• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards.com Ventrilo - New

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
I recently just ordered an 100 man Ventrilo server solely for Smashboards. Its capacity is easily modified depending on how active this server becomes. For those you are unfamiliar with this, it's a voice communication software that is open to everybody. You can download the client at: http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

(For most users, it's Windows i386 - 32bit, Version 2.3.0)

IP: vent3.gameservers.com
Port: 4284

Server Admin will be going to mods, and I'll give up ftp access at request.

Instructions:

After completing the installer, open the executable. You should see this:

Click on the arrow beside User Name.

1. Click New and enter a name for yourself, press okay.

(The phonetic just means what you want others to hear when you join the server)

2. ...press okay.

Click on the arrow beside Server in the first pic to see a menu like below.

Click New and type a name for the server (Smashboards, w/e), press okay.

3. Type in the IP and the port (vent3.gameservers.com:4284). Press okay...

Hit connect, and your done. -__-"

Please post your comments or opinions.​

Sariku

Smash Master
I dont know if that was worth any trouble you may of went through. There is already a Smash ISP thingy or whatever, from Chakra and Suiken. I don't think we need another, as that one barely has anyone on it. Last time I checked anyways.

Either or, I won't bother doing it right now, but if it starts picking up I suppose I might grace your Ventrilo Server with my Presance. Or Whatever : D

usea

Smash Ace
I can't connect from my school connection. I have a feeling this year is going to suck, tons of things I can't connect to.

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
Eww. Made it to second page. Anyways, I think I definitely overshot this 100 slot vent. I'll downgrade it, but still keep it up for any purposes it may serve. This was just an idea which I thought had potential.

krynny

Smash Cadet
ok i just logged on, but no one was on. then again, it is 7am EST. ill try back later.

W.J

Smash Ace
Lol this was on SSBDC++ first lol, i put the smash ventrilo like last year, with shogun, bloodofthefallen, mrc and others, then expanded it to more hub members in like end of july / beginning of august, our ip is Smashvent.servegame.com port 5011 pw to the channel is melee =O

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I guess now I'll have more than one account on vent than just my WoW guild server.

Top Bottom