• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing....Live! MP3s now avaliable! *Update: Links Finally Posted*

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Thanks to MistoRoboto for his CD Ripping software and his hard dedication, we were able to translate all of the songs on the CD to MP3 format! Thanks to MistoRoboto and yours truly, the songs are now available on either WinMX or KaZaA. Go ahead and download some truly amazing peices of music...and then share it!

Please note, if anyone can host these 15 MP3s on their website, please PM me so we can make it available for download there as well.

UPDATE

Here are 2 of the links that I have so far. Joppe will soon enough have them at his site, and you can expect me to post the link to his site as soon as I get them!

http://hosting2.linuxmotor.com/~anyo/smash/

http://www.anyo.org/smash/

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Smashing...Live! Truly Smashing...

Thank you, Kokichi, but I couldn't have done it without the constant poking and and pressure from you and JBird!;)

Seriously though, for people who are using WinMX just put in your search, Smashing Live! and the MP3's on my comp should be avaliable. Because my connection blows as much as Celine Dion's music I can only handle three users at a time, sorry.

For those who have never used file sharing programs, please be careful. Limit the file sharing programs you use to Kazaa Lite and WinMX. Anything else may compromise your computer's security due to add-ons involving spyware. Keep that in mind whenever swapping files on the net. Thanks and everyone enjoy!

Son Of Wyachi

Smash Journeyman
I have some spare webspace where I can put the mp3s. Just send me a zipped up version of each mp3, and i will upload them.

DO NOT TELL ME TO USE WINMX. I've always had a grudge against filesharers.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Woo, these are nice. Right now I'm on Yoshi's Story, and for the most part these are certainly worth the download.

So far my major complaint is that the Opening Theme is too slow, but it's still quite good. I'll edit this if I find anything else to say.

Ice_Climbers2

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right now I have the CD and my favorites are deffinatly Great Bay Shrine, Fountain of Dreams, Jungle Garden, and Dr. Mario.

Anyway, listening to the CD for the 3rd day I've had it, I've noticed something funny about track 13, the Fire Emblem song. Exactly 13 seconds into the song, you can hear someone cough. No big deal but I guess, other than the clapping, that proves its live. :D

Happy New Year

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Misto, i just want to say, from all people who can't have nintendo power due to geographic location or lack of money,

THANK YOU

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried using Winmx, but the program was giving me lots of problems. I have Kazaa, but I can't find the Mp3s. I keep getting smashing pumpkins songs when I search. What do we search for exactly?

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Giygas
I tried using Winmx, but the program was giving me lots of problems. I have Kazaa, but I can't find the Mp3s. I keep getting smashing pumpkins songs when I search. What do we search for exactly?
I use Kazaa lite, and i too get smashing pumpkins.... i guess we'll have to wait for someone to upload them to a site.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm... sounds odd. I didn't use Kazaa or Winmx, I set up an FTP server and JBird uploaded the songs to me. Anyway, I decided I'd just post rather than edit... so....

The songs for the most part are very nice. I am annoyed they didn't play Onett or the alternate theme, but there still isn't too much to say.

Some of the songs were too slow for me... Yoshi's Story was a bit weak... Fire Emblem was too slow for my liking... yeah, that's pretty much it.

I did like a few things. First, hearing real endings for most of the songs was pleasant, and it was a nice touch when they ended with victory themes for the characters. The medleys were also well done, and I particuarly likes where the songs changed. The transitions were well composed.

Triforce1

Smash Rookie
Hey Kokichi, Misto-Roboto, and everyone else. I tried on WinMx and unfortunately nothing came up. I was wondering if any of you guys could send me it because I have been clammering to get my hands on a copy for a while. If you could be so kind and contact me at my PM so we could set something up I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks,

Triforce1

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Allright, I got winmx to work, but still no luck - just hundreds and hundreds of smashing pumpkins songs.

I have Kazaa and Gilgy has Kazaa lite, but again, the Smashing Live songs were nowhere to be found.

I guess I will have to wait for the mp3's to be hosted somewhere.

heinybabee

Smash Apprentice
good songs

if you want the songs id be happy to transfer them through aim. aim me at heinybabee if ur interested in the songs.

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
If I subscribe to Nintendo Power right now, do you know if I'll get the January issue? That and a Metroid Prime tee is worth my 20 bucks right there...

beanbean

Smash Journeyman
Haha, everyone's getting smashing pumpkins... the first time I tried (with WinMX), I got the pumpkins, too, but I also got the smashing live songs. However, I couldn't download them... misto, or anyone, are they under the name "nintendo - smashing live - [insert track name here].mp3"?

However, there seems to be another copy of the CD out there; the ones I tried to download above had (I think) a bitrate of 128. While doing my first search for "corneria," I came up with a person who had just the [track names].mp3 for file names, without anything else. They had a bitrate of 320 (again, not too sure, but I am almost certain), and are noticably bigger files (34MB for the longest track). I got 3 or 4 of them down, and they sound pretty nice. Too bad the guy only had a 56K dial-up which broke a while later... so, yeah, maybe try searching for individual track names if you want the other version.

Kiki, you still have that ftp up? if so, we could all download from there... or, yeah, I'll wait for hosting too, and keep trying...

Edit: right now, there's someone w/ the nintendo - smashing live ones, but...he/she/it is refusing my connection... haha...

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Don't forget guys, the people that use WinMX, like myself can not supply the MP3's unless we have WinMX running and I am online. I can't always be online so if you can't find me there is good reason for that.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Originally posted by beanbean
Kiki, you still have that ftp up? if so, we could all download from there... or, yeah, I'll wait for hosting too, and keep trying...
I'd be more than willing to help you there, but I'm *technically* not supposed to have an FTP server, so just getting the files wasn't allowed to begin with. So letting people get them off an FTP server would just clue my ISP in even more... sorry.

JD44c8/USA

Smash Apprentice
SuperJoppe, THANK YOU! Thank you for your excellent videos site, which I've found mind-blowing; and thank you for putting these MP3s somewhere where _I_ can access them. I don't go for the file-sharing programs.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, here's whats going down so far: I've got about 3 or 4 sites that can host them...I will try to get as many of them as possible that can host them to host them....that way one person doesn't rack up on broadband. I'll be editing the first post with all the sites, so just stay tuned, and until then check WinMX or KaZaA (if you have them) for either me or MistoRoboto to be on.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
The CD is awesome! (I got in my Nintendo Power, like some of you.) I love the Opening. It makes me think of the opening to the game and I just want to play that opening over and over.

Radius-86

Smash Ace
I dunno about WinMX, but I've left my computer on for over two months now, WinMX constantly running. I ripped the music myself, and I have had several people download them. Because of WinMX's vast community, sometimes you may not find the songs under your search even though I am online (or that might be because I renamed the files differently.

Of course, as everyone else has offered, sending through MSN and such won't be a problem for me either.

And if you feel lucky, look for me on WinMX
My account name is of course, Radius-86888
my music files are named -
Super Smash Brothers Melee Orchestra - [file name here]
(because in Japan is was called the Smash DX Orchestra, so it's the same thing)

And the song titles are all the same, except I renamed "Planet Corneria" and "Planet Venom" to just plain "Corneria" and "Venom."

Hope I can help some users in any way possible.
I'm a video game music fanatic, so I even record my own music, some from Metroid Prime, Monkey Ball 1 and 2, and StarFox Adventures. Sharing is my hobby, so yes, I will be glad to share music with people.

BeeboW

Smash Journeyman
I'm not exactly sure how these P2P things work in terms of their search, but perhaps you are typing something like smashing live so it gives you a list of all the songs with smashing and live in them. Maybe if you tried typing in "smashing live" (I've grouped them with speech marks) it might eb a bit easier? I dunoo:rolleyes:

King Genius XIII

Smash Lord
WOW! This is so... Excellent... It makes me all emotional and stuff... Just marvelous. I thank you so much! Only disappointment is that the Earthbound Zero theme isn't on there. That song is so good.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
:(

I cant dl the songs . Ive tried everything and nuthing works :( Can someone help me please, maybe u could send them to me or sumfin:( :( :( :( :(

JD44c8/USA

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by King Genius XIII
Only disappointment is that the Earthbound Zero theme isn't on there. That song is so good.
I have to concur. I think ALL of Ness's themes are excellent. Still, they really did some stuff that I never thought they'd do, like the All-Star Mode park theme.

(Sorry, BladeMarth -- I can't help!)

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks to all who made them possible for download. Your hard work doesn't go unappreciated.

The CD was very good, and had some strong and moving points. However, I was very dissapointed... no EarthBound songs!
:(

*Fuse*

Smash Cadet
did anyone else notice how bad the fire emblem trumpet was? maybe, just maybe i don't know enough about trumpets and dissonance and squeaking is a good thing. doubtful though, very doubtful

on the other hand, the other mp3's ARE very nice. i'd like to thank my friend scxzor publically (i DID send him the link to smashboards of this thread) :p but he agrees with me on the trumpet.

on the one hand, that gameandwatch theme on the great medley was so funny... my god, hearing violins like that is just hilarious....

spookymanlls

Smash Apprentice
Fuse, the Fire Emblem trumpet could've been MUCH better. It doesn't take a music major (which I am, coincidentally) to tell good trumpet from bad trumpet.

While I'm here, thanks to everyone that made it possible to hear this CD. Overall, it was way cool!

Luigi_Factor

Florida_OWNaGe
Re: WTF!!!

Originally posted by smashboi
The didnt play the song from onett!!!! :mad:
I dont know about anybody else.. but to me, the intro to Onett sounds like the intro to Doogie Howzer (Sp?) lol.

now if only i could confirm this lol.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Depths of Brinstar is Good and so is the Great bay shrine.

Thank you for uploading the songs.

JD44c8/USA

Smash Apprentice
Say, does anyone else hear the occasionally tingling sound in the right channel? I know it's throughout "Planet Corneria." Is that part of the recording, or is it a result of the MP3-conversion process?

brainchild138

Smash Rookie
Wow. You don't get banned for talking about Kazaa? That's a change from IGN...

Hey, yeah, I have this CD on my computer, and it's on Kazaa, but I'm rarely ever on, so it probably won't do any good.
I just wanted to say :crazy: that this site encourages downloading music...

The Brain

Top Bottom