• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#SmashTheRecord - Guinness World Record Marathon (Ft. Mango, Hbox, M2K, D1 and VGBC!) (Orlando, FL)

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
August 22nd-25th, 2014

Allure Resort Orlando
8444 International Drive
Orlando FL 32819

Gaming Knights, the Gaming Club at the University of Central Florida (and the group who host the CEO smash tournaments) was just recently allocated 55% of a Senate Bill ($4600) to host/break the Guinness World Record for “Longest Video Games Marathon Playing a Fighting Game”!! The current record is 48 hours, which we will break! The local gamers at UCF will be taking part in the record with the help of the Smash Community. Players who take part will be added to the back of the shirts and be able to play on VGBootCamp's stream! This event will take place in a 5,000 square foot ballroom in Orlando, Florida. We will also have access to one other room for gaming/sleeping, and an outdoor patio area.

With such large space, we will be dedicating a large portion of it to Super Smash Bros. (Melee is the one we are breaking the record with), while the rest of the areas will be available for vendors and other games to be played. We wanted to make this event a big video game hangout.

With the help of the Smash community, we need to raise the other 45% (~$3,300) for this to happen! We already confirmed Mew2King, Mango, D1 and VGBootCamp to fly out to this event!!

Gaming Knights are not gaining any revenue from the event, so all money taken in during the event will go straight to St. Jude PLAY LIVE.

We will be hosting a GoFundMe page (coming soon). All money brought in that surpasses our goal will go directly into the event (bringing more pro players, offering more services there, etc.)

Follow Gaming Knights: https://www.facebook.com/GamingKnights1

We are also launching a shirt campaign through Teespring (soon) to help raise funds/awareness for the event! We will be printing the gamertags of all those who order shirts on the back of them to show who supported the event!

The tournaments will all be free, but we will be asking for a $10 donation at the door which will go to charity!

If you would like to participate, help out or sponsor the event, please email Alex Chiricosta at 'cherry@knights.ucf.edu'

PLEASE HELP DONATE OR JUST SPREAD THE WORD!
IndieGoGo Page

Last edited:

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
Wait so the state of florida is helping you guys break a world record? My town won't even help our local skatepark get funding for lights. I now know who to complain to.

On topic: This is a pretty cool Idea. I might go to this and play one match and get wrecked just to be apart of it. Don't even want to play on stream unless I'm misreading that incentive and playing at the record event is your chance to play on stream. Would be cool if you guys had 64 set up on the side too.

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
Nahh just come to the event! We will be inviting people to play on the stream, just said that most of it will be people playing against Gahtzu, M2K and Mango lol. We will be having setups for all Smash games, plus other non-smash events!

CoConuttss

Smash Rookie
Is there going to be transportation available from the UCF campus itself? i am attending and do not have a car:crazy:

Top Bottom