• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Nair and Dair

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Dear gimpyfish or PsychoMidget

How does you connect with this. I'm really bad at it and I never use them cus I get punished hard. You guys say they're really good, but I can't seem to get them down.

pl0x and thx

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
you have to full hop a nair to land all the hits, they basically just get sucked into it lol

as for the Dair, it's definately harder to land than the Nair but a good way to land it is shorthop Dair and just make sure you dont DI away from them or anything

The Nair is much more practical than the Dair

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
If you full hop a nair, is there a sizeable amount of lag on landing? Or any at all?

Fox4695

Smash Apprentice
yeah, short hopping the Dair is good, most people release shield on the last hit for some reason, and thats the one that counts

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
If possible, you can chain together a completely-connected dair to any other fast crombo and then their shield will break. Follow up with a fully charged forward Smash. ALWAYS, if the opportunity presents itself.

Kruton

Smash Ace
You will never land a dair coming down on somebody, at most you can luckily time the last kick for the nice knock back. It's an aerial that is meant to stay close to the ground. You short hop with it and in a way, you kind of dance above the ground with it, and if you're coming in on somebody with it, it can kill.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I found that if you start a jump, then immediately double jump, and do a rising nair, you land right after the last hit of nair, and you get virtually no lag when you land.

Now, you're using your double-jump, but you have a lot of nair hits protecting you, and snake's recovery is awesome, so you can give that a shot.

gammonwalker

Smash Cadet
If you use Cypher, it will give you upwards momentum, allowing you to do a full dair or nair relatively quickly and low to the ground (as opposed to fully jumping). If you are hit you gain another Cypher so it's all gravy. Not the best idea but it will make connecting those two moves in particular easier. Why you would opt. that over ftilt 70 times in a row blows my mind tho'.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I'm not very good at using dair, but I found that short hop nairs for the most part work. You just have to SH and slide your thumb onto the A button. Snake should be able to perform all the kicks, even the last strong one, right before he lands.

Landing all the nair kicks looks so **** cool.

hort

Smash Rookie
Ive found that short hopping with the Dair as an edge guard tech works well Also. when your oppontent is hanging on the edge give hime a good short hop dair, they never expect the 4 hits when they come up off the edge and if they decide to just hang from the ledge the 4th kick spikes off the side of most stages. it really punishes ppl who try to edge-hop back on the stage.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Bah after playing as snake more, I was wrong about short hopping nair. I guess I forgot the little detail that you hold the jump button down while you slide your thumb onto the A button...so I guess it is a full jump nair after all. SH nairs wont execute all 4 kicks :/

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
I think G-regulate mentioned something about auto-canceling Snake's nair... apparently if you land within the last few frames of nair, there's no lag.

Haven't really tested it out myself though. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I think G-regulate mentioned something about auto-canceling Snake's nair... apparently if you land within the last few frames of nair, there's no lag.

Haven't really tested it out myself though. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
After all four hits of the nair??? This would be insanely sexy if it proves to be true.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
It is true actually, it's how I got though some of the bosses on Very Hard Boss Mode. ex Rayquaza, I would usually do Jump > Nair > FTilt > Utilt or AAA with little interference.

B1ah

Smash Rookie
wow the timing for this on the short hop is VERY strict, against toon link you have to press the down A almost as soon as you land to be able to connect all the hits, 28 damage so its worth it tho

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
short hopping a nair is a mistake. there is never a situation where it is the right move. AAA gets the same number of hits, and a full jump nair will hit most standing characters. I never found a good use for dair, its not that good.

about lag for a full jump nair, if you hit all 4 theyre gonna be knocked back either so far that they'll get away even without lag or close enough that you will be able to hit them again even with lag.

Top Bottom