• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's doubles discussion: Wario

Snake's Double Discussion

It seems like we lacked something like this too? No wonder...
Do I have to say what this thread is for :confused:

How do we rate it?
:snake::snake::snake::snake::snake: Awesome
:snake::snake::snake::snake: Superb
:snake::snake::snake: Average
:snake::snake: Stupehd
:snake: Wut?

Let's discuss the characters from top to bottom tier:

META KNIGHT:

:snake::snake::snake::snake::snake:
Overall one of the best doubles, if not the best. The usual thing is that you control the ground while MK takes the air. MK will go for racking up damage and approaching while Snake plays defensively, camps and goes for the kill. MK can omnigay like Kirbby (:3). MK covers up 4 of Snake's most difficult MUs which is Olimar, DDD, Marth and Wario. Tornado ***** a lot and you can do this epic thing that Samurai mentioned: sticky MK -> MK tornados -> the sticky transfers in the tornado -> opponent pops up in the air -> detonate C4 -> repeat. A. Actually, I think that Snake doesn't have to do much and MK can do all the work by himself. You can just sit down there doing nothing but I think you have to help MK if the team your battling would be MK and MK or if you hear the name Ally+M2K, good luck. Nothing bad about the team. All of Snake's disadvantages are covered.

SNAKE:

:snake::snake::snake::snake:
Snake and Snake is a good team overall but this team is hard to pull off. They can control the stage easily since they will put mines and C4s and nades all over the stage. Snake+Snake have lots of killing power so you can easily get in for the kill. Like most teams you can make good combos. Sadly, DACUS would be not recommended here because since you can't control DACUS you might hit your teammate. You can't use projectiles that much because you might kill each other. Just think of the team, think of Snake's advantages times 2 (except tech chasing) This team requires lots of synergy.

Additional note: This doubles is debatable because some people think it's good while some think it's bad.

Sure why not:
- Snake should take the ground while MK takes the air.
- Be careful when your throwing nades and triggering mines
- MK can omnigay
- MK racks up damage, Snake kills
- MK approaches while Snake camps

This is obviously a 5/5 but we need input :p

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Snake & MK is a basic, but incredibly dominant doubles team. MK covers about every weakness that Snake has, namely the air. MK already has a fairly solid ground game as well.

The Omnigay is nice too.

This team doesn't really have any weakness.

It's easily a 5/5.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is a fairly strong team. Probably top 5. MK Wario and MK G&W are better teams.

Disadvantage is Snake getting juggled/edgeguarded/gimped easier in teams.

Snake cannot camp as well as he would like in teams. Less room + more pressure on him leads to having a harder time camping like usual.

Nic64

Smash Lord
MK/MK is also better IMO, I really don't like Snake in doubles at all tbh, a lot of characters I'd rather team with and my own Snake has never done well in doubles. This is more criticism of the Snake half of the team which isn't really what the topic is about, but I'd view Snake as a liability.

NNID
LilG912
This team like the best team in the whole game imo, MK and Snake. MK got the combos, the juggles, the whorenado of ****, and mostly got everything to back Snake up. Snake got the projectiles and power.

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
Suicide MK's or partners is fun too although with MK they can run by opponents stick the C4 and launch them in the air.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Is this discussion about Snake + MK in doubles, or Snake VS MK in doubles?

Snake + MK works well. Obvious reasons were already included. Also, sticky MK -> MK tornados -> the sticky transfers in the tornado -> opponent pops up in the air -> detonate C4 -> repeat. A simple strategy that got Ally and Sean 2nd at Genesis (should've got first if it wasn't for a very funny 2v1 that Ally/Sean lost because they got cocky :p). And as DMG stated, MK has better choices than Snake.

Snake VS MK in doubles is a whole other boat. In short, its tons of nades and crossing your fingers that you don't get gimped. Snake's worst matchups in doubles include MK, Wario, and GW. Who are also the 3 best doubles characters.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Snake ***** in ground, MK ***** in air. Can there be a more perfect well rounded team? I think you guys got the jist of it. Also to add, MK can save snake outside the stage and even when being combo'ed on stage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
More perfect team would be Wario/MK or G&W/MK. They are better overall doubles characters than Snake for different reasons, and they team better with MK than Snake does.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Im not saying they are a perfect team, but a perfect overall team. Dont have much weakness and can **** in most/if not all stages. Plus the cheap stuff a good snake and MK team can do is what too broken in teams

gallax

Smash Hero
i prefer teaming with a MK. as snake u are more of the support role which is great cuz thats all you need to be. and if you are ever being juggled mk has the bes chance at helping u get out.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Plus the cheap stuff a good snake and MK team can do is what too broken in teams
Because Wario and Gaymenwatch don't have any ******** team strategies or anything

Snake/MK is alright but yeah, as an MK player I'd definitely prefer the GW or Wario partner.

I don't like Snake with Snake.

The enemy doesn't really have to do anything cause you'll probably kill each other instead

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Double Snake sucks. Get an air character plox.

That's what happened. I accidentally hit my bro then he hit me then got fustrated then I hit him then we started killing each other.

This always happens

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
snake and mk, team broken, they are quite good but imo wario works better as an air character with snake then metaknight does.

anyways, once you get to wario and wolf I can give you guys heaps of... discussioness?

napZzz

Smash Hero
double snake is good when you have the synergy to pull it off. IMO its like a 4/5 though.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I don't like Snake with Snake.

The enemy doesn't really have to do anything cause you'll probably kill each other instead
This is not true. But before I say why......have you guys realized that a ditto team.....for most characters works well. Take for ex. 2 Ikes.
Anyway, the reason it's not true....is this is all bout' strategy and being care full with your projectiles. Since Snake has a craps load of range/strength w/ his projectiles you have to be very careful....so you don't hit your partner.

Ohhh......BTW, did you guys know that if you put a C4 on snake and he does U-throw.... the C4 passes on to who ever snake used U-throw on.
This mean that mean stick your snake partner let him get a grab......U-throw.....into detonation. And there's either extra damage or a kill (depending on percent).

Snake Ditto doubles +:
-Both of you can tank.
-C4 trixies.
-Both of you have lots of kill power.
-easily help partner out of being juggled/gimped.
-double the edge guarding
-Tech chasing
-Sick combos (LOL)
-Last reason....2 snakes would just be cool. :p:p

Snake Ditto negatives:
-accidental damage to each other use tilt/projectiles.
-Kill partner w/ a kill move.
-DACUS (just think about)
-can't freely use projectiles

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Mizu, your forgetting that techchasing isnt affective cuz you have the other opponent flying in to disrupt it. and that Snake in fact cant help the other out that well if hes getting gimped. I say theres a huge weakness here in that your gonna get gimped and your partner cant really save you or risk getting himself gimped.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Snake Ditto doubles +:
-Both of you can tank.
-C4 trixies.
-Both of you have lots of kill power.
-easily help partner out of being juggled/gimped.
-double the edge guarding
-2 v 1 Tech chasing
-Sick combos (LOL)
-Last reason....2 snakes would just be cool. :p:p
Mizu, your forgetting that techchasing isnt affective cuz you have the other opponent flying in to disrupt it. and that Snake in fact cant help the other out that well if hes getting gimped. I say theres a huge weakness here in that your gonna get gimped and your partner cant really save you or risk getting himself gimped.
Whoops....made a mistake...there fixed.
Also, did you read what I wrote in red.....if so....
what do you think?

seven7xenon

Smash Rookie
IMO, Snake + MK or Snake + Wario are the best teamates for snake. Snake + Snake would be horrible to play as you would just get gimped with no one to help you out, especially against something like Double MK.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Snake & snake would not do to well.

- Camping methods are know disrupted considering you have 2 share more space, watch out that you do not mess up your teamates nade use, and it is likely that you'll do damage to each other.

- 2 snakes will not help snake in the air, he will still be able to be gimped with no good arieal help at all.

I don't think 2 snakes are the worst teammates 2 put together, just not really that good.

Snake & marth... Perfect :)

Top Bottom