• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
When this is happening to you, it's most likely happening to everyone else as well. It's a server error that most of us can't do much about.
ok thanks. but do u have any tips about my other problem? (whenever i open up smashboards on my dad's computer, it wont load past the user blogs section.)

Frown

poekmon
ok thanks. but do u have any tips about my other problem? (whenever i open up smashboards on my dad's computer, it wont load past the user blogs section.)
Sounds to me like you're having connection problems. If your internet connection is generally bad on your dad's computer, that's probably the cause.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, whenever I access like a general subforum which shows the threads, it doesn't work and says it's a bad gateway. help?

WIDL

We Are Born
I guess I can ask here:

Is it possible to make a slight change in username? I'd really like to remove one of the i's in my username, thus making my username "Widl" and not "Wiidl". I do think Widl is available, and it's my nametag and username pretty much everywhere. :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hey yeah can someone fix my post bits? The normal pokeball and the premium ball post bits are missing from my thing and I was wondering if anyone could fix it

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
can i see a list of the infractions ive received? i used to be able to but now i cant

maybe its just the new skin..

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I noticed a bug...

When I entered my livestream into the tournament calendar so it would show up in todays livestreams, for some reason it displays the time to be 4 hours earlier than I inputted in the tournament calendar. For example, I am streaming from 7-11 but it shows up as 3-7, and I did not choose the wrong time zone. This was not a problem just a couple months ago when I used the calendar.

In order to workaround I picked a time zone 4 hours behind mine, and it should show up properly now.

I just alerted Bionic, but IDK how busy he is. Please fix!! =DDD

:phone:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Why has my post count stayed at one?

I joined last summer, but only recently became an active, posting member of this community. I have something around a dozen posts in the last couple of days, but it stays at 1. I searched "posts" in the FAQ with no mention of post count updating, what might the issue be?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Certain sections of the boards (like social forums of regional zones and forum games) do not contribute to post count, due to the nature of post content and frequency of posts there.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I noticed a bug...

When I entered my livestream into the tournament calendar so it would show up in todays livestreams, for some reason it displays the time to be 4 hours earlier than I inputted in the tournament calendar. For example, I am streaming from 7-11 but it shows up as 3-7, and I did not choose the wrong time zone. This was not a problem just a couple months ago when I used the calendar.

In order to workaround I picked a time zone 4 hours behind mine, and it should show up properly now.

I just alerted Bionic, but IDK how busy he is. Please fix!! =DDD

:phone:
Someone want to help??

NNID
Budget_Player
How do we get a tournament livestream up on the "Today's Live Streams" box? We're gonna have a very active stream for the Brawl in Berlin 2 tournament (we're doing pools at the moment, it's a fairly large european international) going on today, and I have no idea who to talk to about it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
How do we get a tournament livestream up on the "Today's Live Streams" box? We're gonna have a very active stream for the Brawl in Berlin 2 tournament (we're doing pools at the moment, it's a fairly large european international) going on today, and I have no idea who to talk to about it.
Add your tournament to the tournament calendar if your havent already. Then at the bottom of the page that lets you edit/add details, there is a place for a livestream link. Add it there. The problem is that the time is desynced, so you may have to manually adjust that to be -4 hours of when it really is.

Lmessi24

Smash Rookie
Hey I recently joined this site, though I've been visiting to get better at the game. What's the fastest way to get friend codes to play people online with?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
That would be the Smashboards Arena. Just request you are looking to Brawl and you should get some responses shortly. Also good job finding out how to add your FC to your postbit. :)

Lmessi24

Smash Rookie
Thanks, also is there something that indicates when someone replied to your post. I have a tendency of opening tabs and forgetting what I was doing, or exploring other parts of the site. :(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So how do you make it so your avatar shows up as transparent? I turned mine transparent and I upload it to an image hosting site and it is still transparent, but then when I upload it here it has a white background

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Make it the size you want it to be, so that it doesn't get resized.

So, if you want your avatar to be 100x100, make it that size. If your image is, say 150x150, when it gets resized, the transparency disappears.

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
ok... so, my email was hacked recently. the hacker changed the password AND email address to my old account. is there anything i can do at all to get my old account or am i SOL? the username was "Big Boss" plain, without the quotation marks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Does anyone remember the total amount of stickers there are in brawl? I'm trying to complete the challenge. :p

Also, a number of trophies would be appreciated :p

gammacable

Smash Rookie
Could someone please help me learn how to get around on this site? (If it's ok, I'd like someone to actually message me or something, but I will settle for an answer on this forum)

Frown

poekmon
Could someone please help me learn how to get around on this site? (If it's ok, I'd like someone to actually message me or something, but I will settle for an answer on this forum)
The descriptions of the forums on the main page will probably help you out. Are you looking for anything specific?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i would like to know if this is the right question thread to ask technical questions?
if so
could someone tell me if you can Bdacus out of shieldstun?

example would be if falco shielded (not powershield) marth's tippered forward smash
could he Buffer a dacus out of shield stun to hit marth?

Frown

poekmon
i would like to know if this is the right question thread to ask technical questions?
if so
could someone tell me if you can Bdacus out of shieldstun?

example would be if falco shielded (not powershield) marth's tippered forward smash
could he Buffer a dacus out of shield stun to hit marth?
This thread is for questions regarding the site. You should visit this thread instead: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266590

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Why, may I ask, is the Premium membership currently not available? Do you have a guesstimate as to when they will be back?

Also, and this is purely out of curiosity, is there a thread which lists the reasons for all of the name colors, as well as the icons below the avatar? (for example, yours is green.)

Top Bottom