• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake is dumb. New glitch/technique discovered

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Credit goes to crewmate Public Enemy # 1. We found this out when playing my Marth vs his Snake.

Basically Snake can stop any grenades that his opponent throws at him. But the catch is that he has to have a grenade in his hand already when his opponent throws the first grenade at him. Then all he has to do is spot-dodge or roll and the grenade his opponent threw will immediately fall to the ground.

To do this you have to have Snake bring out a grenade and toss it towards his opponent. The opponent then grabs the grenade, as Snake brings out another one. Snake must hold on to this grenade. Do not drop it. When the opponent tosses the grenade back, Snake must spot-dodge or roll and then the grenade his opponent threw will fall to the ground.

Snake is Neo from the ****ing Matrix.

Hax.

Also this may or may not have been discovered. I don't know. Just thought I would tell people about it, once me and my friend had tested it enough.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmmm, cool.

Also we found out that Snake can force his opponent to throw a grenade if he has already thrown out two. Basically his opponent has to have a nade in thier hands then when Snake does the grenade throw motion the grenade will fly from his opponent's grasp.

Why isn't Snake banned yet?

And why didn't the develops test out their ****ing game?

Why did they delay it? To add some ****ing music?

Hax

Smash Champion
Hmmm, cool.

Also we found out that Snake can force his opponent to throw a grenade if he has already thrown out two. Basically his opponent has to have a nade in thier hands then when Snake does the grenae throw motion the grenade will fly from his opponent's grasp.

you serious? i've known about grenade stripping but didn't know anything about this one. sounds useless though, lol.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Why isn't he banned? Simple, because then you'd have to ban every character with a glitch that can be abused. Then you get into what is a glitch and what isn't a glitch (e.g. see wavedashing in Melee). And so on.

SaxDude93

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw this, I thought it was going to be equivalent to the "Cypher-Death-Grab." Ya'know. Something bad. In my mind, Ah, ****. Then I read it, and it was only Neo. *Sigh*

Tetsuro

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, cool.

Also we found out that Snake can force his opponent to throw a grenade if he has already thrown out two. Basically his opponent has to have a nade in thier hands then when Snake does the grenade throw motion the grenade will fly from his opponent's grasp.

Well what happened was, they discovered sonic was broken and that they had to fix(ruin) him, and in their infallible genius didn't think Snake needed to be tested.

Depressed Man said:
Why isn't he banned? Simple, because then you'd have to ban every character with a glitch that can be abused. Then you get into what is a glitch and what isn't a glitch (e.g. see wavedashing in Melee). And so on.
Whether or not something is banned has nothing to do with the fact that it is a bug/glitch, but rather how broken a move or a character is. I agree that Snake is broken, but I think banning him is a bit extreme.

Browny

Smash Hater
Emblem lord, please dont tell me you think that, simply because snake may be a good (or great) marth counter. thats the first time ive ever seen you post something that seems to be out of pure spite :/

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Snake doesn't counter Marth.

Snake is the only character in the game that is an entire level above the rest of the cast. No one comes close to him. He is God tier by himself then there is a gap then MK then the rest of the cast.

Also his hitboxes are just stupid and there is no reason for them to be like that. If the banning of a character can promote the growth of the competitive community then why not?

Unless you want all tournaments to turn out like Mass Madness, where 7 out of the top 8 used Snake and Snake won the tournament.

Yeah, good ****.

Seriously, Snake is the only character in the game where you don't have to go all out or even try that hard to completely murder your opponent. He is just too ridiculous and the majoirty of the cast simply can't deal with him.

Also, for the record I'm not the only one entertaining the idea of banning him. There is an SBRer that I talk to online, and he thinks it might happen too. I won't drop his name though since I don't want him to get a thousand pms from Snake users complaining.

Anyway.....yeah Brawl is dumb.

Daterian

Smash Cadet
I wish Snake was as ez mode as you say. Don't have to try hard to murder someone? I main Snake and any other character I play seems simple by comparison, keeping track of C4's, grenade and mines that you can KO yourself with, while controlling Snake as any other character adds more levels of complication that any other character i can think of. All his hitboxs line up with his attacks, yes his attacks are good but they are beatable, he does have weakness's. Believe it or not very few people around here are snake user's, the main characters seen around here are G&W, Toon Link, Wolf and Metaknight so perhaps Mass Madness was an isolated incident?

I will concede Snake is a powerful character but not so OP that he should be banned because you can't beat him.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
He isn't braindead obviously, but his tilts alone are enough to handle most characters, not to mention the Snakedash.

Tetsuro

Smash Cadet
I wish Snake was as ez mode as you say. Don't have to try hard to murder someone? I main Snake and any other character I play seems simple by comparison, keeping track of C4's, grenade and mines that you can KO yourself with, while controlling Snake as any other character adds more levels of complication that any other character i can think of. All his hitboxs line up with his attacks, yes his attacks are good but they are beatable, he does have weakness's. Believe it or not very few people around here are snake user's, the main characters seen around here are G&W, Toon Link, Wolf and Metaknight so perhaps Mass Madness was an isolated incident?

I will concede Snake is a powerful character but not so OP that he should be banned because you can't beat him.
It is not hard to keep track of C4 and Mines since your will actively try and work your opponent into them, his speed, weight, and power ratios are ludicrous, and as Emblem Lord says, his hitboxes... well, why are all of Snake's moves shadow punches?

Mass Madness may or may not be an isolated incident, but Snake more often than not will end up in the top 5 at tournies.

Daterian

Smash Cadet
Yer his tilts are good, though if they miss Snake is vunerable to a counter attack. I have to say though, i dont see the Snakedash as the godly move some people make it out to be, good yes, but not one that is a game winner on its own.

Daterian

Smash Cadet
You do try to work your opponents into them, but that doesn't cancel the fact that you can in turn be worked into them yourself. There is plenty of time to avoid the C4 if you are paying attention. As for top 5, im sure other characters are also expected to make a showing in most of them in well, snake is not an isolated incident in that.

acv

Smash Journeyman
yeah snake is good.he aint overpowered you just fail at beating chuck NoRRis snake.

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont have anything against snake, but you cant honestly say hes not overpowered. you dont see people saying pikachu wasnt OP in 64, it was just a fact

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I definitely don't see the problem with Snake. There is no way he's in a class by himself because if you keep track of his C4s and stay in tight with him, its easy to make him make a mistake. If you dodge his attacks then he's wide open, simple. It was probably also mentioned, the snakedash isn't a game winner; as awesome of a move it is, it alone will not determine a game. All you have to do is pay attention to his mine and C4 placement and counter/punish mistakes. Simple.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I've been completely ***** up the *** by many Snakes before but I'm not ready to consider him broken yet, tempting as it is. I'll agree with some of you guys on one hit though: his hit boxes are completely ********. It's as if Kojima decided to troll us by adding an inch of camoflauge hitboxes in his tilts (Literally! I've tested and witnessed this in action in training at 1/4 speed. His Utilts *literally* didn't hit my opponent but they came into contact with him anyway!).

St. Viers

Smash Champion
dude, look at the hitbox for his up-tilt/f-tilt, and tell me that isn't broken. He's like lucario, except that lucario has to be dead to to have those hitboxes

I love fighting snake, because it's really hard. And I lose all the time. I haven't beaten a snake since my friends learned how to play... it's like taking a supercomputer on in chess >_<

Ace55

Smash Lord
I pray that ones people get really familiar with fighting Snake an exploiting his (few) weaknesses (very gimpable) that he will become less of a threat. But right now Snake seems to be dominating the competition.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
it's scarry how differen't snake is than the ret of the cast! he shud have his own teir!
him olimar, and mk, are all top/god teir!

he's Neo & Chuck Norris at the same time!!!!! O.O

plural

Smash Journeyman
I definitely don't see the problem with Snake. There is no way he's in a class by himself because if you keep track of his C4s and stay in tight with him, its easy to make him make a mistake. If you dodge his attacks then he's wide open, simple. It was probably also mentioned, the snakedash isn't a game winner; as awesome of a move it is, it alone will not determine a game. All you have to do is pay attention to his mine and C4 placement and counter/punish mistakes. Simple.
if you keep track of his c4 and mines...you can be very predictable in avoiding them. they are not only to hit you, but also to control where you move.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Who cares if he's top tier. He only made it into the worst SSB game of the series.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Who cares if he's top tier. He only made it into the worst SSB game of the series.
then stop playing it and stop whining about it.

have some friends over, pop melee in, problem solved.

as you can tell, I'm quite tired of the 1297432986458678998765432345678 people that decide to randomly bring up the fact that brawl sucks, but play it anyway.

back on topic, the first time i did this in an actual fight, it killed my friend, who then pauwnched me and whined about how broken snake is haha

Master Raven

Smash Master
Playing a Snake player today led me to realize that he can basically stop your air game just by holding his grenades.

:|

St. Viers

Smash Champion
because we can win money in it, fool--until melee is remembered

^^complaining about complainers is hypocritical--just ignore them, or you'll start to many fights

Top Bottom