• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Two questions/remarks:

1. Is the stage list subject to change? I haven't seen KJ64 and RC legal in forever and whenever they were, so were stages like Mute City and Brinstar. Either way I think most of Europe runs with 6 stages now (5 starters, 1 CP), with the counterpick kind of rotating.

2. I don't think anyone is expecting you to host both Melee and Brawl on your own, Tonberry, but would a Brawl event be up for negotiation if you yourself don't have to do anything for it? If the space is there anyway and it might get people like M2K to come, it seems like a waste to make it a point to not have Brawl, but instead Street Fighter etc.

Also, if I end up going to this I'm willing to help out with whatever.

J03

Smash Master
Hey here in the UK we are trying to get as many people as possible to come, for that we need as cheap a flights as possible, what airlines/websites are you guys using for the cheapest flights?

all help appreciated :)

<3

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
also would we be flying to Oslo (Rygge) or Oslo (Torp)?
You are gonna wanna land at Oslo (Gardemoen) seeing as that is only 1 train stop away from where the tournament is. If Norwegian doesnt fly there i would strongly suggest paying a little ekstra to land there, it will make your trip a looooot easier.

Navntøsen

Smash Rookie
also would we be flying to Oslo (Rygge) or Oslo (Torp)?
Gardermoen is the closest airport. I think both Rygge and Torp is pretty far away.

Edit: Darkfrog beat me to it! But here's a map that shows how close Gardermoen and the venue is, compared to Torp and Rygge: clicky

Gardermoen and the venue is mark A and B, Rygge and Torp is C and D.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Yes, both Rygge and Torp are very far away, but if you got those two choices, I believe Torp is the best choice.

From Torp you need to take a bus to Oslo S(should be easy to find, after what I've heard), then you take the train towards Eidsvoll(~45 minutes) from there. You need to get off at Eidsvoll Verk, the train stop right after Oslo Airport(Gardermoen).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I've been asked by a by a person or two to come to this, and while I can't say anything with certainty I can say that I'm going to make this a priority if at all possible. =)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I guess the difference between Brawl and Street Fighter is that SF is a separate scene with their own setups and stuff. They can manage on their own. As someone said, Brawl is pretty much non-existant in Norway, and also in Sweden where I'm guessing many people will bring TVs and setups.
Also, a Brawl tournament at the same time *will* keep some players occupied elsewhere when they're needed at Melee. Not that many people will attend both Melee and SF.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
MORE THAN 110 ENTRANTS IN 24 HOURS. MAD HYPE!

LIST OF OFFICIAL TOs IS DONE.

List of entrants updated in main post(or first post). Will try to update once a day, if possible.

mayhem_

Smash Cadet
I am very much intrested, but I probably won't be able to attend this since I have to go to army in early july and it is pretty much impossible to get a weekend off so early... :/

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I wonder, have there ever been a tourney with more foreigners than natives? Cause this might become the case this tourney, looking at the current interested list XD

Btw, if you need more TO helpers, I'm willing to :)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I guess the difference between Brawl and Street Fighter is that SF is a separate scene with their own setups and stuff. They can manage on their own. As someone said, Brawl is pretty much non-existant in Norway, and also in Sweden where I'm guessing many people will bring TVs and setups.
Also, a Brawl tournament at the same time *will* keep some players occupied elsewhere when they're needed at Melee. Not that many people will attend both Melee and SF.
This actually sounds reasonable. Thanks for giving me a response when no one else really did.

.NRG

Smash Rookie
Please add KaPe to the interested-list, too.

He's also from Germany :)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I paid $200 for armada to come to pound 5, so if u wanna get ur facts straight before u ever talk to me again id appreciate that.

:phone:

Top Bottom