• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Survey

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Just filled it in. I think bringing reputation back will help plenty here. Oh, and getting rid of the ads and making the brass a little more transparent @ times. Just my two cents.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Rep system would be amazing.

Forgot about that idea completely.

Also. Using a vB Portal to help bring news of tourneys and events to players and making smashboards homepage that portal would be amazing.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Also. Using a vB Portal to help bring news of tourneys and events to players and making smashboards homepage that portal would be amazing.
+1 to this idea as well

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
IIRC, we had rep here awhile ago (I have a different account name that I used to use, registered Dec. 2004 I think), and it had to be removed because it was abused and just a popularity contest that no one needed to see. It wasn't used as we might want it to be: "wow, this is an excellent post by *educatedsmashersnamehere*, +1."

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Which is why you pull an SRK and impose criteria to help with that.

Durp.
Twenty times this. And, as for this:

IIRC, we had rep here awhile ago (I have a different account name that I used to use, registered Dec. 2004 I think), and it had to be removed because it was abused and just a popularity contest that no one needed to see. It wasn't used as we might want it to be: "wow, this is an excellent post by *educatedsmashersnamehere*, +1."
Yes, there was a rep system here. The reason why it got removed is because people complained about getting negative rep all the time, so the authorities removed it. Source.

I really feel that members on here should have a bearing on where they stand with others. Transparency is a wonderful thing. I shouldn't have to ask a Senator, Super Mod, or Admin to shop my name around to see what others think on the quality of my posts. If rep were available, I would be getting this information from the people I communicate with on here, the best people to get it from.

*Steps off soapbox*

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Some new themes would be great! (Some that are little less...uh...dark....I dont really like the black backgrounds...)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
god my rep woudl be awful if we ahd it

Forum awards would be cool.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
god my rep woudl be awful if we ahd it

Forum awards would be cool.
Rep actually makes people think before they post. What's not to like? :)

Forum awards can't be done anymore due to server space or something along those lines.

Yeah, I'd hype for some new skins. Think about it.... burnt orange. >.>
The authorities have a few more skins that will be released soon iirc.

bobson

Smash Lord
I really feel that members on here should have a bearing on where they stand with others. Transparency is a wonderful thing. I shouldn't have to ask a Senator, Super Mod, or Admin to shop my name around to see what others think on the quality of my posts. If rep were available, I would be getting this information from the people I communicate with on here, the best people to get it from.
Repped you -1 for disagreeing with me.

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
I did the survey.
Eh... pretty banal i must say

An award system would be cool...

but you know what would be even cooler?

A place to track all the matches (official) you did with other members (Track all rules, stage, characters played, and items if any)
There could be a place that says 'insert replay'. But you wouldnt have to.
Also there would be a description box saying what happened
There would just be a part with a bold outline of the match, like what i said in parentheses
It would be like youtube on smashboards :/

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
Which is why you pull an SRK and impose criteria to help with that.

Durp.
I don't play SF/Capcom games and so I don't frequent SRK, but what kinds of criteria manage rep effectively?

I like the idea of rep, it can be both fun and effective, but I'm just curious as to the kinds of criteria that will prevent abuse that happened when we previously had rep.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
First off, this is absolutely not anything against UTD Zac (NM social Mod), or any other moderator, just the policy in general.

I personally believe that the moderation needs to be lessened quite a bit. Within the New Mexico thread for example, we all know and spend time with each other pretty often IRL. If we say something terrible within the boards, we will have real reprecussions. There isn't postcount, so spam is only good to annoy the other users. Because it is a community of people that know each other, we act as self moderating. I can understand if someone from another state/region comes in and starts causing problems (which can be reported), then a moderator might be important, but barring that, they should be left alone. It doesn't really make people happy when we get in trouble for things that didn't have any relevant impact on anyone when it just brakes minor site policy or the mod doesn't like it.

Basically, I believe that regional/social needs to e left well enough alone, because they are by and large self moderated.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't play SF/Capcom games and so I don't frequent SRK, but what kinds of criteria manage rep effectively?

I like the idea of rep, it can be both fun and effective, but I'm just curious as to the kinds of criteria that will prevent abuse that happened when we previously had rep.

Um. IIRC, on SRK, you needed a premium member ship, x amount of posts and/or needed to be a member of the site for y amount of time.

It's a combination of those 3 with the premie being a MUST.

bobson

Smash Lord
Just look at the topic. It appears as if they are actually going to make the site better now.
It appears. You must also take into account that they've directly said that they're going to fix things before and then never done anything.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

Just look at the topic. It appears as if they are actually going to make the site better now.
Yeah, but...

It appears. You must also take into account that they've directly said that they're going to fix things before and then never done anything.
I will give them a fair chance to see what they improve on. Bobson's take is really what happens most of the time IMHO. MLG, make me proud. No pressure. ;)

Basically, I believe that regional/social needs to e left well enough alone, because they are by and large self moderated.
I'd beg to differ. I can't even bear to be in my RZ social (Gents Club) these days because people spam like mad. It's there to help people socialize, but not to spam like mad. As for being self moderated...I thought we were against people trying to mini-mod? :confused:

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'd beg to differ. I can't even bear to be in my RZ social (Gents Club) these days because people spam like mad. It's there to help people socialize, but not to spam like mad. As for being self moderated...I thought we were against people trying to mini-mod? :confused:
Not mini modding. If you are a prick to someone you know online, there will be real life concequences, at least in every community I've ever been in.

does your social have postcount? because f not, I'm honestly clueless as to why you would spam in there.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Not mini modding. If you are a prick to someone you know online, there will be real life concequences, at least in every community I've ever been in.

does your social have postcount? because f not, I'm honestly clueless as to why you would spam in there.
No postcount for our social room. No, I don't spam there. Also, your statement about being a pr*ck to someone: I would beg to differ. Some people I know in the South have some pretty split personalities.

You can't give MLG a chance, they do whatever the hell they want.

I'm just happy that anything is happening at all.
Duly noted.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Only 14 questions? Really?

I'll gladly answer a 100 question interview just to improve these boards.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Only 14 questions? Really?

I'll gladly answer a 100 question interview just to improve these boards.
People have short attention spans, so that may have been a tad bit unreasonable though.

I feel you though: Wouldn't mind it much either...

Handorin

Smash Hero
Atl South/Gents Club is ridiculous. They post questionable (sometimes more than) content all the time. When I got to the questions about how the moderation of my most frequented forum is (Gents Club), I laughed. Is it good enough? Not really, but I rated it well because we make do. xD It's really hard for us to mod there because there is so much.

That being said, I don't enjoy it when a mod from outside our region comes in and does stuff when it isn't something major and makes a big deal out of it (well, not necessarily the mod, but the normal viewers).

Also, forum awards were amazing. It's a pity MLG won't cooperate with us at the moment for them to happen. I think we just needed to access part of the server or something.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That being said, I don't enjoy it when a mod from outside our region comes in and does stuff when it isn't something major and makes a big deal out of it (well, not necessarily the mod, but the normal viewers).
Probably those are the mods sections like that need. Once the mod is friends of people in there = bad. Like someone mentioned before, irl buddies don't get the same treatment. Having an unknown mod cleaning (the right) stuff from the room is better than having a mod that's playing buddy-buddy with the majority.

Top Bottom