• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Tristan_win

Not dead.
^_^ I just got done talking to my friend and we are now making plans to come to this.

If things all work out we will bring 3 people and of course 3 complete sets with no lag TV's.

Oh...and do make sure there's no Brawl at the tournament, Razgriz hate that game with a burning passion but I doubt he's alone.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
thats def. north philly by temple, lol.
Ah, right. Haha, thanks for clearing that up. Now I know for very sure I'm in N. Philly, although I might be moving to another apartment soon in philly, but I'll still be here.

Oh and I hope to play you sometime again Hbox, you better come to this! SO WIN T05 DooD. ;[ I want to become BEAST now so I'd be glad to play and hope I got a lil better lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I guess. It takes us about 2.5 hours going up from college park, but cyrain and tope are coming from two hours before that, in richmond(or about 1.5 hours from chu's) and the tourney ends at like midnight at best, which means they'll be doing highway driving til 4:00 am at the least. That's not very safe. Also, it's more fun to house and play friendlies the night before :D

chibo, isn't that like a 7 hour drive? or at least 6? what time are you leaving at in order to be in VA for any reasonable amount of time? Even at bare minimum, you couldn't at the tourney for more than a few hours.
i forget how far down in VA chu lives, but i went to C3, which I think is a lil more towards the northern part of VA. i honestly forget how long it took, i wanna estimate like 5 hours. we prob left around 7 30 or so? it was velocity driving, so it was ok lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, heres a question. Anyone interested in Diddy Kong Racing 64 and/or Super Smash Bros 64? I could bring my n64, and of course I have T.T man.

Also, I only have two controllers, but bring ur own just in case. (You might complain about mine lol)

Oh, plus, I'm too good at Diddy Kong Racing 64, I'd even money match ;3 [not that I have played it competitively like at a TOURNY, but lets see ;3

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
GAHHH. i need to buy a converter before next month so I can compete in the tournaments. but If anyone does brig it for XBOX I will bring my stick. Or if I end up bringing it I wont enter for melee I will just play sf4

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
If someone brings a Nintendo 64, I'll be doing Mario Kart 64 money matches. I'm still waiting for someone to beat me in a Super Mario RPG knowledge money match.

Scar

#HarveyDent
d'oh how the **** are you getting here?

im expecting tope/cyrain and some more of team richmond and hopefully i can get chu etc to come up for this, that'd be epic ****

hax are you coming? teams.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
GAHHH. i need to buy a converter before next month so I can compete in the tournaments. but If anyone does brig it for XBOX I will bring my stick. Or if I end up bringing it I wont enter for melee I will just play sf4
You already, know, son. One of two things will happen. Either I come with my brother or I come with my cousin. i'll do my best to get my 360 up there. A TV is a different story....my TV is too effing heavy to be carrying around.

Although if the 360 is coming, so is BlazBlue, and of course MVC2. (It IS installed on the HD afterall.)

My chances of getting to SPOC are always high. So I'm 95% sure I'm going to this.

As with any game I play except Jet Moto...I'm not claiming outstanding skill. I might enter singles if I can get some people to play with for a few days. Otherwise screw it. I'm sick of heading to tournaments and entering singles when I have nobody to play.

After today...I don't wanna age again until it's time to retire -_-

Scar

#HarveyDent
everyone, new stage rules, we're trying it out and i'm hoping to make it melee standard from here on out

sorry if you guys have a problem with it, it's of course optional but you can only use normal stage rules if BOTH players agree to it before the set. if either wants to use the modified ruleset, that is what's going to go down. kashif will not be attending this tournament bc of these rules LOLOL i don't GIVE A **** SPAM I HATE YOU

SPOC STAGE SELECT RULES

Legal Stage List

Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Banned Stage List

Every other stage in Super Smash Brothers: Melee

Round 1:
-Players strike stages in an alternating fasion, starting with the person with the most port priority. Both players strike a total of 3 stages in this order; the one remaining is selected for Round 1.

Round 2:
-The winner of the previous match bans one of the seven stages from selection.
-The loser of the previous match selects one of the remaining 6 stages for Round 2.

Round 3 (if necessary):
-The winner of the previous match bans one of the seven stages from selection.
-The loser of the previous match selects one of the remaining 5 stages for Round 3 (one ban + Dave's Stupid Rule stage).

For sets determined by a Best of 5, Dave's Stupid Rule will apply only for those matches that were won on a stage PICKED by the winner. Winning a match on Round 1 or on an opponent's counterpick does not make that stage banned from your selection. Therefore there are a minimum of 4 stages that a player can select at any point.

I believe that this ruleset gears results of sets more closely towards player skill and farther from character selection and character/stage combinations, takes importance away from a previous significant random factor, and ultimately provides less of an advantage for losing.

Again, if both players in any given set decide to use normal stage select rules, old SPOC stage rules will be in effect.

Cia

das kwl
the alternating stage strike is nice i suppose. they use that in brawl. but the counterpick rules suck soooo much ***.

i don't care about it for SPOC, but i seriously hope this does NOT become tournament standard.

Top Bottom