• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

D

Deleted member

because you're the head of the MBR, that's why.
my job is to add or remove people, standard moderator things, and to keep people in check. Pushing the ideas of other members isn't my job, nor is it to convince them of anything past my own personal ideas.

Scar

#HarveyDent
if there's no framework for organizing debates then there's no way we're going to change ANYTHING

again i don't have any problem with you but like the MBR is a ****ing joke and you're the only one in a position to make it at all legitimate

your own biases play a huge roll in everything you do which is why i think you're a very poor choice for a moderator

pockyD should in fact moderate hte MBR. we would change rules, we would have intelligent discussion, and all the while we would know that nothing we do matters bc TOs won't listen anyways

Reaver197

Smash Lord
pockyD should in fact moderate hte MBR. we would change rules, we would have intelligent discussion, and all the while we would know that nothing we do matters bc TOs won't listen anyways
I personally think that being unable to view what happens in the MBR sort of exacerbates that. It's hard for people to accept rules handed down to them that are determined by a select group of people in secret. Is there any particular reason why people can't see what's discussed in the MBR, even if they cannot directly take part?

JFox

Smash Hero
Mogwai, it used to be visible about 3 months ago. They changed that without ever telling us why

heres what i think the reason is,

The SBR is full of elitists, and they are lead by an elitist.

And please dont come in here and tell me that the reason for making the SBR private is "so people dont make threads in the melee section about discussion going on in the SBR." cuz thats some horse****.

Eggm

Smash Hero
having it be visible but not postable would be nice I think. and PockyD would be optimal for MBR leadership because he keeps his opinion out of telling people they're wrong, which makes his contributions pretty **** impartial.
If it were viewable i'd have more to do when I caught up on all my subscription threads and when i'm deathly ill like now.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
It's kinda like the US Senate which is open to the public, but the public can't really intervene.

I agree with that option, I want to know what goes down in these discussions.

D

Deleted member

Mogwai, it used to be visible about 3 months ago. They changed that without ever telling us why.
I asked it to be removed since no one used it or looked at it. It was visibly dead from the view counts on the individual topics in it. That's why it was changed.

Anyone can feel free to contact me about anything MBR related. Membership, policies, whatever.

Sensei

Smash Lord
They are controlling everything, they caused WWII and September 11!

xP

On a serious note, I miss falcon dittos in this game or falcon vs anything, cuz falcon can do it any way.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I asked it to be removed since no one used it or looked at it. It was visibly dead from the view counts on the individual topics in it. That's why it was changed.

Anyone can feel free to contact me about anything MBR related. Membership, policies, whatever.
Wasn't it only the archive that was visible? I remember looking through it a couple times, but a lot of it was really old stuff, so there wasn't really a lot of point looking through it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i wouldn't want to run the MBR, i'm sure that dealing with whiners like myself isn't fun, and at the end of the day, nobody respects what they have to say anyway

it'd be nice for a few of us who routinely have these thoughtful discussions to be members though, and a few current members to be removed

seriously, wtf @ pink reaper

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
i wouldn't want to run the MBR, i'm sure that dealing with whiners like myself isn't fun, and at the end of the day, nobody respects what they have to say anyway

it'd be nice for a few of us who routinely have these thoughtful discussions to be members though, and a few current members to be removed

seriously, wtf @ pink reaper

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah

do you honestly think you were deserving over like 20 people on the WC?

i suppose with not going to tournaments and living in the middle of nowhere, you fit right in

D

Deleted member

yeah

do you honestly think you were deserving over like 20 people on the WC?

i suppose with not going to tournaments and living in the middle of nowhere, you fit right in
and who would you have added that isn't already in? now I'm just curious.

pockyD

Smash Legend
off the top of my head, neighborhoodP (yeah), kira, champ, azn lep, axe, and yes, myself

i'm glad that after the original post of you added, you did come around on like fly amanita (and possibly others? it's hard for me to suddenly notice who's in)

i don't have much exposure to anything that goes on outside of cali so it's hard for me to know who would qualify from the other states (washington, oregon, arizona, etc)

i'm not trying to bust pink reaper out as a person because he's a nice guy and all, but he rarely goes to tournaments, doesn't run them (as far as i know), and from what i could tell in very very limited exposure, doesn't have the drive to improve. i don't know the depth of his smash knowledge because i almost never see him post anyway (that's another thing, though it's certainly very possible he justs posts where I don't see it). he's not a terrible person or anything, just not the most qualified in presenting informed opinions on the state of the metagame and the direction it should go

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
In Mow's defense, I think that the task of moderation (making sure things don't get out of hand and people obey the forum rules) should be separate from actually driving discussion in the Melee Back Room.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i think someone should forgo voting privileges and and only work to lead the group in its discussions, focus our energies so to speak

JFox

Smash Hero
i think someone should forgo voting privileges and and only work to lead the group in its discussions, focus our energies so to speak
hmmmm....you mean like some sort of....overseer??? hmmm...who is good at overseeing...hmmmm....

[Fire truck fire truck, what color is that red firetruck....] :laugh:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Or maybe have more than one overseer to at least have a democracy. Or wait... What if this is like that incident in Bleach where Captain Aizen kills the senate [or whatever, the 64 or 40 seat men or whatever, can't remember now lol] and Rukia almost got executed because of that?

I mean like even if more than one member is a overseer what if they get blind and only view what they view... like you guys were saying.

I mean this --------->

scar said:
Originally Posted by Scar
mow that's 100% bull**** and you know it, everyone went INTO the discussion with their own ideas and everyone came OUT OF the discussion with their own ideas

which is why like 15 people voted and it was the exact same vote as what it was before

if you had made an attempt to make it an organized debate over something constructive maybe we would have gotten somewhere
<-------------- I think you guys gotta find out a way everyone can benefit.. I guess compromise or something? yeah I'm just throwing ideas out there. I don't know why but I am. :] I should use my brain for something. heh.

I mean, I heard MBR isn't active, but why should someone not active be doing stuff. I think we need examples or something. I mean when it comes to rules and stuff obviously I can't complain, beggers can't be choosers. Although when I say "democrazy" [**** it now I'm typing it like that because I can't be sure of the spelling haha; leaving it like that] it feels as though I may be missing something. America doesn't feel like democracy, its just really confusing to me.

I like to think, and I realize many things that are not right, I just can't think of them right now. Well, heres one. When a person wants to unite all southern america so that people may be more united, he gets killed. He was trying to do something good, but the cia killed him. Maybe it was bad timing. Meh. [/rambling]

I would edit things I probaly don't think should be here but I don't have time, please disregard me if you think I was just blatently saying stupid things or something :[

D

Deleted member

you want me to forfeit my voting right (lol) and instead pretend to exercise some kind of control as to what a 100+ brilliant people can post on a near infinite amount of subjects?

Scar

#HarveyDent
i'd def be a discussion leader, i'd do that hell yeah

mow lol you picked a lot of people but the vast majority of them are NOT brilliant. sorry dude.

and it's not pretend CONTROL, it's leadership, it's guiding people to talk about what needs to be talked about instead of wasting breath on tangential points that don't contribute to the argument, and if they don't listen to you then fine but i hope that other intelligent people will disregard THEM as a consequence of them straying from the discussion that needs to be had, assuming the leader is good

and if 95% of them were as smart as you think then i wouldn't be wasting my time sifting through those arguments

i get that kishprime doesn't see a "tectonic shift" and that we don't need a new list, and he seems like a very intelligent person, but either he doesn't know jack **** about smash (since the tier list was horrendously wrong when it came out and your bias SHINES through because everyone this side of the mississippi knows how much you hate marth and no one actually playing the game now would put him even in the top 3 much less tied for FOX wtf) or he's just saying nonsensical things to piss me off

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
I might not be in school so no johns for me missing this one, but Scar if SS goes to pound 4 pleaseeeeee beat him.

Niko45

Smash Master
If people are digressing or not contributing intelligently they shouldn't be in the MBR in the 1st place.

I also like Scar's idea of making "Fox" synonymous for 1st. Like, Jimmy Johnson got Fox at the Daytona 500.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If people are digressing or not contributing intelligently they shouldn't be in the MBR in the 1st place.

I also like Scar's idea of making "Fox" synonymous for 1st. Like, Jimmy Johnson got Fox at the Daytona 500.
yea, but you see, the problem is that Mow has more problems vs. good Marths than good Foxes, so obviously Marth is the best despite the trend of Marths blowing in tourney compared to spacies, Sheik and Jiggs.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Or maybe his viewpoint is actually based on the experience he's garnered in his admittedly modest 7+ years of playing everybody there is to play.

Top Bottom