• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtality III - June 2nd-3rd SSB64 Thread

Sensei

Smash Lord
A little over a month away. Can't wait for this xP
It would be cool playing you again Naka.
Oh, and I'm going to try and record a lot of matches. Maybe I might even make a montage? We shall see...
:bandit:

RockLee3145

Smash Rookie
Place

When are there going to be tournments in Illinois or Indiana
So I can Beat everyone and win the tournment

nuro

Smash Lord
you're not going to gain any money from ssb64 tournys unless you live close to one

or some random kid tries to make you play his millionaire friends for thousands of dollars and he pays for your entrance
In the future when SSB64 is released on the virtual console people might decide to run more ssb64 tournaments. Basically there would be a brawl tournament where ssb64 is played as a side tournament.

Sort of like how low tiers work now but instead ssb64.

Although, it depends on who is setting up the tournament and how many wiis will have ssb64 downloaded.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
In the future when SSB64 is released on the virtual console people might decide to run more ssb64 tournaments. Basically there would be a brawl tournament where ssb64 is played as a side tournament.

Although, it depends on who is setting up the tournament and how many wiis will have ssb64 downloaded.
I can't wait for the SSB virtual console release!!

I'm still hoping to be able to make it to this tourney, but I'm not sure yet (work and summer classes may complicate things for me).

Sensei

Smash Lord

If I have to use a gamecube controller I'm not going to play it on the VC, unless they have some adapter that allows you to use a N64 controller from a gamecube port.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
I would put money on somebody somewhere putting together an adapter for the Wii. In fact, there probably already is one. Since the Wii can take GC controllers, an N64 to GC adapter would work, or if the USB ports on the Wii could be made to accept plug and play controllers, which would probably take soome help form Nintendo with some drivers. But if Nintendo was smart, they'd put out some adapters of their own.

Either way, I bet you'll be able to play on the Wii with an N64 controller.

-MR

faceCHEEKwall

Smash Rookie
My friend and I are definitely attending the N64 day. Is there someone I can call to register? I won't be able to make it on Saturday for registration.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
If only i could go...*sigh*i could find out things about me and learn things from the experts.

so can someone record the tournament?

Sensei

Smash Lord
There is still discussion on when to hold the N64 tournament. It may run on both days, like teams on Saturday and singles on Sunday. I'll confirm the schedule once WoZ tells me the info.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
There is still discussion on when to hold the N64 tournament. It may run on both days, like teams on Saturday and singles on Sunday. I'll confirm the schedule once WoZ tells me the info.
nooooo why n64 on two days?
can't make it on saturday
just make N64 one day, Sunday

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Ill probably be there for it, just to ask, if you were there for the first day, do you have to pay for the second day, or what do you do?

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
i can't make it on saturday so i would rather have it all on sunday. but if having a part of it on saturday will make more profit, then go ahead.

faceCHEEKwall

Smash Rookie
So who exactly is in charge of making this decision? Apparently everybody likes Melee more, so wouldn't you need all Saturday for it? Keep 'em on separate days, for chrissake; there are people coming from quite a distance for this. And stop teasing us (whoever you are) by not giving us answers!

_kSo_

Smash Master
who da ***! i got no beef with u dawg cuz i dnt wanna get banned BUT UR ASKING FOR it!! Dnt make me pwn ur falcon u nub!
u need to calm down...lol but whatever

if gerry/joe gimme a lift, im totally theren and i'm brining my neon green system + 4 controllers! (i like to help out) BUt yea totally count me in

*Edit* Also, it would be nice if all the n64 smash was on one day because I dont think i can stay for 2 days. lol and im still thinkin about whether or not to compete in the melee tourney...lol depends on how i do at EVO lol. We'll see

_kSo_

Smash Master
When are there going to be tournments in Illinois or Indiana
So I can Beat everyone and win the tournment
I go to school at Purdue University. See you next semester and I'll host another tourney and see how you do. Show up or shut up.

*ps sorry for the double post this is a long thread i just didnt read all of it in time :p

Sensei

Smash Lord
WoZ has informed me that both SSB64 events (teams/singles) shall take place on Sunday. So be there early for registration and if you want some warm up time.

_kSo_

Smash Master
All right so all ssb64 events on sunday June 3rd. sweetness...me and wonsang are coming. The rest of our crew is busy unfortunately...but yea were def coming.

Sensei

Smash Lord
There will definitely be friendlies before the tournament starts obviously. IDK about during the tournament. We will just have to wait and see how many setups we have on that day. That is a good hint for anybody that has a N64 with smash to bring it on Sunday. We have enough TVs already.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
There's a good chance I can come:)

I'm going to need someone to team with though, preferably someone pretty good , as I don't want to throw away even more money >_>;;;
So uh...anyone want to? How about you, Sensei?:)

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
There's a good chance I can come:)

I'm going to need someone to team with though, preferably someone pretty good , as I don't want to throw away even more money >_>;;;
So uh...anyone want to? How about you, Sensei?:)
sweet... Nintendude is coming
this guy is my idol :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

Sensei

Smash Lord
Make sure you get there early for registration which is 10 AM. The tournament will start around 11 AM, we will not wait for ANYONE! If you're coming on Saturday morning also, then register there for SSB64 so you guys can have more time for friendlies on Sunday and we can set up things quicker. And once again, bring as many setups as you can. Even if its not a complete setup like you only have a system but not smash and vice versa, PLEASE bring it! This will most likely have a lot more participants than previous SSB64 tournaments so we need the setups.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Like I said in the other thread, I was playing like the worst in my life during all three tourneys and the best in my life during all the friendlies. But whatever it was still a lot of fun and great to meet so many people. They should make something to plug a keyboard into an N64 >_>

MattNF

Smash Lord
****, that sucks. I know how you feel though, I was like that at Smashtality 2.

Too bad I wasn't able to go to the SSb64 tournament. I couldn't get a ride to it, though I was there on Saturday. :( I wonder how I could have done.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Well after the losses I was feeling pretty crappy (who doesn't after getting dead last) but when I look back on it I don't care. I had a lot of fun and met lots of great people and in the end that's what counts. It's too bad you couldn't make it though. I was looking forward to meeting more kaillera players.

Top Bottom