• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smym 12 results!

-Chad-

Slackerator
I need someone to stand beside me and make character choices plz

edit for joot

These are johns. I am johning for reals.

Dart you're amazing now, I need to practice vs marth more for sure :O

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
@Josh, loll wow.
@Spencer, thanks for letting me know and thanks for forgiveness haha. I'll prolly now be known as the least mannered smash bros player in the midwest =P
@chad, Hero of Time

-Chad-

Slackerator
Also STQ I need to practice more against you next time..you and dart both made me realize I should only play Pika against Marth cause my Fox is scared of him.

:(

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I had a blast at this thing. I really hope my first SMYM will not be the last one.

Super Brief Shoutouts (might do full ones later):

Deku, BunBun, AOB: Thanks for running this **** guys. I really had a blast. Good games and good to see you Alex. Good seeing you too Andrew even though we didnt play :(

Darkrain- You are a monster and I love your falcon

Cosmo- You are definitely the most consistent and patient player I have ever seen. I love watching your Zelda and I figured that since you were more focused on OoT recently that you wouldn't place as well. Good stuff proving me wrong

Darkatma- *cunning beats kels* "Ah damn, now Purdue will never shut up" LOL XD. Good stuff too bad we didn't play :(

Dart- Crazy *** comeback against Trail. You will beat sheik soon, you got this.

Little England- My nuccah! Good stuff teaming this weekend, even though our synergy was little off and you had some controller johns. Also, good stuff in singles, you definitely keep me inspired to get better at this game. We are going to rock some people at GSS

Ckit- Good to see you anthony, and im glad you entered singles. I want some training over spring break :D

Kels- Everyone has a bad day. No johns, get over it, and kick some *** at GSS.

Jay- Phantom Shoutout

Everyone else: You guys are awesome. If you missed this tournament you ****ed up.

BunBun

Smash Master
Now that I'm actually home and have gotten food, Shoutouts!

General:
We shouldn't have to hold the tournament up just because you want to play on the livestream. Stop being children.
Other than that, good stuff everyone. We went over on our allotted time (lol), but when I asked everyone to stop playing and shut down, everyone (except ORLY =P ) listened and stopped. Awesome job on packing up and getting out.
Everyone who donated to my speeding ticket fund: Thanks so much! Especially Shonic!

Whoever clogged the toilet and just left it there, flooding: **** you. Seriously, **** you. It took Deku and I half an hour to mop up that mess.

CunningKegstandKitsune: =D
ChokieMinhTrail: D=
Rat: Dude, good matches. I'm going to work on adapting to different Samus styles better. I got so used to IHSB that I forgot about A LOT of things she can do xD. I'm coming for you next time though, $5 again. And also, MAD GOOD in bracket.
PEEF: There was a 3 way tie, all rock-paper-scissors, but the win/loss counts put you in 3rd lol. Mad respect for the placing you took without wobbling. Thanks for setting up the livestream and all that.
AOB: You're old. Thanks for setting up in the morning and being there most of the day.
Phat: Nothing needs to be said. <3
Deku: What's a TO do? Certainly the answer isn't "run a tournament" =P. I totally understand though. Glad you didn't have to go into any of your matches cold, and good job destroying everything in teams and a lot in singles.
Darkrain: Good job winning the tournament, and especially making it so GFs only took like 10 minutes. Thanks for entering people into TIO as well. See you at E52.
dmac: NEXT TIME, GADGET!
TripleR: HAHAHA, I never thought I would actually enjoy Kirby dittos. WTF at the left side of KJ64 O_o
These aren't done, I accidentally hit the button.
ORLY: Our Ironman will be settled next time. Nyahahaha
Cosmo: Tight. Super tight man. You told me you'd be in the money, and you were damn right. Glad you guys made it out.
Kels: Don't get discouraged. Bring it back next tournament. **** happens sometimes, man.
Wayne: Get fonzled.
Matt: Timed out by Zelda? That was a crazy set though, it's a shame only like 2 people were watching =/

Okay, I'm really tired. I'll do more later, but for now, state general:
Michigan: I haven't met like, any of you before, except Velynn. Nice to meet you guys, and you guys are super awesome.
Minnesotane: WAHAHA Minnesota is too good. Max, sorry for having you in the same pool as RRR. Fun meeting all you new peeps.
Illinois: You guys are lame. Except TJ.
Indiana + Purdue: Love you guys, especially my purdue peeps. DJ looking mad cute with that Sheik now.
Ohio/NorthKY: <3 Thanks for making that drive.
Kansas: You're all horrible, horrible people, especially Massive.
Midsouth: no.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Shoutouts

1: darkrain: omg I never got my **** pushed in THAT far! I'm a biiiiig SS fanboy, but now I think I like your Falcon the same or more! Good stuff at this.
2: Cosmo: Amazing job at this man! You completely tore through the bracket. I envy your patience and stamina! You should go OoS more.
(+100 respect points also)
3: Andale: :urg:
4: darkatma: Same as Andale. Also, who did Kels lose to again? ;) lol
5: Aarosmashguy: Niiiiice! I think you're 50% responsible for all the jank results. GJ!
5: Matt R: Impressive! I gotta see the chain combo you did on Darkrain. haha
7: Duck: That Saaaaaaamus! See you at GSS! :D
7: Rat: That Saaaaaamus! See you at GSS?
9: Dart!: Daaaaamn that zero to death was AMAZING! Good ****! Also, imo you should stick to your guns and learn the Sheik matchup with Marth. Then again I go Fox for a few matchups too so..ya. lol
9: Tom R: Man I got *****! Until next time. ;)
9: Deku: I was going for you this tourney! You always impress me though with your focused/persistent play. Thanks for making this all possible too!
9: dmac: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
13: Trail: Nice to finally meet you dude! Anthony is going to Jay's place next week. You should definitely tag along!
13: Little England: Not too shabby.
13: CKIT: Haha tearin' it uuuuuuup! Impressed with everything you did at this tournament, between entering teams, to entering siiiiingles to ****** KELS!!! :awesome: *shameless gloat* lol
13: Salt: Nice talking to you dude! Cool guy. Glad you made the trip!
17: STQ: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
17: Fear: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
17: Tink: Sorry I didn't make it farther. Blame the Super R Bros! :c
17: Z: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
17: Kels: Didn't mean to jinx you dude! I really wanted to see Kels vs Darkrain, but what we got instead with all the upsets and stuff was comparable if you ask me. Don't let it get you down though. You ****.
17: AppleJack: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
17: Moose: Can't wait for GSS! You're a really cool guy too. Nice to finally meet you. We didn't get to play any singles, but I'm sure we'll get plenty at your place. Good **** beating Iori too!
17: Quaz: Didn't play you. >_<
25: -Chad-: PikaChad? If so, you and Iori sandbagged mad hard! lol
25: Iori: See the above. But man, you are MAAAAAD good. Really fun/close MM! We gotta do it again next time!
25: Viperboy: GGs and nice to meet you. I was taking notes from your Falco during our set. I think I need to be more efficient! lol Wish I could've played you more.
25: Iamthemicrowave: Geeeeeeorge! Good **** man! I wish I could've watched your set against PEEF. I heard it was priy gud.
25: ORLY: You should stomp OoS against noob Falcos who do aerial shine shield pressure on Falcon. :p
25: Chexr: GGs in teams. I can tell your really experienced on Cruise.
25: BlackPanther: Good chillin with you, and GGs in pools. I think my main advice in that matchup is hit the bird and don't let him go. After you hit him you should get A LOT of damage or the stock. Oh, and moonwalk>stylin' is mad good against Falco. lol Aaaaand that SW combo you got on me was NUTS! lol
25: Tomacawk: Good to see you again. Didn't get to see any of your matches though.
33: Massive: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
33: JBM: Didn't play/meet you, but I heard the Marth is sick! lol
33: Bisu: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
33: GooeyBanana: Didn't play you. >_<
33: Rezo: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
33: TheNumberJay: GGs in bracket and fun friendlies! See you next time!
33: PEEF!: Fun chillin with you on the stream! We'll have to do it again sometime.
33: Jace: Didn't play/meet you. >_< I heard good things from you though, so I wanted to!
33: Vino: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
33: Scyth: GGs in teams! Pretty sick Fox thurr.
33: Myztek: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
33: Phat: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
33: TripleR: I watched some of that Kirby! lol! Cool stuff.
33: Sanchez: Nice to see you again.
33: JuggleGuy: Nice to see you again too. Close stuff with Ripple! I was pullin for you!
33: Sveet: Nice to see you again.
49: Rainbow Dash: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: Lemone: GGs in bracket! Do you have a main? lol
49: Smeesh: Did we play?
49: Tempest: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: CaptainPr0n: ....the ness main. lol (jk....sorta)
49: ********: Fix your windshield wipers! You should've seen your eyes during those close sets. lol like this...O_O lmao
49: Kail: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: HyperDragon: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: TOGP: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: KittyHugz: GGs all around dude. Relentless Puff in teams. Highly impressed.
49: Sniper: Glad you made it out dude! Love the technical Fox! Keep at it.
49: CaseSoldier: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: Joot: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: Soul: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: FrootLoop: Didn't play/meet you. >_<
49: Sync: Didn't play/meet you. >_<

Extra shoutouts

Purdue rolled in pretty deep!

Lance: I always like teaming with you! Synergy was a bit off, but oh wells. Stuff happens. Also, can't wait to enter the hyperbolic time chamber! That's gunna ****. We'll come out with teh big guns and take em out! :067:

Jay- upthrow>****>nair>jab reset>
rest
>heartbreak. loooooooooooool You were flippin' OUT! Thanks for driving and stuff!

Corey- I'm glad you made it out man! I'm sure you enjoyed it, especially since you could watch a Falcon completely annihilate everything! :p

TOs

BunBun- Nice to meet you man! Really good job running this man. I'm sure it can be stressful at times so I appreciate it! We'll get some games in next time!

AOB- Assertive! I like that. *no homo* XD

The trolls

Hondafoo and ARC- Glad you guys made it out, aaaand.....get *****. looooooooooooooool

All in all, pretty much the most fun/eventful tournament I've ever been too. <333Midwest :bluejump:

Moooose

Smash Champion
i was a little upset i lost to a random marth stq in pools
a little less upset when i found out it was austinRC

good **** everybody

BunBun

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOOL DJ Got banned because someone called attention to his avatar xD

Also, the My Little Ponies was Memphis.

AppleJack = IHSB
Rainbow Dash = Me

Chexr

Smash Ace
Good thing I play in a state where Aaron never goes to tournaments and nobody OOS ever comes otherwise the scrubs here would find out how bad I really am.

Shout outs to Cosmo for getting 2nd.

To Phat for being a baller.

To Darkrain for being the stone cold nuts.

And to Tink for making my car laugh as we drove by while a cop was giving him a ticket

I had a lot of fun talking to people at this tournament but not as much fun playing for some reason. Thanks for hosting guys.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
For some reason I really underachieve at SMYMs. This time it was definitely that damn Fat Sandwich, taking all the blood away from my brain while digesting during pools...

darkrain: I like how you heroically reappeared from the abyss after comboing Cosmo to hell in GFs
Cosmo: The more I see you play, the more I wish you would go to a national tournament and do work
Andale: Good doubles matches! I hope you don't retire because I need to beat you in teams someday
darkatma: Good seeing you and STL again, and thanks so much for letting me and Arc stay in your room. And good **** getting 4th man, I'm picking up Sheik now because of you!
Dart!: GOOD. SH*T. MAN. I need to learn your secret for getting better so quickly, it's insane how much you've improved since HD and SMYM11 last year
Iori: How are you so good with so many characters...including DK wtf!! GGs
ORLY: Ya rly! Fun MMs man—that is, the most fun I've ever had losing $2 and getting knee'd by Falcon
JuggleGuy: Good seeing you again man! The look on your face when DBY and STQ were revealed made the tournament for me haha
********: Good seeing you, as always! Hopefully by going to all these tournaments we'll continue to get better faster than everyone else
BunBunBunBunBunBun: Hi
IHSB: I forgot to mention it, but that one time you were telling us your Japan stories in the airport, when you said "Isn't it great being white?" there was this black man sitting behind you that turned around and gave you the best/worst look ever

POOLS:
Kels: You looked really down at times, you'll do better next time
Iamthemicrowave: I remember you from my pool at SMYM10! You've gotten better and I've gotten worse LOL
Sanchez: Intense matches, especially in singles. Very good Fox!
Salt: One of the most patient, deliberate players I've ever faced. It was a nice change of pace!

I think I'm getting worse at this game honestly. Maybe I should just quit now...

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
cotdamn Cosmo is good. 2nd place in a 109 person tournament with Zelda, and after taking months off from the game? shiiieeet

Darkrain doin' work. He was a man on a mission this tournament.

Mah boy Dart putting an epic set in his resume. Good **** bro.

Metà

Smash Master
Good **** Cosmo!!

I can't wait to see the videos for this. MW rolls deep. wtf @ kels and tink though lol

Also, CKIT = Cunning Kitsune right? I thought he was like, long retired

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Shout outs!

@Midwest: Too much Captain Falcon

@Everyone i played: GG's I really enjoyed all the experience I picked up. Will try hard to improve and also pick up a good character for once.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
LinkMO(bert): It was so great that you made it out here by yourself.. Mizzou sucks man.. move to stl with us =]
Ya know, my home town is in Washington (under an hourish from StL) and I visit my home quite a bit. I need to get your guys' numbers so I can drive down there and smash with u guys. I'll send u a PM soon.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
I had fun at my first SMYM. I enjoyed living in the midwest. Too bad I have to move back to SoCal. I'll miss all of y'all, I wish I could have stayed here.

Trail - Thanks for the ride, it was nice hanging out with you, I can't thank you enough, I really owe you man. If you and Anthony ever think about coming down to socal, hit me up, I'd be more than happy to help you guys. I could probably get you guys an empty apartment for a few days since my mom's the manager of an apartment complex.

CKIT - ^ what I said there. GG's man, GJ owning everyone at viper and lemone's place. Learn to enjoy the pressure in tourneys so I can watch you own some more.

Viperboy and Lemone - Thanks for the housing guys, it was fun hanging out, nice meeting you guys.

Dart and Peef - Hope that subconscious relationship works out well guys. LOL. Had fun playing you Dart, nice playing with you guys, nice meeting you peef, i'll try to bring a socal crew to your tourney in the summer or whenever you're gonna hold it.

Andale - GG's in bracket. That phantom rest was horribly hilarious. I hope it was recorded or something. Good job 3rd place but MAN that ledge camping was so boring I almost fell asleep LOL.

Rat - Good job on 7th man. I had fun at your smashfests, too bad I have to move back to socal.

darkatma - Nice remeeting you, you got really good since I last saw you, I remember seeing a scrub before, now it's so fun watching you, you got so flashy. Love your style.

Deku - GG's in money matches, I need to learn that falco fox matchup^ ^.

Little England - We never got to play each other but nice meeting you again. See you in socal sometime?

Salt - GG's in friendlies

Tink - Nice seeing you at smashing grounds and SMYM, love your marth.

Kels - Man after evo world 2007 I still can't believe you got so good. You definitely coulda placed a lot better but hey man, everyone has their off days. GG's, nice meeting you again, I had fun playing you at Rat's smashfests and SMYM and smashing grounds xD.

ORLY - Always have fun playing you, love your falcon's style, keep it up, if I ever come to Chicago again I'll definitely hit you up.

GooeyBanana - We never got that MM rematch ]=

TheNumberJay - GG's at viperboy's

Sveet - Nice meeting you, I enjoyed playing and hanging out with you at my smashfests and smashing grounds and whatnot. I'll definitely hit you up if I ever come to Chicago again.

Lily - It was really cool to meet a girl who wants to main falcon. You should definitely get good at it! It'd be really awesome to see a female falcon player. Nice talking to you and watching matches with you.

BYE MIDWEST, <3333 TO EVERYONE.

P.S. Sorry if I missed you.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
I'm pretty disappointed with how I played in singles.

although I was playing pretty good against cosmo and still lost :(

GG

aarosmashguy 2
dekuscrub 0
sighhhhh

Rat

Smash Lord
Ok I've recovered a bit from the tournament. Here's some shout-outs.

0: Vro - You are on another level. Go to tournaments and show people dammit!
1: darkrain - Amazing focus control.
2: Cosmo - I think i look up to you too much. I'm gonna change that and destroy you next time.
3: Andale - You are a strange combination of suck and good. Money match me. Also ggs.
4: darkatma - We need to play because I'm pretty sure you think differently than everyone else does. 95% sure you'd destroy me.
5: Aarosmashguy - You are a true competitor. Team with me.
5: Matt R - I'm coming for you.
7: Duck - You might have the best style. More analysis needs to be done. Learned much from watching. Also try playing faster.
7: Rat - way to achieve your goals. Now to raise the bar. Also way to create the possibility of an easy bracket. You rock.
9: Tom R - l2fight samus
9: Deku - Thanks for setting this tournament up.
9: dmac - I'd like to fight again. Seemed like you weren't playing at your best. Also thanks for TOing at the end.
13: Trail - wtf
13: Little England - didn't talk. I still think you're awesome.
17: STQ - Way to troll and fail.
17: Fear - GGs dude. Your reaction speed is insane.
17: Tink - Pick a damn character. Also MM?
17: AppleJack - Holy **** you had rough bracket/pools. I don't think i have the courage to play like you. I'm trying though. Also happy birthday.
17: Moose - Let's play next time!
17: Quaz - DAMN CLOSE TEAMS SET! wtf quaz I have to closest matches with you.
25: Viperboy - happy birthday.
25: Iamthemicrowave - Didn't play, will do sometime in the future.
25: ORLY - Fix your smoking schedule. Also get a job.
25: Tomacawk - Come to chicago tournaments so you can hang out with us.
33: JBM - ggs. I'll get you next time.
33: Jace - the friendlies were fun. I like your falcons style.
33: Scyth - ggs. <3
33: Phat - You looked pissed and bummed and tired.
33: Sanchez - ggs. Nice hat.
33: JuggleGuy - You're awesome rob. We need to play so I can get revenge from the last MI tournament.
33: Sveet - Get better Sveet.
49: Rainbow Dash - $10 next time? Also so much thanks for TOing.
49: Lemone - awesome
49: ******** - Either A) Don't give up on Samus or B) teach me sheik.
49: Kail - We never play.
49: KittyHugz - wtf. You are better than fox.
49: Joot - your falcon was much better than I expected.
49: Soul - awesome hanging out. Much respect. Keep playing good people.
50: BigD - Imma wreck you when you get back from chile.

Other notes: Wtf why does each samus play so different. We need like an agreed upon metagame or something.

Sago

Smash Lord
i had a lot of fun at this. I dont think i won a single game with sheik though :|

Whoever was recording on the livestream setup theres like 9 marth dittos in a row. Thats a MM between dart and I. Pleae upload the first green greens match if possible :)

Good sit to cosmo for doing just as well as i knew he could.

Lmao at the 50 asian girls that just appeared behind me during cosmo vs andale.

Bad sit at my tire blowing out and this tourney costing me like 160$ :(

AustinRC

Smash Lord
First of all big shoutout to the guys running this thing. It would not have been possible if you all had not gotten this thing together, thank you very much I had an absolutely wonderful time.

Carl & Geno & Darkatma - Thanks for letting Hondafoo and I stay at the hotel with you guys!

Moose - Good **** in pools man. Your falco aint bad, heard you did pretty well in the bracket too, good ****.

Sveet - Good games man, it was a lot of fun playing you! :D

Andale - Get me back? wtf you talking about you beat me when it matters most, friendlies dont matter...

Dart - Good **** in Marth dittos man. Heard you wrecked shop in losers after beating me, you have a really nice Marth. Give me a PM or an IM and we can chat it up about MU's or something sometime.

Kels - <3 Dont worry, everyone has bad days.

Tink - I hadnt seen you in probably four years and the first thing I noticed when I got close to you was that you smelt EXACTLY like you did four years ago. Still loving trees I see haha!

Trail - Thanks for the friendlies man you have some really nice climbers man.

Cunning - SOOOOO nice to meet you man, you and Zelgadis were seriously the reason I picked up Fox.

Cosmo -
Congratz on getting 2nd man.

Darkatma - Good **** in singles yo!

Last but not least - KC Crew I...

P.S. Hondafoo - Good **** in teams annnnnd!!!!!

Everyone else I forgot to mention I'm sorry I'm sleepy right now. Will add moar later.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
I had fun at my first SMYM. I enjoyed living in the midwest. Too bad I have to move back to SoCal. I'll miss all of y'all, I wish I could have stayed here.

Lily - It was really cool to meet a girl who wants to main falcon. You should definitely get good at it! It'd be really awesome to see a female falcon player. Nice talking to you and watching matches with you.

BYE MIDWEST, <3333 TO EVERYONE.

P.S. Sorry if I missed you.

LOL at shoutouts to Lily!
She's gonna main (white)Marth now btw =)

>Bert<

Smash Ace
so Peef means penis fart....... cool?
This took me a sec to figure out, but once I did, I loll'ed so hard.

A peef is a penis fart, similar to a queef. A queef is to a female as a peef is to a male.
There have been very few recorded incidences of peefs. However, we do know that a peef is both pleasant and painful for the 'peefer'. No incidences of a 'wet peef' have ever been recorded.
The male version of a Queef. Physiologically, it is a burst of air which shoots forth from the penis with magnificent force and beauty.
Fapfapfapfap *paaah*
"Daddy, did you just peef in my face?"
"Shut up, junior. You're adopted."
LOL

Original link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peef

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This took me a sec to figure out, but once I did, I loll'ed so hard.

LOL

Original link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peef
Not what it means to me but whatever.

BTW, to those wanting me to upload stuff, everything I have is at this link, but there are random gaps and stuff. I have most of the later stuff I think. Just scroll below the video and there are little un-named boxes. Juggleguy feel free to take audio from them as we don't talk much and mostly just "OHH" with everyone else.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/peefsmash

dmac

Smash Champion
Singles Results (103 Entrants!)
1: darkrain - played nearly perfect most of the time, dropped one match in singles? i like how you spent almost as much money getting here and buying us dinner and booze that you didn't really make a huge profit hah. really sorry i played poorly in teams, it cost us a lot of wins we could have had.
2: Cosmo - really wanted to fight you based on our last matchup, but you leveled up a ton, dont think it'd be close anymore, awesome to watch, love your zelda
3: Andale - i'm not understanding how giving your winnings to charity is a valid reason to want to split. anyone can do whatever they want with their money and its honorable for sure... but in the context of a competitive environment like this, arguing for a split is inappropriate. great player and you're fun to watch, very impressive!
4: darkatma - i felt like i had a solid chance vs you, but you out played me and i had a lot of fun in our match. my heart was beating out of my chest, thats a good thing
5: Aarosmashguy - our one friendly was super fun, gj on teams and wrecking me
5: Matt R - too intimidated to talk to you
7: Duck - asian, autocool
7: Rat - i played poorly in our set, you did some great combos and i fell for a lot of your mindgames, you rocked me
9: Dart! - you would have wrecked me, your marth has gotten 222 good and i dont have a pocket sheik to deal it something like that
9: Tom R - see above
9: Deku - thanks for helpin host and be sure to ask more if you need more help, i had no problem trying to help speed things up
9: dmac - 9th is okay but you know you can do better, especially with the bracket luck you had
13: Trail - bro 4lyfe
13: Little England - after reading your thread and appreciating all the help you've been doing for the midwest, i felt ****ty not coming up to you and sayin hi, my bad :(
13: CKIT - still having it when no one thinks you do outside of the people that play you, is awesome, great job
13: Salt - super surprised how well you played after our first match with your peach! our last match was super super super intense, lots of fun
17: STQ - and this is why you dont teach lessons to the midwest (rips my fake arm off) playing our ****ty kc/lawrence crew has degenerated your tourney mindset and ability, we'll try to get better for you
17: Fear - didn't meet or see you, you are one with the void atm
17: Tink - always a bro, sorry you didn't do what you normally do :(
17: Z - practice more so you don't flub wins with sds
17: Kels - glad you were willing to let *me* teach you a thing in smash bros, dont retire, everyone has bad tourneys... keep your head up, remember how you were beat, dont let it happen again
17: AppleJack - loved the costume changes mid tourney, you are awesome. sorry i didn't try to team with you, darkrain asked me and i couldn't say no
17: Moose - asian what what
17: Quaz - my adrenaline right after darkatma beating carried over to our match since we played immediately after, and with you beating me last time i felt like i had had had to win, good match though
25: -Chad- ONLY REASON I BEAT CHAD IS BECAUSE HE SD'D TWICE IN THE SECOND MATCH(after playing link the first match). I GOT LUCKY AS CRAP. you are amazing, watching you play arc and darkrain was super impressive and made me realize how much higher you should have placed
25: Iori - you weren't as loud as usual :(, keep up with surprising people, its awesome! naice haunter hat too :)
25: Viperboy - didn't even come close to playing each other, but i love our talks about our secret type of relationship that others wouldn't understand
25: Iamthemicrowave - didn't play didn't meet, sorry about that
25: ORLY - just watched you do friendlies with darkrain, good seeing you
25: Chexr - oh lawd you mind ***** me in teams, i fell for everything, never felt more down about letting down darkrain and playing that poorly. checkers, you are also too tall. but always cool running into you, hopefully see you in minnesota again
25: BlackPanther - with your new hair, you leveled up in blackness, didn't play though, sorry about that :(
25: Tomacawk - darkrain back must be really tired from carrying me so hard in teams, didn't get to really play much besides that, sorry about that
33: Massive - 18 year olds dude
33: JBM - didn't play at all, but glad you came, always fun, see you soon
33: Bisu - didn't see, didn't play, sorry man
33: GooeyBanana - didn't know what you looked like, you gotta call me out on money matches, i always forget :(
33: Rezo - THEGERMSLADY, 4/5
33: TheNumberJay - didn't meet, play
33: PEEF! - you suck on the boards, you know that. but you're way more fun in person and i'm glad you're getting legit at the game. thanks for bringing your girl and adding some ovaries to the **** fest. didn't have the assertiveness to go and try to commentate with the 5+ guys there, maybe next time.
33: Jace - gotta remember whos helpin you in matches, and believe in yourself. obviously after this weekend you need to work on your flexibility... also stop meeting crew members in tourney.
33: Vino - didn't know didn't play, sorries
33: Scyth didn't know didn't play, sorries
33: Myztek - shaved head! shoulda brought your girlfriend! but we didnt talk much, sorry about that
33: Phat - you need to practice more and get drunk less when we get together. you're way better than this
33: TripleR - super fun match in pools, i had a really great time doing it, and that matchup is rough for me haha. glad to have done it!
33: Sanchez - didn't meet, didn't play sorry
33: JuggleGuy - didn't meet, didn't play,a big regret is not remembering to come up and talk and play games with you... i should have
33: Sveet - didn't play, sorry
49: Rainbow Dash - you had me at least on brinstar! thanks for running it and cleaning up poop :( sorry about not calling you for steaknshake, we took soooooooooo long that we didn't know where the hell we were going and i forgot that you would cleaning up. normally we would have stayed and help, we usually try to, but darkrain had a flight at 6am so we wanted to get our bro time in :(
49: Lemone - didn't play but glad to see you around
49: Smeesh - you sonfa*****, you're better than this and you know it, fuuuuuuuuuuuu. see ya soon
49: Tempest - didn't play at all! hope to see you in minnesota again sometime
49: CaptainPr0n - i felt really intimidated by your speed and style, you moved really well! i just know how to cheese falcons way too much though :(
49: ******** - you got better as our matches went on, and you got significantly better than the last time we played, fun fun
49: Kail - didn't meet didn't play, sorry
49: HyperDragon - dat luigi, didn't talk much, buti think i physically bumped into you the most
49: TOGP - didn't meet didn't play sorry
49: KittyHugz- didn't meet didn't play sorry
49: Sniper- didn't meet didn't play sorry
49: CaseSoldier- didn't meet didn't play sorry
49: Joot- didn't meet didn't play sorry
49: Soul - fun teams match, you were the mario right? surprisingly solid!
49: FrootLoop - didn't meet didn't play sorry
49: Sync- didn't meet didn't play sorry

smym is still my favorite tourney, of all time. definitely made better by darkrain winning(for me personally hah). good to see almost everyone again, although i miss the COK crew :( and jiano sucks for not coming.... :| just to let everyone know, the STQ/DBY thing was not supported by the crew as a whole, but I still hoped for it to work. he's sorry more than anyone that he let the midwest down, he'll come back and **** you all, someday, hes better than this i promise

thoughts about the tourney -

1. i should always try to make sure someone is on the ball running the bracket. things ran later because the stress hit the TOs pretty hard and they kinda petered out at the end. deku had the toilet thing and the stress of needing to do super well at the tourney, especially on the stream. bunbun wanted to play games and i can't fault him for that, and also the toilet thing.
it really did slow the tourney down, and i have to blame you guys for it, but its really my only criticism. just make sure to delegate some people to help near the end, i felt like had to make sure matches were going the way they needed to go, and might have taken my role a little too far. if you feel this is out of line or disrespectful its not meant to be, just a criticism at the end of a super busy day responsibilities. this may not even be bun buns fault, i'm not sure you were an official TO actually.... so even if it wasn't official it was assumed and people waited on you to make decisions, which sucked :(

2. i need to be more assertive about becoming a commentator

3. i need to practice more often than trying to jam months and months worth of tech practice into a single week, oh god my hand hurt

4. learn how to fight samus

5. smym always provides an insane amount of beautiful ladies around campus to look at

6. i'm not one usually to talk **** outside of my crew, but **** you ripple and your comment earlier about my previous placings and my abilities as a player. play low tier roy if you want, but dont try to make me sound like a bad player because i had a hard time the one time i played you.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Darkrain- Your always a step ahead of me. GGs
Dart- Your marth is so good. I hate dittos and i plan to never do them again lol.
Matt r- Good matches i really thought i had you this time. I think im just gonna stick with marth next time. Your needle game was very good game 2/3.
Rat- lol Marth v Samus is 100-0 marth.

Everyone else i played ggs.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I spent way too much time watching matches instead of playing friendlies, but it was still a blast. Maybe next time I'll play some more people lol.

1: darkrain - Fun to watch, congrats on 1st.
2: Cosmo - Thanks for teaming with me on pretty short notice. You probably carried me in teams more than you think. We should have gotten a little farther in bracket, but we still did good. Good job working your way through loser's bracket too and getting 2nd. Hopefully I can get my Kirby up to your Zelda's level soon. I could definitely learn from your patience.
3: Andale - Were you the guy that asked if I was Triple R during a bracket match? If you were don't worry about it, you really didn't bother me lol.
5: Aarosmashguy - Good job showing people that MN isn't bad, if they even thought that from the beginning. You should go easier on your thumb though...
5: Matt R - Good games in teams. I thought Cosmo and I were actually going to take the set after the first match, but you guys mad it harder the next rounds.
9: Tom R - Same as Matt R ^
9: dmac - Fun set in pools. I'm finally glad I got to play your Ganondorf. I really thought you were going to go Fox against me though. We both seemed nervous on our last stocks lol. Really intense set.
17: Fear - Nice Fox. You were really scared to approach the edge, but I don't blame you. Shooting lasers is probably the safest option as I'm recovering lol. You played very smart. Good games.
25: Chexr - Easily could have done better than this. You gotta consult with future Chexr to make yourself unstoppable.
25: BlackPanther - You had a really technical fox. Shines were everywhere in our set. I'm really dumb for all the getup rolls into your usmashes.... lol Thought I had this set. Nice games.
33: Massive - Fun games in doubles, didn't get to play you otherwise though.
33: Jace - Same as Massive ^
33: TripleR - You can do better than this... But I suppose getting 33rd outta 103 isn't too bad.
49: Rainbow Dash - Glad you enjoyed the Kirby dittos lol. We had the most epic taunt battle. Learn your tricks though. Thinking rock slides on both sides of DK64 :facepalm: I actually learned a little bit from playing you. Hope you did too. Good job helping run the tourney.
49: Tempest _ Maybe you should pick up Falcon for the ditto :p It looked like your bracket matches were close at least though. Next time.
49: ******** - I know I played you in pools, but I don't know if you were the sheik or the falcon... Sorry about that. Either way I had fun both sets.
49: TOGP - Good game first round of brackets. I think you should calm down a little bit though. Sometimes I think you thought I grabbed you but I didn't cause you would mash alot when you landed an attack on my shield lol.

Good games everyone. This was a good experience for my first Regional Melee tourney. Thanks to everyone who helped run it.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
3: Andale - Were you the guy that asked if I was Triple R during a bracket match? If you were don't worry about it, you really didn't bother me lol.
Yup, that was me =). I still feel sorta bad for bothering you. At first glance, I thought it was just friendlies until I found out you were Triple R lol

3: Andale - i'm not understanding how giving your winnings to charity is a valid reason to want to split. anyone can do whatever they want with their money and its honorable for sure... but in the context of a competitive environment like this, arguing for a split is inappropriate. great player and you're fun to watch, very impressive!
Agreed with the first part =), and thanks

Top Bottom