• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Marvel vs. DC

What type of game should this be?

• 2D

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Platform

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm assuming that Special moves are your Hadokens, Shoryukens, Tatsumaki Senpukyakus, etc., while Super moves are the more cinematic ones.

Job 4:

Superman specials:

-Heat Vision (a sweeping eye beam that travels across the ground, like in the Injustice games)
-Super Breath (freezes the opponent, like the powered-up version in the Injustice games)
-a flying punch that launches Superman across the screen, giving him an option for mobility)

Iron Man specials:

-Unibeam (like in Marvel vs. Capcom)
-Jet Uppercut (an anti-air similar to a Shoryuken)
-Laser Cascade (uses a spinning laser attack similar to Iron Man 2, though with shorter range, as a "get off me" tool)

Job 5: MCU/DCEU characters

Black Panther:

To say that the MCU version of the Black Panther made an impact is an understatement. While he tragically might not be as prominent going forward, his legacy will live on in the MCU, and I feel like he definitely needs to be in this at some point. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite gives a template, though so much more can be done with the character - Vibranium daggers, a counter move where his suit absorbs energy from enemy attacks, etc.

Shazam

Also known as Captain Marvel (if the game has interactions at the start of matches, maybe there could be a reference to that), Shazam is a mix of the awesome power of Superman and the wish-fulfillment of Robin - a young boy named Billy Batson who transforms into a grown man with the power of various gods and mythological figures (and King Solomon) when he says "Shazam". He proved to be so popular that DC sued Fawcett Publications for ripping off Superman - there were plenty of imitators, but Captain Marvel was the only one that was outselling the original. The Shazam movie is a bright spot in the DCEU - light-hearted and funny, it proved to be a success for that cinematic universe. (shame that Henry Cavill couldn't actually make a cameo in it)

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Marvel: Red Skull
79742877-5313-41C8-A67E-720EA72FB42C.jpeg

Red Skull is one of Marvel’s most iconic villains and one of Captain America’s worst enemies. Red Skull is known as one of the main leaders of Hydra, an evil organization that continues to leave it’s mark in the comics and the MCU. Red Skull seems to keep returning after his first appearance in Captain America: The First Avenger. He went on to appear in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers Endgame, and even in the latest MCU series, What If?…. Red Skull could use a pistol, Hydra technology, and the Tesseract (AKA Cosmic Cube) in a moveset.

DC: King Shark
DAF0FADB-B530-48B6-AA38-62788300B3BC.jpeg

King Shark is one of DC’s most iconic villains and member of the Suicide Squad. He is basically a half human half shark creature, he would have abilities of a shark and a human. In the Suicide Squad, he really left his mark on the DCEU with every scene he was in.

AlRex

Smash Lord
71DE3BAB-6980-4E6A-B927-ED4F1CE63CB2.jpeg

I’ll submit Rocket Raccoon & Groot, since Guardians of the Galaxy was such a break-out series for the MCU. Can sort of take after MVCI, as well as Mortal Kombat’s Ferra & Torr, with a small Rocket Raccon riding on top of Groot’s shoulders, using sci-fi weaponry and traps while Groot uses his extensive limbs and tree growth for many of the main attacks, along with some tag team attacks utilizing both.

A53F0724-3FD8-40D1-BF14-CBB3DF4A1088.jpeg

For a DCEU-prominent character, a lot of good options have been chosen. I suppose Black Canary works well enough, being prominent in multiple DC teams like the JLA, JSA, and Birds of Prey, and being a skilled hand-to-hand combatant with a unique power of sonic-screaming, which could be expanded upon further.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I will submit

Thor

Thor has some of the most popular movies and is one of the most popular characters helped with his MCU Incarnation

And I will also submit

Bloodsport

He is an Expert assassin and a great marksman, Bloodsport is the leader of the main team in The Suicide Squad

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Marvel
1.Black Panther
2.Thor
3.Rocket & Groot

DC
1.Shazam
2.Black Canary
3.King Shark

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Marvel:
1. Thor
2. Black Panther
3. Rocket and Groot

DC
1. Harley Quinn
2. Black Canary
3. Shazam

D

Deleted member

I'll only do Black Panther as I don't know enough about Shazam to choose a stage for him.

City of Wakanda:
This stage would take part in a main street of the city.
There would be kids playing in the really far background, we will be able to see Wakandian ships flying in the background and really close to the fighting zone the Dora Milaje and other members of the Wakanda security force will be watching the fights take place.

The stage transition would take the opponent flying either into the Vibranium mines or the King throne room. At the King throne room we would see Shuri standing close to the throne and more Dora Milaje watching over the fighters. Killmonger can appear from time to time and he looks at the fight with a really serious look.

The Vibranium mines have a lot of devices which are being used to extract the mineral and send It above to the city.
Klaw and M'Baku will appear from time to time, attempting to steal the vibranium in the mines but failing due to the security systems.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I did not realize how restrictive this job would be, we will be adding Wakanda as a stage.

Job 6

Submit a stage that is relevant in the DCEU

Job 7

Submit Batman and Captain America's Supers

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I did not realize how restrictive this job would be, we will be adding Wakanda as a stage.

Job 6

Submit a stage that is relevant in the DCEU

Job 7

Submit Batman and Captain America's Supers
Sorry about that; I would have responded yesterday, but I didn't have internet access for most of the day.

Job 6: Atlantis

Taking place in a glass tunnel or some other air-filled building under the water (since not many characters would be able to survive underwater), the lost city of Atlantis is home to Aquaman. (not to be confused with Marvel's Atlantis, though if crossover content is allowed in stages, then maybe Attuma, or Namor if he's not playable, could make cameos in the background) The Injustice games already have stages for Atlantis, which could make for a good template to work from.

Job 7: Supers

Batman: Evening the Odds

Batman throws a smoke bomb at the ground to blind the opponent, and the Batmobile drives through the smoke, ramming into the opponent and knocking them into the air. Batman is launched out of the Batmobile due to an ejector seat, grabbing his opponent on his way down in order to slam them into the ground.

Captain America: One-Man Army

An extended cinematic melee combo which involves kicks, acrobatics, hitting people with his shield, and throwing the shield to have it bounce off of the other character, similar to his level 3 super from Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, or this scene from the comics.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Atlantis wins by default!

Job 8

How should arcade mode be handled?

The 2 game modes we have so far are standard battles and Arcade, How should the arcade mode work?

D

Deleted member

I feel that the arcade Mode should take inspiration from Street Fighter X Tekken.

After choosing a character, you will get an introductory cutscene which puts the character into the events of the arcade Mode, and after that you will have some battles with a minigame in the middle (maybe breaking a vehicle or seeing how far away you can throw something).
Then before the final Boss (whose identity we could work out at a later job), we get a rival Battle with another character who shares similarities to the one we are using (for example, if you choose Batman the rival is Iron Man and viceversa).

And of course after beating the final Boss we would get an aftermath cutscene, as It tends to be.

D

Deleted member

Marvel:
1.Loki
2.Carnage

DC:
1.The Flash
2.Martian Manhunter

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would have nominated someone, but I really want Dr. Doom to be in here, and I couldn't think of any Marvel villain that I'd want in as badly. (maybe Magneto)

Marvel:

1. Dr. Doom
2. Mysterio

DC:

1. Martian Manhunter
2. The Flash

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 9

Marvel Villain
Mysterio @Jotadé 2
Dr. Doom Schnee117 Schnee117 6
Loki keleyeemoh keleyeemoh 4
Carnage evanwoo10 evanwoo10 3

DC Hero
John Stewart (Green Lantern) @Jotadé 3
Barry Allen (The Flash) Schnee117 Schnee117 6
Nightwing keleyeemoh keleyeemoh
Martian Manhunter evanwoo10 evanwoo10 6

DC Hero Tiebreaker

Job 10

Submit a Mechanic that would involve non-playable characters

This job would involve submitting something that would involve collecting or interacting with Non-playable characters, This could be something like Trophies from Smash, Special Assist characters or a special battle mode.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 10: Back Issues

Similar to trophies in Smash Bros., these take the form of collectibles that can alternate between comic covers and model viewers, with a profile of the character on the side. (it could be something like X/Square to swap between the character model and the comic cover, or Y/Triangle to zoom in or out, with the zoomed out version having the profile on the side of the screen) The comics can be ones where the character first appeared (for example, Action Comics #1 for Superman) or ones where they're featured prominently on the cover (for example, Immortal Hulk #1 for the Hulk).

If we're including alternate costumes (for example, Joe Fixit for the Hulk, or bearded Aquaman), they could have their own separate cover associated with them. For NPCs, they'd just have a static model, like how trophies are handled, but if an NPC becomes playable whenever we get to DLC (assuming that's going to happen at some point), then their playable version could have a different cover associated with them. (it's not like there's a shortage to choose from)

There could even be covers that don't have model viewers connected to them, which serve as a summary of certain key events like Civil War or the Killing Joke. Say that someone is really big into DC, but they haven't followed Marvel so they don't understand the "Civil War" comments when Captain America and Iron Man are on opposite teams, or why Dr. Strange talks about shooting the Hulk into space. Having a short summary of the event could clarify it for people who are fans of one property but not the other - it's not perfect (a summary won't do a full event justice), but it would give people some idea of what's being referenced.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Back Issues will be Added

Job 11

Submit Wolverine and Wonder Woman's Supers

Job 12

Submit a Marvel stage related to Mutants and Submit a DC Stage related to the Justice League

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For a Justice League stage, I'm going to submit the Hall of Justice, which was used in the Superfriends cartoon. (I'm trying to avoid submitting something that I submitted before if possible)

For an X-Men stage, I'll submit Krakoa, which is used as the home of the X-Men in Jonathan Hickman's ongoing run.

In regards to super moves for Wonder Woman and Wolverine, I'm not sure, but I can try to come up with something.

Wolverine: What I Do

Wolverine leaps into the air, swinging his claws in an X motion. If he connects, a cinematic plays where he lands on top of the opponent, and it goes into a point-of-view shot from the opponent's perspective, where he slashes at them over and over as the screen fades to black. Visuals suddenly return as Wolverine lets out a snarl and tosses them away.

Wonder Woman: Great Hera!

A melee combo similar to her Injustice 2 super, where she pulls the opponent in with the Lasso of Truth, smacks them into the air with her shield, and throws the shield at them before leaping into the air to punch the opponent to the ground. Instead of ending the combo by stabbing her weapons into them (that suits the darker take on Wonder Woman from Injustice, but I'm not sure how well it would work for a traditional Wonder Woman), she could fly downwards with super-speed, ramming the opponent into the ground.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Eson the Searcher

Considering that previous Marvel fighting game bosses have included Apocalypse, Onslaught, and Galactus, I figure that the boss here would need to be something on that level. The Celestials are ancient cosmic beings which have influenced Earth's history, responsible for genetic deviations that led to mutants, Eternals, and Deviants.

After thousands of years, the Celestials arrive on planets that they have experimented on to judge the results and determine if life on the planet should survive or not. Ancient, unknowable, and prone to annihilating worlds that don't live up to their standards, it seems like a Celestial would work well for an arcade mode boss - he's here to destroy the world (whatever brought the Marvel and DC universes together likely messed up the Celestials' experiments somehow), and he doesn't need much in the way of characterization.

Last edited:
Top Bottom