• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Team Tactics

Cless

Smash Champion
Chocobo and I, mostly Chocobo, have made up a sweet team tactic with Snake, which shall remain nameless until Chocobo decides on a name.

Basically, you stick C4 on your teammate who then goes up and grabs the opponent and throws them. While Snake's partner is throwing, Snake detonates the C4, which does not hurt Snake's teammate, and it blows up the person that the teammate was throwing.

I suppose this can be a Snake Team Tactics thread if there isn't one. I didn't check.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
if team attack is on, then i assume this won't work. Unless detonating C4 doesn't hurt the snake who planted it. In tournaments they have team attack on. So I guess this would be a tactic that would happen mostly with friends or wi-fi

EDIT: "Unless detonating C$ doesn't hurt the snake who planted it."

reading that now...i'm not sure if that makes any sense anyways...lol

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, when tactics are made up, they should be made up with tournaments in mind. You can do stupid ******** things if team attack is off.

Besides, I think you misunderstood. Say Snake and Sonic are on a team. Snake plants C4 on Sonic's face. Sonic runs over to, say Yoshi on the other team, and grabs him. Sonic then throws Yoshi. While Sonic is in his throw animation, Snake detonates the C4 that is on Sonic, which does not damage Sonic even while team attack is on (because we tested this in a FFA setting anyway), and the explosion damages, even possibly kills if he has enough damage, Yoshi.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
IMO you should look at my Parthenon combo thread. Not only did we figure this out on our own, but we IMPROVED it by replacing the part where you kill the opponent with a self-death.

HARDCORE

Anyways, that kind of combo really requires a 2v1 setting. If you're detonating and your teammate is throwing, what is the other guy's teammate doing? Watching? It's good in theory, but again you need to be sure that you can get close to the other guys for it to work. If they notice you planting C4 on your teammate, they can just run away until it blows up on him.

It's an easy way to take that last stock, though.

Beat

Smash Ace
Okay, *******s. Chocobo has arrived. Let's do this.

I went to the "Parthenon Combo Thread" and you don't in any way reflect the intelligence in this strategy. Actually, you don't really reflect any intelligence at all. Hitting yourself with C4 isn't a combo, it's slapstick comedy (as glorious as it can be).

What Cless and I are proposing is what we've coined "Chocobombing". Sonic's down throw, in which he ***** the person grabbed by spinning aimlessly on their Adam's apple, was a throw in which at certain times Sonic took no damage from the detonation, whereas the opponent was blasted. Of course it's a 2v1 tactic, but in a scenario like the following it proves fantastic.

Sonic and Snake, 1 stock, high damage
Ike, aka Johnny Killmove, 1 stock high damage

Why risk getting obliterated by Ike with Sonic's light weight and Snake's somewhat sloth-like stature when you can seal the deal with a glorious explosion? I think you see my point. If you don't, I can't really spell it out any better.

It can, with practice, be used sparingly in 2v2 as well.

I plan on testing which throws can keep the teammate from dying while the opponent is sent flying. I'll also be attempting to pinpoint what transfers the C4.

In closing, Snake for **** Tier.

Deadly'_'

Smash Apprentice
No offence you TehCohocobo but im sick of people trying to get things named after them. I know its needed to disscuss advanced tactics but, name it something that has to do with what u are doing not after you. It makes you seem egotistical. There is no reason we need a name like that for something that does have to do with a chocobo.

Things along the lines of waveshining and the moonwalking needed names.(Imo they are really hard to explain how to do with out videos or pictures.)

Your 'tactic' is something the average competitive smasher can think of.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Seriously Gimpyfish and I were doing stuff like this at the Chapman 3 UCI tournament...

what's with people and wanting to name stuff after themselves

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Wouldn't a better plan be to lay it on your teammate, then try to get them to transfer it?

I propose a more culturally significant, less sensitive name.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
That was the point I was trying to make. This isn't a technique that needs naming, it's something probably everyone who's ever played Snake in a 2v2 has already thought of. It's like trying to name Mortar spam after yourself.

Dinivan

Smash Rookie
Now I've never played the game, mind you, but I've just had an epiphany.

What if you dropped c4 (I know, but hear me out) AND THEN dropped a mine timed in such a manner as that there'd be TWO explosives on the stage AT THE SAME TIME? Then, if the enemy was in between them, they'd like, have to jump or something to get away. Then you drop a nikita on them or something. Whatever.

It's situational, I know, but it has its uses!

I've been calling it the Dinivan Ultimate Hit any time I see it on the you-tube, or DUH'ing for short. Please, spread it around.

Uh, for something slightly pertinent.... just how easy is it to body-overlap transfer C4? Would two teammates do it every time they crossed? Maybe more like 70%? 10%?If it's common but not guaranteed, it'd be cool to play hot potato beforehand to make a bomb-rush less boorish and anticipated.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I figured out that if you tap AAA you do a combination of hits, or a "combo" if you will. Since I discovered this technique I think it's only fitting that it be refered to as a "Crombo" from now on

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Crombo it is. I'm using it.

You meant it as a joke, but just you wait. You'll be famous.

Repyh

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to make a new thread about something like this haha

So me and a mate of mine did the following in teams:

Get out of the reach of the other 2.
Sticky your team mate and let him run into them or attack them. (you will hear a funny sound when it is transfered)
and then you only need to detonate when the c4 won't hurt your team mate anymore.

But the possibilities are endles xD!

We turned smash balls on... and my team mate was sonic.
He got the smash ball and used it. AFTER I stickied him with C4
Geuss what happened?
High speed C4 transfers

That combo is probably... instant death.
Because you'll first get knocked into the air, and if you have enough damage the C4 can kill you at such a height

~ Repyh

Deadly'_'

Smash Apprentice
omg thats so sexy. I didnt know that his expolsions dont hurt his teammates.

and for the Sonic FS + c4 = The Ultimate teamwork

Who do you think snake would work well with in a team battle?

My and my cousin are thinking of goin Ike(Cousin) and Snake(Me) for future tornies.

what do you guys think?

Top Bottom