• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
1.5K scholarship money is no joke kid

and typically if they're paying for your plane ticket to play moar pokemangz, teh prizes at that tourney will be even moar awesomer.
1.5k might be useful if your in a cc, but if your in another college thats nothing.
i know money is money, but i would rather try to win cash instead of a certificate.

also im not going to college so thats why i said its nada. it would be useless to me.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
1.5k might be useful if your in a cc, but if your in another college thats nothing.
1.5K is actually still 1.5K regardless of where you're going.

i know money is money, but i would rather try to win cash instead of a certificate.
Cash is strictly better than scholarship money, no one's debating that.

Cia

das kwl
^ then don't try to down play that prize. serious business. when you gotta pay of that student loan after college and you have that extra 1,500 that you didn't have to put into tuition, you're gonna be pretty **** happy you had some pokemon cards.. lolz.

i played it years ago, it's actually fun. (or at least if was up until d+p set)

mtg is soo boring. like.. i felt like less of a person during the one week that i tried it.. lolz

edit: meant for Jona

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
^ HAHAHA. YES!! i think world's 05' and down were in honolulu. after that, they moved it to Florida.

pkmn is a **** *** franchise.
too bad if someone my age goto tourneys its like going to chuckie cheese, or competing in a spelling bee or going to an anime convention........feeling MAD old.

At least theres mad old magic players and like a good mature mix of late teens and college kids. But i'd imagine from reading the payout of first place(something about parent or guardians permission lawl) that there be swarms of Lites walking around bustin ppls ***, in the pokemans scene. I would LOVE to be

I would love to see what its metagame is......u know since i know ALL teh pokemanz and ****.

Cia

das kwl
too bad if someone my age goto tourneys its like going to chuckie cheese, or competing in a spelling bee or going to an anime convention........feeling MAD old.

At least theres mad old magic players and like a good mature mix of late teens and college kids. But i'd imagine from reading the payout of first place(something about parent or guardians permission lawl) that there be swarms of Lites walking around bustin ppls ***, in the pokemans scene. I would LOVE to be

I would love to see what its metagame is......u know since i know ALL teh pokemanz and ****.
they actually have different age divisions. juniors, seniors and masters.

so it's not like you'll ever be matched up against a 9 year old. that would just be awkward. lolz. but i'm guessing their tournaments are free and have such extreme prizes because that keeps people generally interested in pokemon. people will remains fans to the whole franchise and buy EVERYTHING. lolz

well, thats my theory anyway.

edit: sry scar for making this a pokemon thread.. HAHA

the title should be like 'SPOC VII: 4-18-2009 - Philadelphia, Pokemon Central'

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
they actually have different age divisions. juniors, seniors and masters.

so it's not like you'll ever be matched up against a 9 year old. that would just be awkward. lolz. but i'm guessing their tournaments are free and have such extreme prizes because that keeps people generally interested in pokemon. people will remains fans to the whole franchise and buy EVERYTHING. lolz

well, thats my theory anyway.

edit: sry scar for making this a pokemon thread.. HAHA

the title should be like 'SPOC VII: 4-18-2009 - Philadelphia, Pokemon Central'

oh sweet pokemans is more awesome now that I know there are divisions!

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
mad cute ... but mayb u want to hear the prizes first

U.S. Regionals

1st Place

* A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 1st Place Trophy
* A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), U.S. residents only, to the 2009 U.S. National Championships at America’s Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
* A scholarship award worth $1500 (Click here for scholarship details and restrictions).
* A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions (100$ worth)

hmmm sounds bigger then the spoc pot ... and did i mention entrance is free ... quit life ...

also pakman pokemon had a bigger turnout then magic at the origins in ohio last year ... =\

pokemon is the biggest competitive tcg atm
Look buddy. . . STOP!

That game ain't never gonna be cool. You ain't gonna see some Pokémon Card player catchin' mad snatch. Ain't gonna HAAAPPEN!

You see this? You see that picture? You think that's G, money? Naw, b. Naw. . . :laugh:

Esto me haces MUERTO! Coño!

Alukard

Smash Hero
LMFAO ... no one said i play pokemon to get play son ... LMFAO if u think i'm some fat nigg@ in a ash outfit

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
/was in here before Arrogant changed his post. :D

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I swear to god scrubs follow me like to the plague.

No matter how many times I through them off, they just keep clinging on.

R3N0

Smash Lord
two things.. one i may or may not be able to make it.. since this is the weekend right before 4/20... i might just be going to 6flags u know with brownies lol =D

and 2..

"how many times I THROUGH them off,"

"seriously, tope? seriously..?"

LOL that is ub3r funny.---
------------
also that julia roberts gif had me dying.

Top Bottom