• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 37 (06/18) - Guns of the Podcasts

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Link to original post: [drupal=529]SMYN: Episode 37 (06/18) - Guns of the Podcasts[/drupal]

EVO, MGS4, Pre-E3, and more with The BuzzSaw!

June is here and Show Me Your News is here to catch you up on the latest Brawl and gaming news! Youko and SamuraiPanda delve into what's made the Smash community tick for the past month, plus some insights into future gaming news tidbits!

The BuzzSaw is our guest host this month as we discuss the EVO ruleset, Metal Gear Solid 4, Pre-E3 hype for 2008, and much more! It's two and a half hours of insightful discussion and humor abound from your podcasting fix - Show Me Your News!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
1) We are angry at Evo, hence "Guns"
2) The title's obviously a ploy off of MGS4

Two main topics of the podcast? I think so.

Plus, my title puns have always been gold, lol.

Spartan64

Smash Journeyman
1) We are angry at Evo, hence "Guns"
2) The title's obviously a ploy off of MGS4
3)Spartan64's guns"aka muscles" are so large they needed to be in the title
Three
main topics of the podcast? I think so.

Plus, my title puns have always been gold, lol.

now its ok

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Awesome, a new episode!

I actually suggested that the EVO ruleset be a topic of discussion for this episode on the SMYN group page. Very happy that you guys are actually talking about it! It definately needs to be addressed to all who don't know about it.

As for MGS4, all I could say is...I NEED A PS3!!!

*downloads*

EDIT: Holy crap, I love you SP. Postbit on the left and custom avatars! I had no idea!

Also, congrats Sugar and Buzz!

Youko- 0.0

I also had a summer school class the same day as Nintendo's E3 Press Conference. I left class early to see what went down. Freaky :p

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Its good to see you guys out of school and enjoying your summer.

I better hope your podcast isn't too bias and I hope you don't bring up tiers at the moment. And I hope Europe/PAL regions enjoy Brawl next week!! :D

------------
After hearing:

*Congratulations Sugarpoultry and Buzzsaw. I like Sugarsaw better too. ;) I like your choice in names. Kyrie is beautiful and Lance is just debonair. Woo!! Go new parents!! I hope Lance is born in January and/or Kyrie is born in December. Its usually good if a girl is born in the end of the year, and a guy is born early. That's just Chinese virtue. Congratulations!!

*I agree with Samuraipanda. Most people I know who play Smash do no like other fighting games. The only fighting games I'm a fan of are SSB and Soul Calibur.

*Scandalous: SSB Forums moderators aren't necessarily good at Brawl. Its alright guys. I respect your dedication far more than your skills. :D

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Congratulations you guys, you'll be great parents.

I'm glad you guys at least heard some of the backlash from Mother, you jerks...

Jessica Alba? Well yeah I'd hit that but still, come on, she was a pretty bad Invisible Woman and there's probably infinitely better actresses to chose from for the infinitely amazing role of Samus Aran. Besides, 80% of the movie would be akin to Iron Man; sans the outfit, her living among the chozo and growing up learning about the suit and her lineage.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Hooray!

Best SMYN ever!
And SP was right, I only play smash. And as a casual player who hates items, EVO is TEH SUX!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Samurai Panda's comments on some of these things are frickin' hilarious. Good episode. Congrats Buzz and SugarPoultry.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Anscii=American National Standard Code for Information Interchange
Just, FYI, lol.

Great episode, I didn't comment on SMYN36 but that was amazing too.
The monthlies are really good.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luls, on facebook, I put "samurai panda" as my favorite movie.... O_O

*edits*

K, now it says Kung Fu Panda. LOL Oh, and thanks for all the congratulatory comments. :)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Our doctor claims the baby will be a boy based on the heartbeat. We won't know 100% for another month or two. Gah, it's Brawl rumors all over again. UNCONFIRMED UNTIL CONFIRMED!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I demand that you two take baby pictures and write up a classic "Sakurai Dojo Post" when your kid is born.

Ah hell, I'll do it! It's just too funny to pass up.

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
I demand that you two take baby pictures and write up a classic "Sakurai Dojo Post" when your kid is born.

Ah hell, I'll do it! It's just too funny to pass up.
Sounds nice, but you're gonna have to do it with Sakurai's exasperating ambiguity! Just post the baby picture and WTF? below it.:laugh:

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
"SugarSaw joins the Brawl!

He picks up blocks and throws them at his opponents.

Woah! Look out, Batman!"

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Dude, I commented in the comments there on deviantART...of course I saw it...

meta master

Smash Journeyman
i wonder what would happen if SP became the host and Youko became the Co-host. would it really affect the podcast?

and also, maybe you could do a SMYN w/o SP or Y as the hosts, insteand, they could be guests or have a small segment

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Is it just me or is there 2 SMYN threads. I've been at the tourney threads for so long that i forgot about everything else. Also does anyone know if DlC on Guitar hero: world tour was confirmed ? I thought i heard that on the nintendo channel.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There's the main one in General Brawl Discussion and then one gets made in Smash News for each individual episode (technically our way of "blogging" it and putting it on iTunes).

And I'm not too sure about GHIV DLC. All I know is that the drums look AMAZING.

Top Bottom