• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMBU 08 Lite Edition: Smash Valley Championships! Edinburg, Tx August 9

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
The Rio Grande Valley's mid-summer classic is back, although in a smaller fashion. This will be the third installment of the SMBU series, and the very first for a Brawl event. The past 2 years have seen up state players clash with local champs in memorable matches, and this year no doubt will be the same. SMBU tournaments easily achieves over 30 participants, and no doubt this year will deliver aswell.

Note: This weekend is also SMASHMEX in Monterrey, Mx, and some Valley players will be attending that. I hope SMBU would be a great alternative to those unable to make it to SMASHMEX.

Valley Crew Presents
SMBU 08
Smash Valley Championships
Super Smash Bros Brawl and Melee Tournaments
Date: August 9 2008
Venue: Cyber Comics Blam! 4201 W. University Dr. Edinburg,Tx
Format: Double Elimination
Time: Sign-In's begin @ 11:00 AM
Competition starts @ 1:00 PM
Fees: $5 Venue Fee
$5 Brawl
$5 Melee

However if you participate in both you pay $3 at the door.
Doubles for both competitions will be based on interest in them.

Gobz means quality.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
Fees done yet?
I just care about melee. Might play friendlies in Brawl but I don't wanna put money into my camping skills.
Also will there be doubles for Melee?

Broly

Smash Lord
kinda dumb how brawl has to be shared w/ melee while last tourny, only melee was in...but idc, more money for me...

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
well the last tournament was hosted by Cyber Comics themselves, rather than myself. Cyber doesn't know what's up or how to promote tournies.

Broly

Smash Lord
kk, hey im not sure, but we may get there a bit late...pax gots to finish exams...lol, but we should b leavin b'ville by 12;30pm..is it cool?

defsithe

Smash Ace
kinda dumb how brawl has to be shared w/ melee while last tourny, only melee was in...but idc, more money for me...
dont u mean kinda dumb that melee has to be shared with brawl :chuckle:

anyways mikey is gonna win here and then go to monterrey and win some over there on sunday. maybe. i think that is the plan. either way harlingen is gonna dominate all one of us. lol

Top Bottom