• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake D-smash, Swallow Glitch. Video Up.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this new or not but if you
do snakes down smash and swallow it with Dedede (Not Kirby) from far enough and just hold down the b button. the explosion can go for ever. It looks like the hit box doubles too. Good for teams maybe? I don't know close this if its old.

I'll have a video up later if its not closed yet. I'm in algebra now. So I cant now

Edit: I got the video =] if you wanna see it still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJqacXVR3AI

Better Video:

Like I said man, it's all good, haha.

Here's my vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLIQRnhL_94

Sorry that it seems like I thought I found it. I uploaded it then found out there was indeed a topic already here. I searched mine and glitch, but it was because you put it under something else.
Glitch Properties: For the most part its edge guarding properties are kind of random. Me and Hax tested it. A lot of the time they ended up behind Dedede and it randomly stage spiked a few times. Its not horribly unpredictable but you can't be sure of whats going to happen. Also it has no hitbox under it, only on the top half.

alright listen, i tried this yesterday with TC and it really isn't as good as it looks. first of all, while the dsmash DOES create a circular explosion, the bottom half of the circle has NO hitbox. characters with auto-sweetspot up-b's will latch onto the edge without being hit because there is no hitbox on the bottom half of the circle.

let's say falco is coming from the left, and he up-b's right into the mine. there seems to be a 50-50 chance he will land either in back of DDD after getting hit by the mine, or he will take the damage from the explosion and land inside DDD's mouth. the properties of this tactic are very weird to say the least..

TC, how did you do in that tourney? :confused:
Hahaha, yeah its not as good as it looks but if they get hit with the explosion you can easily punish them for it. Ledge hopping works against it well, but they will eventually have to get up. Otherwise Snake can just jump off and kill them. I guess you could trap someone with it but their partner probably won't just sit around and watch it happen. Oh, yeah the tourny didn't happen. I think I already told you about it though.
I guess Kirby can do it too but only with Dedede's power absorbed. Thanks to Pinks for figuring it out.

So I did some messing around with this. The reason it works with Dedede's sucking in move and not Kirby's is because Dedede's has a glancing blow hitbox on the very end of it which is triggering the landmine. You can see this by trying to do the glitch on a motion sensor bomb. Motion sensor bombs will not explode but you can see the glancing blow animation appear on it. This repeated hitbox is fast enough that it allows the landmine to continue exploding until it hits someone. You can do a similar thing with Sheik's fully charged needles. Lucas's PKT2 can give you a couple of explosions on it as well. It seems to require multiple very fast hits while not doing any damage or knockback to anyone for it to work.
It works with Dedede, but not with Kirby (I tried) Here is one REALLY cool thing about it. It will reflect one projectile. If you shoot PK Fire, PK Thunder, Space blasters, even snakes Side-B, It will reflect it.
Edit: Falco's Ledge Hop Laser and Short Hop Laser go through and hit Dedede canceling it. Haven't tried Wolf's yet but its probably the same. Shooting the blast directly does nothing though.

Of course this can't be done with C4; only the mine.

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
It works with Dedede, but not with Kirby (I tried) Here is one REALLY cool thing about it. It will reflect one projectile. If you shoot PK Fire, PK Thunder, Space blasters, even snakes Side-B, It will reflect it.

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
wow, pretty cool! this definitely can come in handy in a Snake & King D3 team VS others

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol that's amazing. God bless Nintendo for making such a glitchy game.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
So I did some messing around with this. The reason it works with Dedede's sucking in move and not Kirby's is because Dedede's has a glancing blow hitbox on the very end of it which is triggering the landmine. You can see this by trying to do the glitch on a motion sensor bomb. Motion sensor bombs will not explode but you can see the glancing blow animation appear on it. This repeated hitbox is fast enough that it allows the landmine to continue exploding until it hits someone. You can do a similar thing with Sheik's fully charged needles. Lucas's PKT2 can give you a couple of explosions on it as well. It seems to require multiple very fast hits while not doing any damage or knockback to anyone for it to work.

Hax

Smash Champion
holy ****, my teams partner is a dedede and i'm snake so we're definitely gonna try this. does this only hit once when someone walks into it or does it keep on making dsmash hits? if it's the latter... broken

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Lol no it hits once then cancels but its still cool and the explosions huge. you could be sucking with dedede and have snake toss him in to it. Also i need to test to see if a fully charged one will stay fully charged throught the whole thing or if it goes down to being a uncharged one. Ill do that now and edit when i get results.

Edit: Yea, the damage stays the same. Thats kinda cool I thought for sure that it would go down to like 14 if you hit with the explosions after the first one but it stays the same. It might be a good edge guard to but I don't know for sure yet. I need another person to test that with.

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
The only difference is the power... If its fully charged and someone gets into it, then they take the damage that they would if it was a normal D-smash. But I think Sakurai purposely put this in... I mean, comeon, reflecting projectiles?

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm gonna test this with you and we'll post up results :)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
It might actually work for edgeguarding. It can hit them down and the explosion is large enough to sometimes get them before the magenetic ledge gives invincibility frames. Not sure how practical that is though considering the time it would take to set it up and the fact that mostly people recover from pretty high up in Brawl. Still looks sweet.

hoonyboy

Smash Rookie
Does the explosion stop immediately when DDD stops using his neutral B? If not, it would really suck if someone pushed DDD into the infinite explosion.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The explosion stops if Dedede stops or if someone/something gets blown up in the explosion.

Hax

Smash Champion
alright listen, i tried this yesterday with TC and it really isn't as good as it looks. first of all, while the dsmash DOES create a circular explosion, the bottom half of the circle has NO hitbox. characters with auto-sweetspot up-b's will latch onto the edge without being hit because there is no hitbox on the bottom half of the circle.

let's say falco is coming from the left, and he up-b's right into the mine. there seems to be a 50-50 chance he will land either in back of DDD after getting hit by the mine, or he will take the damage from the explosion and land inside DDD's mouth. the properties of this tactic are very weird to say the least..

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
PIME TARADOX!

But yea it would be neat if the explosions were permanent, but either way it's still impractical. You are sacrificing a DDD in order to keep a small explosion going while you fight 2 people. Funny looking glitch though, it'd be great for entertaining drunk friends.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman

Hahaha, yeah its not as good as it looks but if they get hit with the explosion you can easily punish them for it. Ledge hopping works against it well, but they will eventually have to get up. Otherwise Snake can just jump off and kill them. I guess you could trap someone with it but their partner probably won't just sit around and watch it happen. Oh, yeah the tourny didn't happen. I think I already told you about it though.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
What happens if Snake tries to bury another landmine while the first one is constantly exploding? Does this work with Snake's C4?

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Dang, I was all excited that I had found this, and you found it two days before me.

It's all good though. I'm uploading a better quality vid atm, as some friends and I just found it today.

qazqazqaz

Smash Rookie
is it just me or is this not working in team mode? me and a friend tried this just yesterday vs 2 computers and once my friend held dedede's b button the mine exploded regularly

Top Bottom