• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I mean you could crouch and wait him out, or drop a grenade while powershielding and throw said grenade.

or crouch, fake him out, then dtilt

but yeah, the CG and the spike are the real problems that falco brings up
Falco is only a real problem if you are below 40% after 40 snake has the advantage. Like cycon365 said you can crouch under lasers, so you shouldn't get preassured to much.
What can you do while crouching? D-tilt? Falco can side-b through your crough or sh-dair you. Snake can boostsmash between shdl's but it's still a huge annoyance. Snake does have the advantage after 40 for the most part, but it's definitely not an easy win.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
The main attraction is out-camping Falco with prone, not punishing him.

Edit:I don't approach while in prone, I wait for them, because by the time you can see him running at you, he's going to eat ftilt.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
What can you do while crouching? D-tilt? Falco can side-b through your crough or sh-dair you. Snake can boostsmash between shdl's but it's still a huge annoyance. Snake does have the advantage after 40 for the most part, but it's definitely not an easy win.
he can side-b or short hop dair you, but he has to stop using the laser, which the the reason we're crouchingt, once he uses side-b or sh-dair,then it's a matter of powershield/grenade/ftilt, whatever you can think of

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
he can side-b or short hop dair you, but he has to stop using the laser, which the the reason we're crouchingt, once he uses side-b or sh-dair,then it's a matter of powershield/grenade/ftilt, whatever you can think of
*coughcoughwhatIsaidcoughcough*

lol.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Falco can seamlessly transition from lazer to sideb with silent lazer...be logical next time please.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
another question came to me.

say your recovering and your at the top of the screen and a metaknight comes from under and tries to get a cheap kill off of the whorenado.

what do you do? do you fast fall air dodge? or do you do a fast fall dair(does that even work?)

Tub

Smash Apprentice
personally, out of the two, i would go with fast fall air dodge. but a b-reversal would probably be the best bet.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
another question came to me.

say your recovering and your at the top of the screen and a metaknight comes from under and tries to get a cheap kill off of the whorenado.

what do you do? do you fast fall air dodge? or do you do a fast fall dair(does that even work?)
FFAD will probably save you, dair will break the whorenade if it hits the top middle of it, a b-reversed nade or C4 to airdodge can work

try to mix all options in at different points so you don't become predictable

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
the only time fsmash is ever good is if your opponent is going to land right next to you (possibly from a bad recovery), and even then you'd have to see it a mile away.

Fsmash has way too much startup lag for jab to work with it. better to ftilt, or if your looking for a kill, jab>uptilt.

IxxI

Smash Fence
not in the slightest, but sometimes you can dthrow>fsmash if they roll behond you and you predict it right

jab>grab
jab>ftilt
jab>uptilt

those are basically your options with a jab cancel
yeah, i do all those. but sometimes my opponent side steps after the jab. so i was wondering if f smash is guaranteed in that case...

GemN

Smash Cadet
yeah, i do all those. but sometimes my opponent side steps after the jab. so i was wondering if f smash is guaranteed in that case...
do you mean ftilt? If so, then I believe that it is guaranteed, you just need to work on your timing. I've done this against computers with their inhuman reaction speed, but I have nothing to really test if this is guaranteed.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
i know this is out of the question but i think it comes to havokk when he says great job on not answering the thread about ftilts and giving him the link to this thread. awesome work i thought most of us would forget...

btw i dont do jab>utilt. i do it once on an opponent but then they already know that shield will stop it. i think it is too slow for a jab cancel.

and i have a new question.

what is snakes best move right out of shield?

mortar? nades? other?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
^The only way I could see that working is if you did jab-> grab several times in a row to condition them to expect it. Bait a spotdodge out of them, and get the Fsmash in just as the spot dodge is ending.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I've had that happen when I use either Snake or Ike's fsmash. The lag on both those moves makes it hard to spot dodge.

I still wouldn't recommend the fsmash anyway. Ftilts are powerful enough that you don't really need the fsmash.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Yo guys go here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215995

Apparently the reason Havokk isn't participating as much is because he's grounded.

just wanted to let you guys know.
So he doesn't get in trouble for this----

Q: "Where has Havokk dissapeared to, we miss our President!!"

A: "What indianunit said."

My question:

So, anyone want to do the wind-c4'stick'yourself- testing, or shall I do it and post results when I can?

SuSa

It could be useful in teams, (who expects you to sticky yourself? then you can brush it off onto an opponent)

Vs'ing the characters it works again, you may be in the position to do this.

It can be a bad thing in 1vs1 unless you brush it off onto them and they don't notice, but if they do it'll be hard to get it on them before it falls off, and exploding yourself takes to long (the 'now' and all that animation.... in 1vs1 would be a free attack for your opponent)

It can be a great suprise thing, if you manage to stick yourself, brush it off onto your opponent, or be bait.

you--------space-----opponent

'now'

you---opponenet rushing in to punish lag

you--explosion---opponent

=p bad diagram is bad, but you get the idea.

Usefulness out of 10:

2/10, depends on exactly how situational it is.... if its less situational then we think (multiple characters, multiple spots)... 3/10... if its even MORE situational then we think (only Link, only BF), 1/10....

It's a pretty low risk, medium/high/no reward.

It's like gambling =p

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
as much as I love gambling, it seems pretty useless, just for lulz but if you're not able to, I can, but it'll be a day or so before I'd be able to test it

SuSa

3 or lower rating = It's almost as bad as air... (we have no f in fair..)

But, the low risk high reward = sticky self, brush opponent, utilt, now!, KO. - 1/100000000000 chance of happening. xD

But I don't want to test it because I'm playing LoZ, and wouldn't be able to post my results for a while (most likely) anyways =p so yes, please test it.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'm kinda busy with the spring session starting at my college so I'll have it up in a few days

I'll put it in the hijacked thread

SuSa

Test the first half of my list, then wait a day before testing the other half... that way you can do less work =p Because my testing's going to involve slants (lylat/yoshi's), platforms (yoshi's, smashville, bf, lylat), and anything else I can think of.... lol

for now, just test platforms though... the other stuff will be harder to test, and you're in college =p so I don't want you wasting your time on something I may be able to do.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I'm probably just going to test which attacks can force a c4 stick to yourself and from there, you can come up with whatever else you want to test

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
It seems like the only time you should do this is during teams. There are so many distractions that you could easily find someone else to transfer the C4.

But it seems difficult to do, so this doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble. Unless someone can find a better use, I find no need to try it out.

That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom