• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 ~ Champaign, IL 2-7-09

DrewB008

Smash Lord
true story:

middle of the ohio tournament had 52 people and only like 10 setups, finished singles and doubles in under 8 hours

tipped off 4 happened the same weekend, had 73 entrants and took 2 full days

midwest is 222good at tournaments

Handorin

Smash Hero
true story:

middle of the ohio tournament had 52 people and only like 10 setups, finished singles and doubles in under 8 hours

tipped off 4 happened the same weekend, had 73 entrants and took 2 full days

midwest is 222good at tournaments
You planned for 1 day, TO4 went for two days.

You had 8hours of fun, we had 2 days of fun.

Which sounds better? >_>

PEEF!

Smash Hero
cool full results

now..vids!??!?!
I have all the vids, but I am waiting for my charger to arrive so I can pull them from my camera to upload.

I do have the commentary, and often find myself listening to Sliq's beautiful one-liners, such as:

"Nobody appears to be attacking the shyguys which I find absurd"

and

"Darkrain tends to techchase, and it makes some people happy, but sometimes it makes other people not happy, like Viperboy.

along with some story about Sliq buying milk and beer for Sourousch? We will all know about it soon enough, once my charger (that Andy is so kindly shipping to me) arrives.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
its easy to make anything last 2 days if you want it to

but if its one day worth of tournament you should treat it as such and let people be flexible with their travel and get sweet events like crews in

for example, darkrain had no choice but to wait til the end of the second day to drive 15 hours or w/e back home

Cups

Smash Ace
jiano is gutta trash for not firing up 3rd strike.

Can't wait for Big D's new book: How to **** *****es and be the man: the Big D story.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm not sure who it was that put "Friendlies" signs on one of the tournament TVs but that was hilarious.
I hope it wasn't actually used for tournament matches... it lagged iirc.

Shoutouts:
First of all, a big thank you to AOB. Great Tournament, great job; everything ran very smoothly and it was always clear who had matches. Was nice to meet you, hopefully you'll host some more tournaments near Chicago in the future.
I'm know you had some help, but I don't know their names, so another general thanks to that crew.

Bluemycon: I'm glad you came with us, you made a great addition to the car :). The friendlies we played really helped me, although I need to find a place to practice on my own. Your fox has improved a lot since I last played you in tourney (I think at purdue?).

Zues we never even played, whats with that... lol oh well, see you at the next one I'm sure

KELS: WHAT THE HELL. You do all this nasty stuff to Darkrain and other great players there, and then Cosmo's bizzaro falco stops you from getting near him? Oh well, those videos are up, figure it out yourself. I really hope you stick with fox, you're getting so good with him now. That and I couldn't bear to play marth dittos at every smash fest.
Oh, and thanks for driving all the way. Even if your terrible car maintenance cost us $60 collectively haha. Great memories, it was nice meeting your mom, and Dean too.
p.s. that was DEFINITELY Dean's fault that the car went over the support... he should've hit the brakes -- not all our fault for sucking at pushing cars.

Quaz: ggs, solid 2-0

Vro: hopefully I'll give you an actual fight next time instead of SD'ing 5 times.

Neko: Was a lot of fun playing you. You go to school in Chapaign? The friendlies with you were great as well. Let me know if you ever come to Chicago so we can play again!

Souroush: ggs. Thanks for showing me how little effort a patient fox needs to wreck a sloppy marth.
Oranos, Dew Rag, Daniel, ggs.
Gooey, I was the other one in your pool, ggs to you too. Hopefully you'll make it to more tourneys in the future.

Ajj: I hope you enjoyed our friendlies as much as I did. Playing against falcon is so much more enertaining for me than any other matchup. Thanks for all the warmup too.

18Spikes: Your doc has gotten real good. Fun matches, I like your playstyle.

Darkrain: I love watching your matches. I have to stop getting so excited every time you do something amazing, people were starting to stare. Your friendlies were entertaining to watch too; but the finals were as good as it gets. Before the end of the first set, the whole crowd could feel momentum in your favor-- it was massive. Thanks for the show.

Jorge/Jorge/Khepri: Oh baby. You make me sleep on your floor... Guess what? YUP-- enjoy that nasty cheap podunk motel carpet. I can honestly say I was serious; when you dropped that burger, God was already frowning on you. "This is what you get"-- for making me sleep on the floor? I don't think so (although I do hope). I'm sure you did something horrible, as the good moments are quickly becoming the exception. Oh well, I'm proud of you for making it out of pools this once. Maybe you'll place over The King of Chicago smash next time, but don't get your hopes up. There's always another Whitecastle, and who knows, you could end up in my bracket. Stay in school man, that's my only advice.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
My friends need to work on their handwriting. That's why we had a "Weinerdog" and a "Blueniecorn" this weekend.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
1st tourney, got whooped in every match I played, but was tons of fun.

I want to thank Leo and Chris for their kindness and all the matches we played(even if the don't have accounts here).

Hope to see you guys at another tourney.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Videos will be up tommaro night.

I just got my camera charger back today. If y'all are lucky, I might be able to get one or two up tonight. If not, I promise vids+commentary will be up 2maro night.

=]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
What I mean I guess, is...12 hours from this post there should be something up, and in 16 hrs about half of them will be uploaded. The second half probably won't be uploaded until the next day.

Mars-

Smash Champion
What I mean I guess, is...12 hours from this post there should be something up, and in 16 hrs about half of them will be uploaded. The second half probably won't be uploaded until the next day.
Hey let me know how the upload time on youtube is. Mine has been slow as dirt(5 seconds takes 1-2 minutes.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Vboy vs. Spaceballs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGASNaLpDCk (No commentary and I missed the first minute. Sorry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJhbm2XIyxA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrlIUdR6rDc

Vboy vs. Darkrain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEdvRcM_9ig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CURTOeoAqrk

Dope vs. Matt R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bcJZADfuZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0eXvP68wmw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NhKil6IA-U

I will continue to upload through the night. I think I will probably get partway through Dope vs Matt R, and Vboy vs Spaceballs and Vboy vs Darkrain will be complete.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
OMG I cannot stand vids recorded on a camcorder, I just looks so **** flimsy. Next time I'll gladly bring my dvd recorder to record the matches or better yet, why wasn't the vcr that was hooked to the tv used for the finals bein used? Well for me anyways a lot of the fun and excitement gets taken out of the vids when it's recorded in this fashion. I don't go to many tourneys but the ones that I do go to I'll volunteer to take over with the recordings. I would have them up within the week and they would be great quality vids, Melee should not be recorded with a **** camcorder lol.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I can't upload anymore tonight. I should have them all up by the end of the weekend. I'm sorry for the delay.

Um, anyone else with imput?

Top Bottom