• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers are Too Good @ MvC3

clowsui

Smash Legend
a couple weeks ago at PowerUp, a national, NerdJosh T5'd with his pocket Morrigan-Doom that he probably picked up the week of the tournament. he was making mistakes to the point where the commentators would literally point out his apparent lack of experience with Morrigan. in what non-fraudulent fighting game does someone T5 a national despite making several glaring mistakes with their character?
when omg itz andre makes it to top 8...

then you know that marvel tournament might not be valid LOLLLLL

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
LOL every one hates on Andre

I wouldn't even consider that major considering it didn't have many heavy hitters. Aside from ChrisG, Noel Brown, NerdJosh, Dieminion, and Andre, no one else was there.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
meep is really good and i like his character choice lol. we both played ic's in melee/barlw and now we both play x-23 and iron fist

except i don't play them on the same team lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Meep has fallen to the dark side, and runs zero now, I can't be down with him anymore

And YO, those andre comments SLAYED me yo.
:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I hope hax is watching civil war right now.

cause morrigan doom just got bopped by haggar. theres a bunch of people running it right now, because its a good team, but nobody is going to have nearly the success that Chris G has because Chris is just a better player than everyone else who copies him AND the vast majority of people he plays against

and by comp do you mean composition, as in my team?

its in the OP.

Hax

Smash Champion
scrub morrigan-doom loses 15 - -5 matchup

hax has been proven wrong

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Thats actually the point. If the team was really THAT good/the matchup THAT bad, any random scrub could just show up, pick the team and never lose to haggar/wolverine/anycharacter that struggles against zoning.

Clearly that is not the case. Which means that despite the team being strong, it is not strong enough to overcome ones deficiencies as a player. And that the real reason that Chris G does so well is because he himself is a fantastic, near broken player, and not because the team itself is broken.

Also, as a quick aside, ammy does quite well against that team due to her ability to reflect projectiles and stay in the air for an extended period of time via air dashes and weapon switches.

Hax

Smash Champion
Ammy does absolutely nothing to Morrigan w/ a get off me assist such as Akuma. it goes through her reflector, and then she loses to soul fist hell

you literally just said that a character falls into one of two categories: broken to the point where a noob can pick him/her up and beat the best in the world, or not broken. if it were that simple, we wouldn't be having an argument...

when i call a character braindead, i don't mean you can pick him/her, put your controller down and watch the work be done for you. when i call a character broken, i don't mean someone who's never played the game can choose him/her and beat the world's best. a scrub morrigan losing to a haggar doesn't disprove anything i said about the matchup being 10-0.

this ****ing website..

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, but saying that Morrigan/Doom 10-0's nearly everyone and nearly every combination in the game is also a bit far-fetched, Hax.

Smooth Criminal

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when i call a character braindead, i don't mean you can pick him/her, put your controller down and watch the work be done for you. when i call a character broken, i don't mean someone who's never played the game can choose him/her and beat the world's best. a scrub morrigan losing to a haggar doesn't disprove anything i said about the matchup being 10-0.
you need to fix your definitions of those terms then. Once you do, youll understand why you are wrong.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dieminion is the reason everyone on the EC thinks strange is trash lol

Bronson (the dude from cross assault?) plays marvel?

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
So... How bout that firebrand?

And why aren't more people talking about how bs taskmaster is?

Firebrand has a lot of movement tools and an unblockable set-up on incoming characters, however; he only does small damage.

Taskmaster? Not really BS... I think his pressure game, frame trap, and his shield charge into that command throw are pretty good. I find it annoying that he can make shield charge so safe -_-. however, I think the character is under utilize. He is many tools and does a lot of damage but still isn't considered a top tier... why? Iono lol someone else can answer it. But its probably cause he has the same pattern of mix-ups so it is easy to block them.

NNID
Budget_Player
How the heck does an unblockable setup work against aerial opponents? O.o

And why aren't more people talking about how bs taskmaster is?

He's not broken, I don't think. He's just got really good supers.

On a not completely unrelated note: can anyone find the Skullgirls Grand Finals from Civil War 4? I can't, and I wanna see 'em. Bad.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Pink, the set-up pretty much involves you doing a combo with Firebrand that leads into a snap-back so you can repeat the unblockable on the other characters. Rinse and repeat until all of the characters are dead.

It's pretty awesome but it's very hard to do.

Smooth Criminal

Scatz

Smash Champion

FB is okay. With the ToD snapback loop he's got, he at least creates some danger. His issues is still damage as most times, landing a fireball or unblockable swoop is hard during mid-match. Only thing to give him slightly better damage while not losing much mobility is the ability to wall cling and immediately go straight into a fireball that leads into a free combo. It's just getting hit first...... >.<

TL?

Smash Ace
Can you get out of it with early-invinc supers like Hard Drive? If so, I wonder how many supers apply to that?
You can get out with hard drive or morrigan level 3. If I remember right, those are the only two. I've heard that getting hit by the assist in this setup can mess with the setup a bit.

TL?

Smash Ace
It's not a true infinite without a meter assist since he doesnt build a full bar before the resnap. But he builds a decent amount back, so if executed correctly, it can loop for a while. I might be wrong on some of this stuff since the last time I looked into it was a while ago, so there may be some new tech involved in the setup. But you're right, it is silly. :bee:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Getting hit by the assist can be adjusted on on reaction.

You can also use other assists besides meter gaining to extend your combo and make it meter positive, I know Cold Star can do that at least.

Missiles properly timed also lock down on the incoming char, so you don't even need to use that free *** Skrull.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Skrull's pretty godlike though with his random *** gimmicks. Doom is a better overall character though so if someone could make it work consistently, it'll better for them.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Zero
Viper
Vergil
Morrigan
maybe Wolvie

Wesker is not top 5. Most top players in MD agree with this (DJ Huoshen and Unkn0wn)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It depends how you look at it.

I'd say Viper is far from as good on assist or anchor spot. Same for Wolvie.
Wesker on the other hand can take every spot and be useful.

Also Dante should be in top5 buuut I haven't played this game in forever and stuff

Top Bottom