that stage either. It's a lot easier to kill with Jiggs on that stage. Moves like fsmash suddenly kill around 80%. While your counter picks like DK64, Mute, Brinstar give you absolute advantage over other characters.

All the neutral stages are fine. You can die faster, but so can your opponent. The only issue I can think of is Falco getting quick shine kills off the top, but that's a lot easier against Peach. If you think the platforms give Marth too much advantage, then you should complain about Pokemon Stadium as well since it's just as easy to get tippers on those platforms. You're a Jiggs player as well, so it's not like you're going to be standing on those platforms all day unlike the fastfallers.

Of course, in the end, Yoshi's prolly gives Marth a bit more advantage, but you have plenty of stages in your favor you at a greater degree. If you suck on Dreamland, then tough luck, not everything can go your way.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well said Chang.

I've gotta say though I hate Yoshi's story when i'm samus and my opponent is marth :(.

Mr.C

Smash Master
my point is yoshis story is a marth level true

but i can ban brinstar....but then i have pokefloats, mutecity and dk64 on the way =[

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, I understand how all this works. I may be complaining but that's just because I don't like the stage. I realize that other people have to deal with the same thing. If I were not a Jiggly player then perhaps I would complain about dl64 instead.

Just because I complain doesn't mean I don't understand that I'm not the only one who has to deal with it.

And MrC, I think not very many other Jiggly players counterpick dk64 like I do, altho they should. I just like that level. :p

Mr.C

Smash Master
jiggs or not dk64 is a good stage to counter pick when your playing sheik, fox, falco, marth players.

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna start doing something new for this tournament.

There are going to be small side tournaments that will run all day. They will cost $5 to enter and will start as soon as there are 8 people signed up. It will be a single elimination tournament, use the same rule set as the main tournament and the winner takes $30.

Also... i'm doing a halo 2 tournament on Feb. 24th. Anybody here interested? Anybody know of a good forum to advertise a halo tourney?

Mr.C

Smash Master
brings snes's for shaqfu

UNSINKABLE SHIPS SINK
UBREAKABLE WALLS BREAK

Top Bottom