• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smoke Damage???

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I recall just before brawl came out, there being news reports on teh intawebz stating that if you happen to smoke, and there was smoke near your wii, because brawl is a dual-layered disc, it would not read the disc and damage your disc drive. It did not specify what type of smoke (lol I doubt it matters), anyways I was wondering is this misfortune happens to have befallen anyone, or if you know anyone it has happened to.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I don't know, they might be true; I say this because my friend's house burned down, and his Wii was charred and unusable afterwards due to smoke damage.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Alright, if for some reason I had to...here's how I would do it.
I would replace the head on my vaporizer with a syringe, then use the pump to draw air into the little chamber, then push it out of the needle at the end and inhale the air that comes out. However, this sounds hazardous and totally unnecessary, so I'll probably stick to my normal methods, even though I'm Dodongo and I doesn't afraid of anything.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Coincidentally, cigarette smoke is actaully supposed to be worse than other kinds of smoke (insence, cooking, random **** on fire).
It's cause the smoke particles are much stickier because of all the chemicals in it. If it was just tobacco and the paper around it, it'd be less damaging to electronics.
But, this is actually true. Not a rumor.

Top Bottom