• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake >>>>> Wolf

Ruckus

Smash Cadet
South San Francisco, California, United States, No
This is a direct attack on all wolf players that laser spam to rack up percentage
It will not help you it will only delay they inevitable.
A skilled snake player will take maybe one or two laser before you catch a knee smack combo

Wolf takes no skill to learn to play with just spam and down smash roll away repeat have fun being the most hated character is brawl while snake is the most respected Character by utilizing all of his techniques.

Be warned laser spamming will earn you AAA combos a knee smack nair KO.

RepMR

Smash Rookie
So says the character with the campiest move set in the game.

Sre you seriously trying to say all Wolf can do is camp with the lasers until you get close? What about Bair approaches, Scarring to the center of the stage into shine and Fsmash/Blaster/Dmash? Nair to shine to Dsmash/Blaster/Fsmash?

What Wolf's have you been playing to give you the impression we're all laser spam and no bite?

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
ugh rep dont respond............................................................. wolf has to laser spam and laser spam > snakes range, try fsmashing into an AAA.......

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
Mmm, quite the flamebait post.

Wolf takes no skill to learn to play
Regardless to what you may think, none of the characters require skill to play, but all the characters in the game do require skill to master.

yuo

Smash Cadet
Wolf is getting a lot of hate isn't he? I look forward to my victories being denunciated solely on the grounds that I play wolf..

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Wolf's getting a lot of hate? It's probably because a) n00b players b) they couldn't think of a good strategy against Wolf?

Ruckus

Smash Cadet
South San Francisco, California, United States, No
So says the character with the campiest move set in the game.

Sre you seriously trying to say all Wolf can do is camp with the lasers until you get close? What about Bair approaches, Scarring to the center of the stage into shine and Fsmash/Blaster/Dmash? Nair to shine to Dsmash/Blaster/Fsmash?

What Wolf's have you been playing to give you the impression we're all laser spam and no bite?

None of these tactics have any effect on snake what so ever
After trailing one stock with snake at 60 percent wolf will result to laser spamming then down smash on a snake aproach, it is just what desperate wolf players do when they find out snake overpowers wolf.
Live in fear spam your lasers pls

Kruton

Smash Ace
I don't play Wolf, but I know Wolf is a lot more than defensive laser spam. If someone's Wolf is playing you like that, you're probably being over aggressive.

Alpha_Wolf

Smash Rookie
Ever been spammed by pit? I think he is a lot worse with spamming plus you have to deal with NAYAYAYAYAYAAAAA!!!! and all his dumb taunts grating on your sanity as well. I'm not sure how snake matches up against pit so your mileage may vary I guess.

Wufei74

Smash Rookie
I just played the 15th ranked Player on MLG, and he was snake vs my wolf. I'm not THAT good or anything, and I still lost, but he himself told me "Try spamming laser a bit more, make me come to you. Then when I get close Just down smash me. It's pretty effective."

I'm willing to bet he's a MUCH better Snake player than you are.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I just played the 15th ranked Player on MLG, and he was snake vs my wolf. I'm not THAT good or anything, and I still lost, but he himself told me "Try spamming laser a bit more, make me come to you. Then when I get close Just down smash me. It's pretty effective."

I'm willing to bet he's a MUCH better Snake player than you are.
Well...technically you're only further proving that laser spam bait to smash is what Wolves do since I'm sure by stating that he's observed it work in many of his Wolf matches. Also, don't you think that if he'd mention that to you, considering his rank he shouldn't so easily fall for it since it's pretty obvious? At least I don't lol.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Oh jesus, another frustrated snake player that can't find a tactic in defeating a laser spamming wolf.
l2p snake.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Solid Snake sure has a lot of strong non-smash attacks. I must say that that's a shock. Wolf has to use his smash attacks a lot of times, which tends to become predictable after awhile.

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
Boy this wasn't a blatent troll post.

For a constructive post, Snake's tilts, neutral combos and aerials are all insane and have crazy strength and priority, but he literally has no answer to projectile spam besides trying to approach through it, and since he's so big and slow, that's a problem. Learn to shield, I guess.

Wufei74

Smash Rookie
Well...technically you're only further proving that laser spam bait to smash is what Wolves do since I'm sure by stating that he's observed it work in many of his Wolf matches. Also, don't you think that if he'd mention that to you, considering his rank he shouldn't so easily fall for it since it's pretty obvious? At least I don't lol.
Haha, well I can't say I disagree with you, but I tend to avoid smashing my way through a match. I think thats why he was suggesting it, because I kept taking the SH fair/bair approach towards him, when really I should have just let him come to me.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do main both snake and wolf. I find that wolf can win if he avoids the AAA & Atilt of snake(wich isn't hard when you are wolf) geeze, go to your own baords and post this random crapp.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
against any projectile spam, Snake can simply fire a Nikita missile into it. The missile will cancel any projectile and only blow the missile off course slightly, which is easy enough most times to put the missile back on course. Hope that ends your frustration.

P.S. does not work for pikmin. the missile simply blows up the pikmin.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
against any projectile spam, Snake can simply fire a Nikita missile into it. The missile will cancel any projectile and only blow the missile off course slightly, which is easy enough most times to put the missile back on course. Hope that ends your frustration.

lolllllllllllllll i WISH snake did that hahahahahhaha, then i would get a free 30% dmg from aerials pumped into his *ss

DancingZombies

Smash Rookie
Wolf's blaster is extremely useful, but it's not his only attack. Go whine about how you got owned to someone else.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
lolllllllllllllll i WISH snake did that hahahahahhaha, then i would get a free 30% dmg from aerials pumped into his *ss
Err.. unless Snake is close to you, I doubt you could get close enough to do aerials after a Nikita launch. Not to mention whoever's playing Snake should probably just cancel it at that point (shield).

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
Err.. unless Snake is close to you, I doubt you could get close enough to do aerials after a Nikita launch. Not to mention whoever's playing Snake should probably just cancel it at that point (shield).
haha ya ur right, that explains why all snake user use the missle all the time, cuz they CANT get punished for it!!!!!!! wtf was i thinkin geez

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
laser camping with wolf in general does not work. If you face an even decent opponent they can just powersheild through your lasers, snake or otherwise. Lasers are good to through in here and there, but a camping wolf does not work. I would also like to say that snakes utilt is ****ing stupid.

ashark8doom

Smash Rookie
I had never played a snake until today, and laser spam is extremely effective against him especially one that drops nades all over the plat. I generally like to keep control of the platform and snake can easily take over if you allow him with all his tools. But laser spam forces snake to play right into wolfs attacks. A player can only take so many lasers to the face until they get fed up and charge in rolling.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman

RRRRRRNNN! Wrong, try again.

Snake's Nakita is very laggy to get the missle in the air. Wolf's laser will hit Snake before the missle is launched, which means Snake will get hit and have to try again....and get hit and try again...and get hit and try again...

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
haha ya ur right, that explains why all snake user use the missle all the time, cuz they CANT get punished for it!!!!!!! wtf was i thinkin geez
If your on one side of the level, and the Snake player is on the other side of the level. Frankly I can't see either of you punishing each other. The only likely thing is the blaster may hit Snake, though some of them will be blocked by the Nikita.

And really, grammar please.

_Li_

Smash Rookie
This is a direct attack on all wolf players that laser spam to rack up percentage
It will not help you it will only delay they inevitable.
A skilled snake player will take maybe one or two laser before you catch a knee smack combo

Wolf takes no skill to learn to play with just spam and down smash roll away repeat have fun being the most hated character is brawl while snake is the most respected Character by utilizing all of his techniques.

Be warned laser spamming will earn you AAA combos a knee smack nair KO.
Wolf isn't even my main and I realize that is a bunch of crap. I use the laser sparingly in between setting up attacks or when throwing grenades to detonate them against snake. I NEVER spam such a horrifically slow projectile. Maybe you've played your autistic little brother or that level 5 computer for too long, but real players aren't so low.

-Li

Gymn

Smash Cadet
Wolf can laser spam, but not as much as fox so idk what this dude is complaining about. If you actually can PLAY with wolf it becomes an actual smash, and i know Snake Players who set mines and just sit there, waiting. All characters have noobs that spam or do gay things, so stop complaining

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
Hey, don't make this forum look like the official WoW forums with people whinning on the other classes all the time, wolf is fine and so is snake, QQ less and l2p as they say out there -_-;

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Wolf isn't even my main and I realize that is a bunch of crap. I use the laser sparingly in between setting up attacks or when throwing grenades to detonate them against snake. I NEVER spam such a horrifically slow projectile. Maybe you've played your autistic little brother or that level 5 computer for too long, but real players aren't so low.

-Li
I agree. Most people who actually know what they're doing aren't going be spamming projectiles at the end of the stage. Not only does it take to long (and I'd imagine it gets boring quickly, especially if the other person just learns to get on an edge and keep dropping and grabbing the edge) it's just boring. It may be true that some people who play Wolf just spam projectiles, just like it's true that some people who play Snake may just camp somewhere. But there's always other ways to play characters. And heck sometimes they're efficient too, it just depends on the scenario.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Most people who actually know what they're doing aren't going be spamming projectiles at the end of the stage. Not only does it take to long (and I'd imagine it gets boring quickly, especially if the other person just learns to get on an edge and keep dropping and grabbing the edge) it's just boring. It may be true that some people who play Wolf just spam projectiles, just like it's true that some people who play Snake may just camp somewhere. But there's always other ways to play characters. And heck sometimes they're efficient too, it just depends on the scenario.
HAHAH srsly one of the funniest things ive ever read

Zink

Smash Champion
there's no reason NOT to spam laser if it's effective. I honestly don't care at all how boring the game is, if laser camping owns I will use it, and so will all the serious wolfs.

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
online with a tad bad latency snake's very weak against spamming, though offline if you know how to dodge you can get past any spammer ;P

and when I play snake, something that works often when playeras are spamming at the other side of the stage like Pit, is to air dodge untill you get a little bit in front of him, use his new wavedash, works on the most spammers I've met =P

Top Bottom