• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I need a partner too kmac....but i dont think its a good idea that we do considering out track record lol. we could try some doubs at andys though
That was the first time we'd played together lol. I'm pretty sure we could do a lot better once we learn how to work together.

just wasn't used to it. I'm used to teammates being pretty aggressive (calzorz, andy, yeniths) and lucario has to camp a lot.

we could probably doub on melee too, if I step my game up. Need to work out how to use DJC for combos and try shiek and jiggs.

btw don't drop lucario. :@

@ VA - wtf indeed O.o

The_Rake

Smash Lord
That was the first time we'd played together lol. I'm pretty sure we could do a lot better once we learn how to work together.

just wasn't used to it. I'm used to teammates being pretty aggressive (calzorz, andy, yeniths) and lucario has to camp a lot.

we could probably doub on melee too, if I step my game up. Need to work out how to use DJC for combos and try shiek and jiggs.

btw don't drop lucario. :@

@ VA - wtf indeed O.o
Well lets see what we can do, my kirby is fairly aggressive so we'll see what we can pull out. Problem was lucario is one of the worst characters for doubs unless you use someone like gaw with him, but theres better partners for gaw anyway. Well see what we can do. Yea i was gona enter melee anyway. i'm probably gona try falcon over ganon now because i just dont l cancel

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Well lets see what we can do, my kirby is fairly aggressive so we'll see what we can pull out. Problem was lucario is one of the worst characters for doubs unless you use someone like gaw with him, but theres better partners for gaw anyway. Well see what we can do. Yea i was gona enter melee anyway. i'm probably gona try falcon over ganon now because i just dont l cancel
You really need to L-cancel with Falcon to get any decent combos going. Thing is, I CAN L-cancel but it's not an impulsive thing. Maybe now that I've got both springs in my pad, I might be able to do it better with just a light press (using L for L-cancelling never worked out for me...)
I should really try Z-cancelling imo. at the least it prevents any accidental AD-over-ledge gimps.

btw

don't rate your kirby until I play it. gayfi means nothing. I've played a kirby main so I know how to deal with them and what works and what doesn't hint: recover with rising Fairs (very hard to punish kirby's Fair, it's got some dumb priority)

The_Rake

Smash Lord
You really need to L-cancel with Falcon to get any decent combos going. Thing is, I CAN L-cancel but it's not an impulsive thing. Maybe now that I've got both springs in my pad, I might be able to do it better with just a light press (using L for L-cancelling never worked out for me...)
I should really try Z-cancelling imo. at the least it prevents any accidental AD-over-ledge gimps.

btw

don't rate your kirby until I play it. gayfi means nothing. I've played a kirby main so I know how to deal with them and what works and what doesn't hint: recover with rising Fairs (very hard to punish kirby's Fair, it's got some dumb priority)
yea i know, oh btw, can you bring your old gc pad, im gona try using one =P
i know wifi means nothing, but andys is a good opportunity for me to get some practice with kirby. yea if noticed how awsome his fair is. think is i keep trying to edgeguard with tipped bairs (has slightly better knockback on it) and usually end up doing fairs and the reverse when i recover :/

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ohhhh nooo baby lol.
I couldn't insult anything about you.

I'm actually extremely tempted to team with you but I can't lol. I gotta stick with Charles and plus I gotta getz the moneyz.....:(

If it's done at any other event I def will though, such as a London Monthly even though that ain't gonna happen cos of pools but just on the off chance I will team with you.
lol ok bbz, sorry I doubted you. <3

I like this. But you need to be good at 2v1, get practicing.
what do you think the best way of practicing it is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2M31mPS6A

has anyone seen this before? I haven't...and was wtf'd.
lol thats hilarious, we need one except not many people dance properly here.

Oh yeah and who wants to team with me? <33

VA

Smash Hero
lol, go up against 3 level 9's xD

no don't do that. you actually have to play against 2 other people and play it very seriously. or at least that's what I try to do. I'm pretty good at 2v1 and it's much harder for the 2 than people realise.

Jolteon

playing 2v1?
0bviously, but I cant do this all of the time.

other then that go up against 3 lvl 9's
yeah I was either thinking of that or doing a play through of All Star Mode.. lol

no don't do that. you actually have to play against 2 other people and play it very seriously. or at least that's what I try to do. I'm pretty good at 2v1 and it's much harder for the 2 than people realise.
so basically you can't learn it on your own

;-;

K.Mac

Smash Lord
*3 lv9 bowsers.

srsly. tankin'.

The_Rake said:
yea i know, oh btw, can you bring your old gc pad, im gona try using one =P
i know wifi means nothing, but andys is a good opportunity for me to get some practice with kirby. yea if noticed how awsome his fair is. think is i keep trying to edgeguard with tipped bairs (has slightly better knockback on it) and usually end up doing fairs and the reverse when i recover :/
Yeah, I get that a lot with Yoshi, MK and D3 turning around when I try to do an aerial. You need to neutral the stick when jumping to stop them turning to the direction of the jump.

I'll bring my old GC pad (I always bring it as backup in case something happens - as proven at London, when mine and hoe4u's controls went missing/stolen by chavs) but it's absolute ****e (mainly c-stick issues) so I dunno if it'll do you any good.

Andy has a spare though so you could use that if you want to O_o. I might get andy to despring my old pad, because I do better at kart without springs (game randomly decides that me lifting off the trigger doesn't = ending a drift and I go skiing off sideways on a corner) and since it's only the c-stick that's weird, using it for kart will be fine.

Considering saving up for a second orange pad to brawlify it imo lol. or just get a cyan one like auro. :}

L-J

Smash Ace

This is true, you can make it very difficult for the 2 if you're smart. It's funny you should mention it VA cus I was practising 2v1 just the other day with GM Jack and his gf lol - I'll keep it up.

VA

Smash Hero
I think Tamoo is more capable of holding his own than he was at PH2 now. So you guys should be an interesting team, aim to bring down a big name team.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think the free people you might be able to team with are either Edwin, Chrisboi or Frostbyte....these are the rest of the top people and two of them will team with each other leaving one of them free so really if you don't find anyonelse then you will prob likely have to wait and see who teams with who out of them 3...

The_Rake

Smash Lord
*3 lv9 bowsers.

srsly. tankin'.

Yeah, I get that a lot with Yoshi, MK and D3 turning around when I try to do an aerial. You need to neutral the stick when jumping to stop them turning to the direction of the jump.

I'll bring my old GC pad (I always bring it as backup in case something happens - as proven at London, when mine and hoe4u's controls went missing/stolen by chavs) but it's absolute ****e (mainly c-stick issues) so I dunno if it'll do you any good.

Andy has a spare though so you could use that if you want to O_o. I might get andy to despring my old pad, because I do better at kart without springs (game randomly decides that me lifting off the trigger doesn't = ending a drift and I go skiing off sideways on a corner) and since it's only the c-stick that's weird, using it for kart will be fine.

Considering saving up for a second orange pad to brawlify it imo lol. or just get a cyan one like auro. :}
I only get it because second jumps word differently for characters with multiple jumps, don't have a problem with toon and lucario just that with the likes of kirby when you use his other jumps he changes direction, just takes a little getting used to.
Ive asked andy if i can ue his and he said yea so i'll just use that =P

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
****, march is approaching soon and i feel im no where near ready :o, you guys got any practice tips? i feel CPU's alone wont cut it lol

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Okay, just looked up the cost and hassle in this thing and am capable to be in attendance. The only problem here is housing. Unless the front page lies to me, there are three people that can house: Kira, Bishkin and possibly Alpha Dash.

Can anyone house? If so, from when? Until when? Hit me up on MSN clgrules@hotmail.com

Tamoo

Smash Master
for jiggs, i find there is jack **** that I can do to practice, except make the jiggs as fluid as possible, too much of jiggs is spacing which is pointless against cpus :/

Also, how about teaming with warning lawrencelot? He plays a pretty beast falcon and places well in general. I suppose Edwin would be a good team aswell but i've never seen him in doubles before :/

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Okay, just looked up the cost and hassle in this thing and am capable to be in attendance. The only problem here is housing. Unless the front page lies to me, there are three people that can house: Kira, Bishkin and possibly Alpha Dash.

Can anyone house? If so, from when? Until when? Hit me up on MSN clgrules@hotmail.com
look who it is!!! The real BB :laugh: Would be awesome if you could make it

Jolteon

for jiggs, i find there is jack **** that I can do to practice, except make the jiggs as fluid as possible, too much of jiggs is spacing which is pointless against cpus :/

Also, how about teaming with warning lawrencelot? He plays a pretty beast falcon and places well in general. I suppose Edwin would be a good team aswell but i've never seen him in doubles before :/
I disagree, loads of brawlers train vs cpus for certain match-ups even when its just mostly spacing and it does make a noticeable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom