• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMURF, NASTY, & FURY PRESENT: BATTLE ROYALE EASTER SMASH!! W. READING, PA. APRIL 11th

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
How many setups do we currently have? I can maybe bring a small ****ty TV if needed, but I'm hoping we have at least 10 setups. I hate tournaments where there aren't many friendlies. Everyone try and bring a wii and tv. Let me know how many we have coming Nasty. I might be able to dig up a few if needed
As of now we have 13 tv's and 10 wii's that are 99.9%. This is just from pllz that are going to let us borrow there stuff and not the pllz that said they are going to bring there own set ups. If i count the people that say they are going to bring a set up i believe thats 3-4, and people that are just bringing wii's are about 3-4. This count doesnt include pllz that are thinknig of coming but will not lend us there tv if they don't (this count is about 2). What we want to do is have a minimum of 15 set ups. 10 set ups only for tourney and 5 for w/e. s0o if u can bring a set up it surely won't hurt. Either this week or next week we will post everyone that is bring a set up and write next to their name if they are just bringing a tv, a wii, or both.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Grape, you heard it from Smurf. any bit will help and we are shooting for 15 set ups. we're pretty close to that number. i know what you mean about not being able to play friendlies.. i hate that sh*t and so does smurf and fury so the more the better

Hey that looks cool, I thought when you were at our place last time you said it was at a LAN center...

Nick
that's what we were originally looking for but we got this place instead. it's pretty bad*ss

Very nice venue. Gonna love the space. Who wants to MMA fight in between matches lol
lol, i'm sure fury will love to take you up on that. He was actually 4th best in the WORLD his senior year of high school. no jokes. you don't wanna wrestle this kid

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Grape, you heard it from Smurf. any bit will help and we are shooting for 15 set ups. we're pretty close to that number. i know what you mean about not being able to play friendlies.. i hate that sh*t and so does smurf and fury so the more the better

that's what we were originally looking for but we got this place instead. it's pretty bad*ss

lol, i'm sure fury will love to take you up on that. He was actually 4th best in the WORLD his senior year of high school. no jokes. you don't wanna wrestle this kid
haha come on it wasn't even scholastic... (my attempt at being modest) lol

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
lol Fury.

To Everyone: i put a list of ppl that are bringing tv's and wii's up on the first page. they aren't equal amounts so not everyone's name matches up w/ tv's and wii's but i did my best to make a little chart. check it out, you'll see what i mean. the question marks denote that we aren't positive if they will bring it.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I was gonna say it's not like there's some rankings list or official worldwide tournament for scholastic wrestling

what was it then? greco? I tried that out for a month or so, it expanded my freestyle game a LITTLE but I hate it because I'm not like super strong upper body, I have to just do a lot of funky john smith BS with legs. I can't stand greco lol

I just found out today that my college recruited me for wrestling and I had no intention of ever doing it

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
If i brought a Wii, would you guys allow texture hacks? The only other codes I have on are infinite replays, free moving pause camera, and no tripping (I can take that off if you want >_>)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If i brought a Wii, would you guys allow texture hacks? The only other codes have on are infinite replays, free moving pause camera, and no tripping (I can take that off if you want >_>)
Only if it has Super Sonic/Shadow/Scourge/Metal Sonic texture hack.

If you have that, I'll love you forever.

:093:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Only if it has Super Sonic/Shadow/Scourge/Metal Sonic texture hack.

If you have that, I'll love you forever.

I actually have all 4 of those O_O
Well green Sonic isn't actually Scourge since the link to DL him was down. He's Sonic with green fur. But he still looks awezum.

Edit: Oh and yeah, I have a Fierce Deity Link costume as well.

:057:

Phase

Smash Apprentice
you can put me down for a wii if you'd like and approve of mine with the replay hack and all, id really like to record some matches like i did for spawn point.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
phase, i'm all for you bringing your wii, i've played on it and nothing else was different except the infinite replays which to me is fine and would be great to have. i'm gonna make the call here and say bring it.

Truth, not too sure about yours.. that's quite a bit of things, i'll see with smurf and fury

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well...can he at least bring it for friendly lulz?

I...have to have play with all 4 of those costumes...

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
you can put me down for a wii if you'd like and approve of mine with the replay hack and all, id really like to record some matches like i did for spawn point.
omg man Link vs. TL ftw.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Truth, not too sure about yours.. that's quite a bit of things, i'll see with smurf and fury
Like I said I can take off a couple codes and the texture hacks are purely aesthetic, don't affect gameplay whatsoever and only cause the Wii to freeze when there's 4 people...even then there's still like a .001% chance of that happening

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Epic win.

I'm even more excited for this thing now, lol

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
hmm if we have enough time maybe we can get a low tier tourney going :) i kno NAsty would def enjoy that lol... And then Low tier teams would be next. What yall say to that......

Phase

Smash Apprentice
omg man Link vs. TL ftw.
o its gonna be fun :D

side note: i've noticed a few other tourneys on this same day though i really dont think it will effect us. Nikok is having one up in canada so ally is no longer considering this one i believe, chu is having some thing up in md, and of course hobo will be going on from the 10th-12th. But like i said i really dont think this will have any effect on how awesome this tourney should be

hmm if we have enough time maybe we can get a low tier tourney going :) i kno NAsty would def enjoy that lol... And then Low tier teams would be next. What yall say to that......
i would love to bust out some mario or falcon :D if there was indeed time for it/me considering the time it would take to get home

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna say it's not like there's some rankings list or official worldwide tournament for scholastic wrestling

what was it then? greco? I tried that out for a month or so, it expanded my freestyle game a LITTLE but I hate it because I'm not like super strong upper body, I have to just do a lot of funky john smith BS with legs. I can't stand greco lol

I just found out today that my college recruited me for wrestling and I had no intention of ever doing it
It was freestyle wrestling. It was called the Down Under Sports Tours and I was on the mid-states team (PA, Texas, West Virginia, and NY). 3 days in Hawaii and 8 days in Australia for a worldwide team tourney and a worldwide individual tourney. My team took the gold and I got fourth in my weight class for the individual tourney. It was pretty sweet. But there were only 13 people in my weight class (though they were "the best" from throughout the world)

OMG phase and i were just talking about how there should be a fierce deity link costume as a color choice

edit: i wrestled in 7th grade. im FTW. ill mm fury LOL
You're on! :)

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
well truth, you got it, bring the wii, mostly for the friendlies though

Phase, i agree, it really shouldn't affect the turnout here.. this is gonna be epic. i just hope chu's date doesn't affect team maryland from coming to this.

Side Note: does it ever occur to ppl to look for a date that no one else already took.? d*mn, where's the consideration?

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
well truth, you got it, bring the wii, mostly for the friendlies though

Phase, i agree, it really shouldn't affect the turnout here.. this is gonna be epic. i just hope chu's date doesn't affect team maryland from coming to this.

Side Note: does it ever occur to ppl to look for a date that no one else already took.? d*mn, where's the consideration?
well we kinda stepped on HOBO's shoes, but we didn't kno. ANd i don't think chu dat's thing is a tourney

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
haha i dont know whats up with all this wrestling talk. I'm not trying to WRESTLE, I said MMA. I'm real into muay thai, so if you try and wrestle me I can't promise there won't be a lightning knee coming to your face :) it would still be fun though I say

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm accepting MM's against anyone from western PA (not vex, andyg, etc) with any of the following characters:

Snake
Falco
Metaknight
Sheik/Zelda
Wario
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Rob
Kirby
Marth

No stupid counter matchups, all neutral stages in every MM.

$1-5 for whatever, your choice.
$1 = 1 match
$2-4 = best of 3
$5 = best of 5 (too fun!!!)

Also, I will MM anyone in melee for 5:1 odds at this, best 3/5 sets. $25 if you win, $5 if I win.

I want to have so many MM's I never stop playing. Give Plank a MM TV!!!!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm accepting MM's against anyone from western PA (not vex, andyg, etc) with any of the following characters:

Snake
Falco
Metaknight
Sheik/Zelda
Wario
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Rob
Kirby
Marth

No stupid counter matchups, all neutral stages in every MM.

$1-5 for whatever, your choice.
$1 = 1 match
$2-4 = best of 3
$5 = best of 5 (too fun!!!)

Also, I will MM anyone in melee for 5:1 odds at this, best 3/5 sets. $25 if you win, $5 if I win.

I want to have so many MM's I never stop playing. Give Plank a MM TV!!!!
$3 MK Dittos MM

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
haha i dont know whats up with all this wrestling talk. I'm not trying to WRESTLE, I said MMA. I'm real into muay thai, so if you try and wrestle me I can't promise there won't be a lightning knee coming to your face :) it would still be fun though I say
LOLLLL I concede defeat... On another note, If you, phase, and wrek want another crew battle against the king's court, we'll be more than happy to oblige.. And this time, I'm taking two members down myself. :)

Top Bottom