• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Ditto Matchup Discussion

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm reluctant to say something, and figure I will because this'll make other boards work if they read this.

Snake cannot be re-grabbed if they roll away from you and complete their roll. So getting the first grab won't help at all if they can simply roll away.

So I'll say it right now:

This matchup is really stupid. It's all ftilt, grenades, and utilt.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
This is my favorite matchup in the game, and probably my best by far. I love snake dittos so much. Each player has exactly the same tools to use and it's all about who knows how to utilize them better and can outsmart their opponent. I love that.

I hardly camp at all in this matchup, and it seems to work really well for me. (Has never lost a serious snake ditto, and has even beaten D S F's snake in tourney :) )

I'll say more when I actually have a computer to type on.

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
To me this matchup depends on whoever can get the other snake offstage first. Whenever I get a grab in, instead of dthrow tech chases I just throw forward and backthrow. When they cypher up, you can time your double jump to upair them and get a early kill. Or you can even cypher up with them and get right underneath them. If they dodge your cypher, your upair is pretty much guarantted to land. If they don't dodge, the temporary stun from the cypher will also let you land the upair on a fairly good %.

When the snake's are recovering from lower than the stage then it is bair and even the occasionally fair.

EatMan

Smash Rookie
I love how people are moaning that this is so boring. Uh, how about every other character in every other matchup? A forward short hop feint into a retreating aerial for 8 minutes. Oh yeah, thats just ****ing adrenaline right there.

At least Snake actually fights like a man -- fists and explosives.

And besides, Snake dittos feel like the last boss fight in a Metal Gear game. And everyone knows anything Metal Gear>>>>>everything else.

Toneh

Smash Lord
I'm reluctant to say something, and figure I will because this'll make other boards work if they read this.

Snake cannot be re-grabbed if they roll away from you and complete their roll. So getting the first grab won't help at all if they can simply roll away.
boost grab man..
(dash attack + grab) lets you grab them again

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Ditto matches in Smash as a whole are retarted, and this is no exception.

This is probably the second best type of Ditto. The first being Falcon.

Panda summed up the match nicely and it would be important to get port priority.

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
I have played few Snake dittos, but I guess I might as well share my experience. I, like everyone else, rely on getting grabs before the other Snake does and tech chasing, and using tilts, jab>grabs/tilts, and aerials. I only use grenades to keep the other Snake from rolling behind me by dropping one behind me or bouncing it before approaching. Otherwise, I use them for grenade counters. I try to place the c4 in unorthodox places b/c most Snakes I know place them in the most common areas..platforms or the ends of the stages. I try to avoid using the proximity mines in this match-up b/c it's just double the hazard and restricts movement even further. I don't use the mortar slide very much except to follow-up when I hit them off-stage. I edge-guard with mortar spam and the nikita. I normally don't use the nikita, but it has been sort of useless in this match-up b/c Snake's recovery is slow and easy to hit. The grenade>nair edgeguard has worked well for me too. Other than that, after getting the opponent off-stage, it's a lot easier to get that kill in my opinion. =P
That's about all I can really think of at the moment.

I don't find this match-up so boring, but it really challenges you to think outside of the box and mix-up your game more than many of Snake's other matchups.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
You think the advocate of boost grabbing didn't try boost grabbing? .....

It the Snake buffers a roll away he can walk away in fact, he can dash away and pivot grab you.

Happened 9 times in dittos for me.

then use nikita ?

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
now that I rlly think about it, this matchup can really put all your snake skills to the test. I hear snake has many playstyles. Like I read somewhere that Panda's snake is weird. how so?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i dont really think snake has a bland playstyle like some ppl think

also ken neth come to the midwest tourney!! you must come!!

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake is fun but I find ditto's to be boring and annoying as hell

I'm also awful at them that might have something to do with it

Top Bottom