• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 5 May 7th 2011 London MELEE! CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So maybe everyone will start rooting for Fuzzyness now since I have been dominating and I am now superior to all and will be winning every tournament for the next few years as I please.

So yeah start cheering for Fuzzy cos im too amazing to be cheered for and everyone is the underdog to me...and OoC all day baby.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This tournament was an interesting experience with me. My tech chasing sucked for most of the day but I learnt lots and had a good time.

Thanks edwin lol :) you should have come.

Shout outs:

Zunari: gj for nearly ****** me. You should have definitely got out of pools too, but our pool was badly seeded and it was top 2 go through. :x

Alpha Dash: Unlucky in singles, but good job in doubles. Thanks for the support vs fuzz btw lol. :) Also your comment about ooc in that set made me laugh when I watched it on youtube (at the venue the reason I was smiling at you two was 'cause I picked DL64 lol).

GM Jack: Your playstyle is becoming increasingly solid, your general knowledge is good and you ask the right questions. If you play a lot more and also experiment more I think you can be good. Point taken on throwing stuff out, but I blame Prof for that because he always gets away with it and he's sexy :(. btw there's one thing I forgot to say about your match with tamoo, and that's when you're bair spacing a lot of the time you get really comfortable with your current stage position, if you wanna keep jiggs out you have to mix-up a lot with different bair timings, ftilts, retreat bairs and also cool tricks like reverse needle storm.

Tamoo: Good luck getting over your character crisis. If all else fails, main Fox. :)

L-J: Enjoyable set. :) Play Falco a bit more! I think it would work out, though I could be wrong.

Hugo: Constant tamoo bashing made me lol. We should have played. D:

PMS: Your samus is so innovative, in our set I literally saw you do like at least 5 things I've never seen before lol. Was cool to speak to you again, and next time make sure you drag Nathan down too lol.

Unreal: Definitely one of the best recent improvements in the community, so you should definitely keep it up. Just remember that thing I told you about how you always recover the same way and then after that you get off the edge the same way, that's the main reason I got loads of gimps on you lol. Also I remember you saying that you find it boring to camp sheik and get impatient, I would suggest watching how prof plays vs sheik, he's very good at reading his opponents movements, baiting and finding the right openings to strike, and applying constant pressure after he hits. I think that's the type of vs sheik style you would enjoy and it's really effective, just experiment with it I guess.

Prof: YEAH BABY!! I'm so proud of you xx and I believed you could do it 100%. Even after establishing yourself as #1 in the UK I will always support you as you're my favourite fox lol. :) Also I wanna thank you for your support in my set with fuzz as well, the commentary was funny to listen to and helped me after I mucked up a lot of stuff. looool at the friendlies we had before pools started when I got a flashy edgeguard and you turned around and told me "that was a mistake. you meant to camp" **** you :(

Fuzz: If you don't start practicing again then I will make you regret it sooner than you think. ;)

TLMarth: I was surprised at the breadth of techniques you used, I noticed you wavedashed out of shield a lot which is something I personally didn't do for like a whole year at least lol. If you really want to stick to Roy then stick to him, but my advice is to watch a lot of videos to get a strong grasp on Roy's combo options, since Roy's combos are actually surprisingly good. Like for example you could be using dtilt a lot more, and most of the time you used it you followed it up with fair, when you could have gone for uair -> fsmash. But that's stuff you learn over time so keep at it.

rustediron

Smash Lord
definitely learn to get the meteor with the dair, not only for the massive lulz, but it'd also open a lot of tech chasing options (maybe? lol)

D-Air

Total: 68
Hit: 7-10
IASA: 64
Auto cancel: <6 55>
Landlag: 32
Lcanceled: 16

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's not that good though lol...cos you can easily jump out of it as it's hard to setup.

But it does look good when you get it.

Thanks for the shoutout Jolteon, gonna do mine later in the day.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I meant use it like on-stage lol
no-one's going to see that **** coming so they won't tech it, and then you get a free fsmash?

Jolteon

it's good for setting up tech chases on stage and covering tech options on platforms in particular (watch m2k do it vs spacies it's really gay)

/e nvm that pic didn't load up at school so I assumed that it was marth's dair rofl

gm jack

Smash Lord
Well, it's like drop down, DJ, waveland off, dj knee except you just press L/R.

@Jolteon

It's not that the prediction for what they are going to do is bad, but you commit to it too much. If you simply wait, empty SH etc, it allows you to punish if the read is correct but still keep up the pressure if you are wrong.

Jolteon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER224oaHjBs#t=01m06s

rofl

im still considering maining marth after seeing my marth play pretty solid and do less mistakes

my falcon loses some matches just cause of silly choices, and sometimes I dont agree with how I play :/

SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO PRESS L/R ON THE EDGE PLEASE
£10 mm sheik vs marth

Well, it's like drop down, DJ, waveland off, dj knee except you just press L/R.

@Jolteon

It's not that the prediction for what they are going to do is bad, but you commit to it too much. If you simply wait, empty SH etc, it allows you to punish if the read is correct but still keep up the pressure if you are wrong.
yeah I guess you're right, I empty hop a lot against spacies/peach but that's about it lol.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I'll take that money match lol

prof money match marth vs fox ft5 for £10?

im really considering marth right now for genesis 2 (ntsc money match?) LOL

Jolteon

just do a load of marth mms and see how confident you are with him for G2

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I wouldn't advise you going Marth, I don't really see what you mean by you playing consistent and smart of whatever you said before as you lost a game with him to L-J and Jolteon and other games didn't perform that good.

You're just going down that road again of changing a main (even though you said CF was your final choice) which is ultimately always going to be your demise...which is why im better then you cos I just stick with Fox while you never find someone to stick with.

Also I wouldn't advise you going Fox in teams with Kage, espesh since he already expects you to go CF and I don't really think it's all that in teams which was demonstrated by Me and Alpha Dash beating you.

But yeah, I accept the MM.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
I kept going into shield thinking it would help but it was hard to deal with the shield pressure...

gm jack

Smash Lord
Patience and experience helps to deal with shield pressure, as well as being able to execute all your OoS options on demand. Panicking is about the worst thing you can do when in shield.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
how big was the attendance for this? Kinda pissed I couldn't make it =/

When is the next monthly btw? if there has been a proper date announced hopefully after my exams finish :)

Also good **** Prof on your win.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
I'm guessing there's a certain timing for s-grabbing, if I'm going to try to do it at all against the spacies.

jjlinyard,
Your exams are probably spread out over the next few months right?

Jolteon

When spacies are shield pressuring, if they do late aerials then you have to shield grab after the shine, if they do early aerials then you shield grab before they shine. If the space animal player has good shield pressure then they'll mix up their aerial timing and also mix up retreat nairs to get out of shieldgrab range, so shield grabbing is quite often not the best option to take while shielding.

jj we had about 15 people attend.

L-J

Smash Ace
Fuzz I deffo think you should stick with falcon, including teams. Have marth as a second sure but i'm convinced your falcon will do better at G2.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Charles, I think you should stick with falcon but try and have a spacie as your secondary maybe Falco. The problem is Falcon gets fuucked up so hard especially when recovering, if you're gonna change main do it now.

:phone:

rustediron

Smash Lord
Falcon.

Charles, I think you should stick with falcon but try and have a spacie as your secondary maybe Falco. The problem is Falcon gets fuucked up so hard especially when recovering, if you're gonna change main do it now.
Because Falco gets fucked up so much less while recovering...?

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Tell me what else Charles can do?everyone is saying stick to falcon but judging from Saturday prof won't be losing against his falcon anytime soon lol he knows Charles' style inside out.

:phone:

VA

Smash Hero
Charles could win but prof is solidly inside his head. Makes him do dumb **** and stays calm himself so there's not much charles can do. He's always scared of losing even when he's got a lead, prof pressure **** I know it.

Furthermore, Charles has an average marth and should NEVER go falco in tournament because his is not good. Has a weirdly bad pressure game. Marth on the other hand, charles could use in america, but not over here. I think they'd be more surprised by it's style and he's actually quite a lot better in NTSC (weight + spike = win).

Jus sayin'

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I don't see the sudden need to change to falcon charles. He is your best character and you've developed a really good consistant game with him. I think it's been too long since you've played marth properly as well. You're still good with marth, but it's that consistantcy thats lacking.

Jolteon

I can kind of understand, falcon is difficult to play as so it has to be demoralising sometimes.

that said though I feel that falcon is definitely solid enough for a main and at this point I really feel like he'd do best just sticking with him.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Charles could win but prof is solidly inside his head. Makes him do dumb **** and stays calm himself so there's not much charles can do. He's always scared of losing even when he's got a lead, prof pressure **** I know it.

Furthermore, Charles has an average marth and should NEVER go falco in tournament because his is not good. Has a weirdly bad pressure game. Marth on the other hand, charles could use in america, but not over here. I think they'd be more surprised by it's style and he's actually quite a lot better in NTSC (weight + spike = win).

Jus sayin'
Robby understands straight on point there lol. I have a lot of marth experience in the past from European tournaments too.

I can kind of understand, falcon is difficult to play as so it has to be demoralising sometimes.
And this ofc :/

I think it'll just depend on how I feel on the day, if I do get demoralized badly I'll probably use marth since I know it wont go badly and if I lose I feel I'd just been outplayed

At GT5 I just felt like trying all falcon in GF, I never lost my confidence with marth in WF since it was doing great but I gave my main more priority.. which didn't seem to work especially with my brainfart moments

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Jus sayin'
I agree with this except for that silly little intro to your post.

Charles time is over and for the rest of the existence of this scene I will be dominating...soz, just the way the cookie from the OoC factory crumbles.

I sense obvious interest in the scene from this post, obv you're looking to return, I still have unfinished **** with you.

Changing when you lose with one character is silly as well...learn and adapt or FULLY make a strict decision to change and stick, which is what you did with your Falcon but you're deciding to change again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom