• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

nessokman

Smash Lord
image.jpg
characters and a stage we've already seen. But at night.sakurai got me to stay up all night excited after yesterday's awesome stage just to disappoint me. Time to sleep...

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I dunno, i think this image is kinda cool. Seeing the Villager throwing pits arrow back at him, its gonna be so fun playing as him.

though im curious, if/when Zelda/Sheik are announced ... how would he get his hands on Zeldas Dins Fire? its a projectile that you hold while it travels, releasing till it explodes. also, what would happen when intercepting sheiks Needle Storm? would he just only catch the first one and take damage from the others following behind it? or would he some how catch them all at once?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I dunno, i think this image is kinda cool. Seeing the Villager throwing pits arrow back at him, its gonna be so fun playing as him.

though im curious, if/when Zelda/Sheik are announced ... how would he get his hands on Zeldas Dins Fire? its a projectile that you hold while it travels, releasing till it explodes. also, what would happen when intercepting sheiks Needle Storm? would he just only catch the first one and take damage from the others following behind it? or would he some how catch them all at once?
I hope that the Villager at least can't hold onto projectiles forever. People would yell OP until the cows came home.

Ryan.

Smash Lord

I'm really hoping Zelda is announced soon!

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I hope that the Villager at least can't hold onto projectiles forever. People would yell OP until the cows came home.

Sakurai has already shown/said he can hold on to the projectile for as long as he wants, throwing it at any time (unless he gets K.O.ed I presume). He can also grab items to stow away for later use, and in the mean time hold another item in his hand. When it comes to Din's Fire, when he catches it I'm sure he can just throw it in a straight line. If you recall, Pit can control his arrow mid-flight, and I don't see any of that happening on Villager's end - in the picture at least.

I can pretty much guarantee he won't be OP. From his move-set so far, the only two powerful attacks are chopping down the tree (which takes about as long to accomplish as it did to plant a mine with Snake in Brawl), and the bowling ball which only hits people directly below you. Sakurai will balance him, for instance, maybe making the projectiles he throws back weaker than the original.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Maybe I just forgot about how it looked in Brawl, but I'm really liking the design of Pit's bow there. This game has a much more charming design than Brawl so far! Really loving what seems to be a mix between Melee and Brawl's artistic capabilities!

I personally don't mind these 'picture updates' as at least it's better than nothing. I don't want another Brawl Dojo, that just spoiled too much for me.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Maybe I just forgot about how it looked in Brawl, but I'm really liking the design of Pit's bow there. This game has a much more charming design than Brawl so far! Really loving what seems to be a mix between Melee and Brawl's artistic capabilities!

I personally don't mind these 'picture updates' as at least it's better than nothing. I don't want another Brawl Dojo, that just spoiled too much for me.
Looks pretty much the same to me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't mind the picture updates, if its something like what we got today and yesterday. A picture can show us many things about the game's engine and how moves interact with each other.

I wonder if The Villager can pocket the smashball...

I also wonder if he can be hit hard enough to drop the item he is holding.

FWIW, his Dsmash also looks pretty good, as long as its not as poorly designed as sing (never safe on hit). I can imagine that being a real pain to get hit by.

I think it would be cool if pit's alternate colors came with different bows from Uprising.

nessokman

Smash Lord
The bow being the palutena bow. I used to use it in uprising, but then , everything changed when the fire nation attacked...

In just gonna stay up till 2 this morning and check the pic in the morning

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I just realized that. You're right.
Yea, so far all the pictures we've gotten shows only 3 pikmin at a time ... maybe they are doing this because of the 3DS's hardware limitations? the 3DS version cant halde more than 3 pikmin, so the WiiU version is limited to only three so they will play the same?

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Yea, so far all the pictures we've gotten shows only 3 pikmin at a time ... maybe they are doing this because of the 3DS's hardware limitations? the 3DS version cant halde more than 3 pikmin, so the WiiU version is limited to only three so they will play the same?

This is a maybe, but I doubt it. They would still play the same if you got like three more Pikmin on the Wii U. More likely, if you recall, three is how many Pikmin you start with at the beginning of a match (before you get K.O.ed). Technically, the Olimar character only has three Pikmin, pulling extra ones is an attack - a special move.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
well Sakurai did say that because of the 3DS's limitations, characters would have their move sets changed in both versions so they will play the same on the 3DS and WiiU version. So I wouldn't be supprised if Olimar being limited to only 3 pikmin at a time is one of those changes.

but we will just have to wait and see.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
3 is too little and, while I'm sure almost everyone who's played brawl competitively would love (me being one of them), would ruin Olimar's Tether recovery drastically. That's too big of a nerf when the main problem with him is his ability to pluck 2 pikmin in a second, invincibility from whistle, his Upsmash OoS, throwing pikmin all he needs to do to tack on 40-90% and kill with purple pikmin, and his Smash attacks being too fast.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
When you win a match in Brawl it shows the same 3 pikmin and only those pikmin. I'm thinking he can still have 6, but no way right now to know for sure. Maybe Sakurai is messing with us haha, I probably would. :rolleyes:

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Well, I really hope Olimar doesn't lose the ability to have more than 3 Pikmin. I feel like it would be an unnecessary cut to his character. I kind of like how this discussion changes every day. It gives me something new to talk and think about every day without having to leave this discussion. Haha. ;)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't mind Olimar having 6 Pikmin on stage...

As long as they can be taken out as easily as Samus is doing here. By jabbing them. :D (I also pray that a charged shot ploughs through them instead of getting wasted on the FIRST Pikmin in line).

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
maybe when being knocked off, instead of rainbow color explosions, the explosions are based off the primary color of their outfits?

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand.

It's Samus and Link getting launched, probably after a Final Smash. You can tell they've been launched because Link is bent over as if hit in the stomach and Samus's legs are bent back as if hit in the back. Most likely, instead of the standardized blueish streaks every launch the characters leave streaks of their primary color (as stated above) - this would correlate with the color coordination for each fighter on the website.
Also, although it may be a coincidence, I noticed the striking resemblance to the three gods/spirits at the beginning of Ocarina of Time
5927623_f248.jpg

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Samus doesn's look like she's being knocked off though.

Also... does anyone miss when we would get TWO Dojo updates? Rarely happened, but it was awesome when it did. Right about now, I wish it had been double. :D Oh well...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Sakurai mentioned 'customization'. Perhaps we'll be able to customize the color of our blast lines?

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Samus' color on the website is dark blue, not red, and the tone of Link's green is much lighter on the dojo. I don't think the color of the website has anything to do with the color of the KO

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Heres a screenshot from the developer direct with sakurai. Samus was just launched by wft. Also, I think that the color is dependent on player number but idk

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
The purpose of the color is to show who got the knockback, according to Sakurai on Miiverse.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Not gonna lie, I honestly thought the picture was of Mario and Luigi's fireballs flying through the air.

Silly mistakes. I do like how the colors are implemented into KOs now though.

Top Bottom