• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm jack

Smash Lord
for reals o_0 forget his insecurities, i got my own esteem to worry about here xD
Arms are still pretty skinny, as you don't use them that much. Great for your abs and legs though. Might have to come to GT2 in an all in one, for 2 reasons.

1)Massive loving from all the ladies that are clearly going to be there. Those things don't leave much to the imagination.
2)Massive awkwardness for whoever I play.

No homo.

Tamoo

Smash Master
what ever happened to all that Dj max portable hype b4 the last LM?

Also, does anyone play 'tap tap revenge 3' lol. bit of a kiddies version and rediculously piss but might be fun against other ppl

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, good to see evryones on topic XD i reckon the stagelists could be re-examined, certain stages need to be counterpicks, when they werent included. i las thinking weegee's mansion needing to be in there, and various others, but i should imagine thats now gonna start up a nice little debate/flame war on the stages now

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i reckon the stagelists could be re-examined, certain stages need to be counterpicks, when they werent included. i las thinking weegee's mansion needing to be in there, and various others, but i should imagine thats now gonna start up a nice little debate/flame war on the stages now
I agree with this, for melee anyway.

Even big tournaments like Pound 4 (not saying we have to follow them) have counterpicks like Brinstar and stuff.

I just think having counterpick just gives all characters a better chance in the tourn as the neutral stages heavily (imo) benefit the top characters and plus it's just nice to have a different stages here and there.

Imo I think Mute, Brinstar, Rainbow ride, Poke floats and Corneria should be added cos it just gives people a chance to counterpick their a opponent on a stage which properly benifits them which is the whole point of a counterpick.
They also make for a more interesting tournament as well.

What do other people think?

takoyaki

Smash Cadet
And no, jjfox did the commentary for hsam

i've done commentary before :'(... but yeah you lot need to stop hating on tamoo, i've been in his company on various occasions and he's a cool guy. if you're REALLY want to just say all theset hings to his face rather than on a forum...MAN UP. no doubt everyone has a different persona on the internet compared to real life...take me for example, to you i appear to be tall, charming and INSANELY funny...but in reality im a short overweight indian with a REALLY sweaty scortum 0_0

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I agree with prof, but i think RR and maybe mute? are already enabled.

takoyaki

Smash Cadet
nah you lot at that neutral stage between manning up and being little girls (excuse me for bringing up girls in a derogatory manner)...you lot just need get to manning up stage...if anything the tourney will be better if theres some proper beef...coz normally they are dry OHHHHHHHHH oh no she didnt?

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this, for melee anyway.

Even big tournaments like Pound 4 (not saying we have to follow them) have counterpicks like Brinstar and stuff.

I just think having counterpick just gives all characters a better chance in the tourn as the neutral stages heavily (imo) benefit the top characters and plus it's just nice to have a different stages here and there.

Imo I think Mute, Brinstar, Rainbow ride, Poke floats and Corneria should be added cos it just gives people a chance to counterpick their a opponent on a stage which properly benifits them which is the whole point of a counterpick.
They also make for a more interesting tournament as well.

What do other people think?
i agree completely

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
It's annoying that there are so few on the stage list. Obviously I would say this, but i feel Brinstar, Mute and Corneria should all be on the stage list. Yes, as jiggz i would counterpick Mute, but why shouldn't i?? It's not completely unfair, and like Prof said, that's the whole point in a counterpick.

Tamoo

Smash Master
And there's always bans if you don't like something like mute or corneria if it comes to it, although i would go as far as to say that mute and corneria are a bit debatable imo

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think corneria is a bit too much in fox's favour
Ok.....lol.

Mute City is a bit too much in Peach's....there's always the famous ban stage tactic you could use.

ok how about we allow brinstar and I get a free win with jigglypuff, fair play? rofl

if thats how you want it prof :)
lol You can do that if you want.
I will literally just **** it and then laugh at you for switching character.

But yeah my opinion on how the stages can potentially benefit me doesn't affect my opinion on what the stage list should be.

So how about it Charles?
Any chance we can have the average counterpick stages, Mute, Brinstar, Rainbow Ride, Corneria and Poke Floats?

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Corneria has a grudge on me :( The ships team up on me. It's ever since I ditched Fox :/ Hmm. But anywho, personally I don't see any real problems with how the counter picks were. Having them before never caused a problem (That I know of)...apart from Green Greens >:( Oh how I hate that stage.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
nessy member our match at my tournament when you fell through the middle of pokemon stadium o.0 haha
the only time you usually see green greens anyways is after a fox losses to a jiggz lol

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Ok I guess I should post here more often since I hardly know any of you guys. Like, who are the best players in melee? I know:

Fuzzyness: top1 brit? organizing this stuff and housing me (don't forget to give me your contact info and such :) ), I met him at several tourneys already
Prof: I know him online as the guy who always says he's the best at everything and thinks he's funny XD
Craiigg: never seen him post around here but I know him from ssb64
Jo3: top6 in the UK ;)
Retroking: I've heard he's one of the best in UK, not sure if he's coming to this
VanityAngel: I played him in a Dutch tourney for pouls, I watched him get ***** by Armada and immediately after that I watched him **** me :(

Also if there are more stages for melee besides THE SIX (kongo jungle might be an exception), can I ban them all please...:embarrass

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
nessy member our match at my tournament when you fell through the middle of pokemon stadium o.0 haha
the only time you usually see green greens anyways is after a fox losses to a jiggz lol
Lmao yeah. I totally would have made a huge come back and won that match too >_> <_< >_>...

Speaking of Green Greens and your tournaments, that also reminded me of your match vs Harvs XD Where you beat him in like 30 seconds XD XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5GgJo-RPY 2:20 I can't believe he done that. Turns out he really wanted Dream Land but said Green Greens by accident.

Edit: Wow, just noticed, you 4 stocked him both Rounds XD

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Mute is TERRIBLE. No other stages can Peach and Jiggs win like the complete pricks they are whilst being a complete death wish for fox, falco, falcon, Doc. Green greens is a completely aweful stage that shouldn't be legal anywhere : /.

corneria, Brinstar, poke floats and rainbow ride are stages that I don't think are as bad but I think Mute should def not be on

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
My old alias was Tails chao if that rings any bells, probably not though I haven't met you at a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom