• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So i get in trouble for showing my friends this site?
Got it ._.

vorx

Smash Rookie
i have a question about levels, when someone makes a level as you go to save there is an option to send. does this mean you can send levels to people on your friends list? if so that would mean we could trade levels that way right?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
i have a question about levels, when someone makes a level as you go to save there is an option to send. does this mean you can send levels to people on your friends list? if so that would mean we could trade levels that way right?
I believe you can send a stage to someone if you have exchanged both your brawl friend codes and wii friend codes.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm trying to send a visitor message to someone, but it doesn't seem to work. I changed my options to enable visiting messages and not limit from noncontacts/mods. I'm fairly certain he has done the same. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

arch knight

Smash Lord
It depends on your post count in order to use that privilege. Its mostly used to prevent people from making random accounts to spam or harass others out of anger or spite.

I would say about a 80 posts should allow you to post on someones page.

arch knight

Smash Lord
A bit ironic because one of you two is in IBWC (Who are the people supposed to be answering) and one isn't. (Hint:
You aren't
)
Ironically i was in the IBWC but passed my job down to Prometheus when i left for military. So i can still speak freely and above all else im not one to follow all the rules >.>

Black Star

Smash Cadet
Well, i needed posts before i was actually able to leave messages on my friend's profile. Maybe that will help you :D

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'm trying to send a visitor message to someone, but it doesn't seem to work. I changed my options to enable visiting messages and not limit from noncontacts/mods. I'm fairly certain he has done the same. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?
I posted the answer to this a page back...Mic_128 says there is a minimum, but the amount is not disclosed to the general populous here.

So, accumulate your posts and you'll get to enabling them. Don't spam post though, you could get an infraction for that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What Kazoo said.

And PLEASE if you're not a member of the IBWC or a mod, refrain from answering questions.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
now that my premium membership is expired, if I were to change user groups woulda I lose my custom title? .

ie would it go back to whatever 4k posts is? or would it only change when I reach 5k almost like it reset to default?

Frown

poekmon
now that my premium membership is expired, if I were to change user groups woulda I lose my custom title? .

ie would it go back to whatever 4k posts is? or would it only change when I reach 5k almost like it reset to default?
Yes, in order to keep your custom title, you can't change to another usergroup.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
It's an annoying technical limitation rather than policy, though, so if you change your group and your title disappears you can post in Forum Support and request it back. (Just try to keep things within reason, because then someone has to manually change it for you.)

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
This is more of a technical administration question (nobody needs to answer if they feel the information is better kept to the staff). I really enjoy exploring websites particularly this one because I have roots with this site. Anyway, I realized that this site doesn't have a robots.txt file in the root directory (maybe not even at all?). I looked it up and while there's nothing bad with that, I read that having one would be able to save bandwidth by preventing search engines from indexing particularly useless files such as pictures. Just curious, because I realize that 90% of forum is publicly accessible anyway.

GandaKris

Smash Rookie
Hey I cant upload any picture to one of my albums is there a problem or does it just take too long lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It's an annoying technical limitation rather than policy, though, so if you change your group and your title disappears you can post in Forum Support and request it back. (Just try to keep things within reason, because then someone has to manually change it for you.)
thanks, tis very kind.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
We can upload .bin files again/now?
That was broke for a while, right?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It depends.

Signatures should not be longer than your post. If they are, a mod can slam you with a signature violation. Make sure that your signature isn't bigger than your actual post - and that goes horizontally and vertically. So yeah, if you post two lines, and your sig is eight lines, that's a no-no too.

400x125 is the general size for sigs, especially image sigs, if I remember correctly.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
It depends.

Signatures should not be longer than your post. If they are, a mod can slam you with a signature violation. Make sure that your signature isn't bigger than your actual post - and that goes horizontally and vertically. So yeah, if you post two lines, and your sig is eight lines, that's a no-no too.

400x125 is the general size for sigs, especially image sigs, if I remember correctly.
what are those measurements in? :O

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hmm I had a custom title but it seems to have reset itself back to the default, without my doing. Does that happen after a set time?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hmm I had a custom title but it seems to have reset itself back to the default, without my doing. Does that happen after a set time?
I believe this is the answer you seek.

Top Bottom