• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
hbox if you come you will win obviously

last 2 smyms had around 120 peeps

120 X 10 X .6(for first) = 720$

if you get a decent partner you could win teams also (another $720)

so 1440 - 300 plane ticket =

1140$ profit

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...hes gonna come and only like 70 ppl are gonna show up heh.

also good 2 kno ppl are sleepin on me and trail for teams....some nigg@s gonna get murdered at this...Howells boys taking top 3!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
70 people? Why, that would be my dream come true.

There was another time we had way fewer than expected. I think it was #5? It ran soooo smoothly.

Mendoza

Smash Apprentice
Howells' Boys gonna get wrecked by Team Grief.

I'm shooting for top placing Samus. No offense Watty and Spaceballs.

MM$ on Samus dittos.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I need some help on the Falco, Sheik, Peach, and Samus matchups for my Falcon come friendly time at this. Anyone wanna help me out a little bit =D? I don't do particularly bad against them(maybe....), it's just I seem to get gayed by them the most and tend to be predictable so it'd be cool beans if I got help with them a bit.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea, I need samus,sheik and peach practice too guys =) and hungrybox's puff practice
and maybe some mario and ICs

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok well DippnDots, be expecting me to hunt your butt down because I REALLY need work on those two matchups. That is, I'll be hunting you down after I'm finished with dubz completely and eating Fat Sandwich Company.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
My prediction:
1st: Tink
2nd:Darkrain
3rd: Kels
4th: Some random samus
5th: too many to choose from

for doubles
I think kels and his partner is getting first

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Fox having a problem is bad because...? so its only problem is really just un legit johns then?
Fox doesn't do bad there. Fox is better on floats than most characters are.
un legit johns would be something like whining because you lost to somebody's secondary until they switch to their main because you can't beat their secondary, whereas you can beat their main.
now are you really in favor of banning maps that give fox any sort of advantage? Clearly the stages which have been used for so many years now have been too good for fox; that is why he wins every tournament most tournaments more tournaments than any other character oh wait fox never wins.
the stage should be banned because it is lame, greatly prohibits approaching, greatly favors campy play styles, and makes certain characters, namely ICs, completely unusable.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Clearly the stages which have been used for so many years now have been too good for fox; that is why he wins every tournament most tournaments more tournaments than any other character oh wait fox never wins.
So far in my analysis of tournament results, fox has won 3 times as many tournaments as any other character, and placed top8 more than anyone else.

Dart

Smash Lord
Fox doesn't do bad there. Fox is better on floats than most characters are.
un legit johns would be something like whining because you lost to somebody's secondary until they switch to their main because you can't beat their secondary, whereas you can beat their main.
now are you really in favor of banning maps that give fox any sort of advantage? Clearly the stages which have been used for so many years now have been too good for fox; that is why he wins every tournament most tournaments more tournaments than any other character oh wait fox never wins.
the stage should be banned because it is lame, greatly prohibits approaching, greatly favors campy play styles, and makes certain characters, namely ICs, completely unusable.
but nothing stops the player from having a secondary that can overcome these situations. no johns there...but that also brings up the rebuttal "but you shouldn't be forced to use a different character to play on a stage"
but my answer to that is, in theory the more characters you can "play" as will increase your chances of winning so long as you're as capable with them as your main. i mean this is why i picked up fox for stages like stadium cruise japes etc...because my main is not so hot on them *marth.* i don't find it a problem really, but i guess thats just imo

EDIT: yes i realize marth isn't that bad on stadium, but i personally don't do well against spacies or falcon when the stage changes so personal johns i guess

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
marth is terrible on stadium. every single one of the transformations disfavors him in pretty much every matchup that matters, and the neutral stage is just mediocre for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom