• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashTournament.com & NYU Game Center present: Fall Brawl, Melee, & Project M

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
We need setups!
All setups brought and used will be reimbursed during the end of the event!

TV: $3.00
Wii/Cube: $2.00
Quoted for emphasis. We'll need TVs especially.
Bring TVs everyone! You CAN bring more than one for more money!!

Could I also get a full venue discount if I bring a Wii and megabus here from MD?
Sorry, we don't have transit discounts, although it is something we want to look into for future events.

Doors open at 10am right? I'm trying to get here as early as possible and don't want security to tackle me again :urg:
Yup, 10am at the earliest.

There is security on the ground floor - just let them know you're there for the event on the 9th floor.

iRJi

Smash Champion
This is an important announcement.

As a tournament organizer, I am always looking for ways to better my tournaments. By doing so, events will run more smoothly without problems. This could range from a variety of possibilities. Those of you who know me very well often know that I am about equal rights and respect towards one another. What people often overlook while holding events is that the people from the event all come from different worlds and lifestyles, and we often step boundaries when we are talking and meeting one another.

As a tournament organizer, like I said, am always trying to find a way to improve my events, and I have done a lot of reshaping and sculpting throughout my events and experiences. I bring to the table a new rule to follow, and while this might be hard, I feel that making this a valid and static rule will help the community grow as individuals, as well as make not only mine, but everybody's tournament environments more fruitful.

All of my tournaments will be using this rule from this day forward:

"Any violence that happens on the premises of the event will have you warned or removed from the venue without a refund, and a possible ban may occur from future events depending on the severity of the act. This includes (but not limited to): Verbal abuse, discriminating actions (against bisexuals, transsexuals, homosexuals, African-Americans, or any other race or religion that can be deemed discrimination(Yes, calling a person or action gay, saying **** to describe how badly you lost, calling a girl disrespectful names all fall under this category)), extreme disrespect to women and men alike, fighting, and/or assault."

I hope everyone will respect one another, so that the tournament(s) will be more adventurous for all.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Damn. Cant bring any TVs but I sure hope theres a non HD tv ready for use when I get there to set my wii up

:phone:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
WHAT IF, instead of of teaching people that there are certain words that we can say that we shouldn't just because they offend people, we were teach people to not be offended? Because IKE forbid, not everyone is trying to be maximally offensive at all times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bwGsOBTlhE

Have you not considered the issue is the context, and not the words themselves? Or perhaps there are people who are made upset by other things and look for something stupid like language to get upset about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBO8c7v7guI

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Probably going to this if I don't horribly oversleep.
I'll bring a 360 with UMvC3 if I do go.

Bring your arcade sticks if you can, people.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ill be heading over too this soon. who is good and needs a melee partner and if there is enough people can
we do pm teams too?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Just got back, Some notes.
1. Project M is amazing
1.1: to Will, I cannot be mad at my 4 SD's, too nice a player
2. I am quitting brawl, or at least I won't play brawl at melee tournaments or vice-versa, too hard to switch back and forth
4. F*** Foxes shine vs Luigi's recovery, lost to 2 foxes in Melee, need to grab :ledge: more
5. To Sledge, sry about the 3rd match, you had a win
6. To everyone who got misfired, :joyful: :roll:
7. To everyone who I had friendlies with, ggs, especially to The Moon at the beginning and to whoever I cannot remember for the Project M friendlies
8. To :shades: for teaming, was fun
9. To the NYU melee scene, you guys are real good, wish I went there
10. Mostly, to the 3 tournament organizers, really well done

Jtails

Smash Lord
To add to the results is
4th Salem
5th Jtails
5th Penta I believe :p
7th Will
7th Orion
Dark peach
Looney tunes.

Doubles-
1. M2k + Nairo
2. Jtails + Will
3. Penta + Naora (sorry idk how to spell it)

Just going off the top of my head, most likely incorrect.

:phone:

killa k

Smash Ace
Good stuff yesterday. Had a blast playing friendlies, teams, amateur bracket, and some project M. It was cool seeing all the old faces I used to see back in the web2zone days. Nice finally meeting you Koro, and playing in teams. Kinda wish I won amateur bracket, but I'm satisfied for now. Great stuff to the TO's especially. Everything went quite smooth, and you got my friend Serious up on the stream :lol:.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
There were too many MKs this tourney, some of which I've never even heard of :0

Thats why I just went for the friendlies and MMs even though i didn't get to MM anyone xD

Top Bottom